Clothes for warm
Clothes for cold
S1: Where is my black shirt
S2: It think, it is in washing machine.
S1: It is not here.
S2: Let’s watch it in puppy’s house.
S2: Hey! See that is here, under the puppy.
S1: oh, it is a disaster. I can’t wear it any more.
S2: Don’t worry man. Buy new one for yourself.
Listen and practice. Notice the pronunciation of
s and sh:
1. Suit Socks Scarf
2. Shirt Shorts Shoes
B) Read the sentences. Pay attention to the
pronunciation of S and Sh.
a. This is Sandra’s new shirt. b. Where are my shoes and socks?
c. These are Sam's purple shoes. d. My shorts and T-shirts are blue!
Adjectives pronouns Names
My mine Pat’s blouse /s/
Your yours Julie’s jeans /z/
His his Rex’s T-shirt /iz/
Our ours Whose
Work in groups, Select the correct Possessive
Adjective and possessive pronouns in the
1. The red book on the table is………….
2. He is ……. student. I like him very much.
3. This is…… husband. She loves him a lot.
4. This is…….. class. He regularly come to class.
5. Ahmad is this watch……..?
6. Is this………. cap?
My T-shirt is yellow
Listen to these people describe their clothes.
Number the picture from 1 to 4
B Pair work Now talk about these people. What colors
are their clothes.
Weather and seasons around the world
Fall Celsius (0-100)
What are the seasons in your country?
What is your favorite season?
What is the weather like today?
How was the weather like yesterday?
Present continuous tense shows an action that
is happening Now, right now, or at the
moment of speaking.
Exp: I am going to school now.
She is washing the dishes.
Always omit the final (e) and add (ing)
Put( ing) after all voiceless consonants
In one syllable verb( consonant proceeding a vowel) double
the last consonant and add ( ing)
Write the question form of the following
1. I am teaching English class now.
2. He is eating lunch right now.
3. She is washing the dishes
Write the negative statements for the
1. Is she watching TV?
2. Are they studying the books?
3. Are you working hard in your office?
4. Am I coming on time to the class?
Choose the correct To be verb in following
1. They ( am/are/is) going to park.
2. We ( is /am/are) reciting holy Quran.
3. (Are/Is/Am) you cooking ladyfingers?
4. She (is not/are not /am not) eating dinner.
5. I (am not/ are not/ is not/) working in
6. ( Is/Am/Are not) he reading English book?
Conjunction is a word which is used to join two
words or two sentences.
There are many conjunctions in English language
but we will study only two here.
Exp: Ahmad and Salim are brothers.
She is a doctor but Hafiza is a nurse.
I am a teacher and he is too.
Fill in the blanks with correct conjunction.
1. Nadir is a Pilot…….. Jamil is too.
2. They are engineers…….we are managers.
3. Salim…….Masud are brothers.
4. She is an assistant professor…… he is a
5. Ahmad…….I are working together.
Complete these sentences. Then compare with
Work in groups
Work in pairs
Randomly select the students and ask them
questions in present continuous tense.
Are you wearing a suit? Yes, I am. No, I am not.
Is she wearing boots? Yes, she is. No, she is not.,
Are they wearing glasses? Yes he is, No they are not.
A Listening: Write the names Bruce, Beth, Jon,
Anita, and Nick in the boxes.
B Group work Ask questions about the people in the
picture. (from book)
C Group work Write five questions about your
classmates. Then ask and answer the questions.
Are Ahmad and Salim wearing jeans?
Is Javed wearing blue cap?