The Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) program was officially initiated by the 4th Malaysian Prime Minister; Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad on 12 February 1996. This program is to transform Malaysia into a modern state by the year 2020.
The Smart School Flagship is one of the seven flagship applications envisaged under the Multimedia Super Corridor initiative. The MSC Smart School Flagship Application is a collaborative effort between the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC). The ICT expertise for the initiative was provided by the Telekom Smart School (TSS) industry consortium. The MDeC, which has been entrusted with the development of the MSC, plays a key role in the implementation and ensuring that targets are achieved as planned.
1. Teaching-learning processes - core of Smart School - comprises 4 areas : curriculum, pedagogy, assessment and teaching-learning materials - process related : reinvented to help students to learn more effective & efficient 2. Management and administration - the driver of the Smart School - helps principal to manage the resources & the processes 3. Human resource, skill and responsibility - stakeholders responsible (improvement of school performance) - they are equipped with specific skills & requisite knowledge
4) Processes - viewed as system - continuously studied to ensure that the system provides accurate input to produce desired output5) Technology - used as an enabler for Smart School in teaching-learning process, management & communication6) Policies - change in existing policies & regulations is conducted - to make sure implementation of Smart School is successful
- to impart the learning desire to all generations- technology derivation process is divided into 3 : a) Smart School Practices - teaching and learning : Distance learning - management system : Financial management - external constituencies : Other schools b) Technical requirements - network requirement
c) Smart school technology solutions - school level -national level - district levelExample:District level Requirements - District database and security network Solutions - Centralised multi-point video conferencing, secured transaction via network, regional server with a unique computer address for each school and information management and control
1. Dealing with a learning environment. Why? -Not ready to change their mind set and to learn use new ICT programme. Then gave minimal readiness Assumedthat the practice could not solve the problems of finishing the syllabus.
2. Passive student - Not play an active role in determining the direction of their learning. Causes More confident with traditional method OpinionSmart teaching method is considered as slowing down the teaching and learning process.
3. Lack of parents and community involvement Why?Upgrade their life and provide better life to their children Opinion Government and teachers are totally responsible for the smart school programmes. Causes Not understand the concepts of Smart School.
4. Limitations of infrastructure and network access Why? Need a lots of cost and funds. Causes Teaching and learning by using technology in Smart School is not effective. +Non-readiness teachers agree with their perception that Smart TLM is burdened them and affects student learning.