By taking part in all these programs, and using my blogger to update everything I done, I learnt that the production was easier, because these programs enabled the process to become faster, which saved time, of work or any tasks being delayed. Also it was accurate, and there were less faults. I think one thing I could’ve improved on was if I got the careers adviser from connections to email me what they personally think about what young people do after 16.another thing I think I could’ve improved on was if I interviewed or got yr 11’s to fill out an questionnaire about how they feel about taking other routes and what they are planning to do after they finish college.Another thing I think I could’ve improved on was my time-management. The reason for this is because when I interviewed my participant the first time, it came out too quiet. I think this made my newscast process slower because I had to redo on it. Also it slowed my work pace even more, because I was late in terms of uploading it after to sound cloud. I definitely think it would’ve been good to have evidence of the 16 year old, so audience can relate to the young persons feelings. And see from that persons opinion, what the EMA being scrapped and the tuitican fees increasing has made some do, and majority are forced to abandon their studies, because it has confused some young people what to do next year, because rumors' have it, that even graduate students find it hard to find a job after they get a degree, because their been told their too “over-qualified” etc. I think this is definitely one of the main concerns on young peoples decision, forcing them to shatter their dreams, and force them to work instead.
FAHIMA KHANOM 5516
1. In what ways does your media product use, develop, or challenge forms & convections on real media products? USE: headlines Serious news first Light news after Vox pop, interviews Challenge: Young presenters No weather forecast Gossip stories Energetic, loud music
2. How does your product represent social groups• The first story of the death of a teacher shows young people as being caring and bonding with educators. This is because they are shocked and saddened by his death.• Teachers are depicted as being fun lovers who know how to step out of the stereotype of boring academics. In this story a teacher dresses up as a woman.
… representation• The story about routes to university show that young people are independent decision makers who decide their future : they don’t feel compelled to go to university.• However, they are also shown as being financial strugglers unable to afford uni fee• The government is represented as holding back young people’s future.
… representationThe Chris Brown story shows male celebrities as being disrespectful to women but can still reclaim their fans after disgracing themselves.It shows that they have a certain power and awe over young people.This suggests that young people are easily swayed by money and status.
3. What kind of media institition mightdistribute your media product and why?I personally think BBC radio 1 extra is one of the popular radio stationsand it explores a wide range of youth topics – both light and serious. Sothis radio station would definitely suit my newscast. We both target ayoung audience and 1 Extra is aimed at 16-34 year-olds.
• BBC Radio one extra-- is DAB digital radio and it delivers local news and it is one of UK’s biggest radio company. BBC radio 1 extra isn’t habitual as its a broad international station.• Programming- this radio station is allowed to have limited hard news content because their focus is music and entertainment.• The tone and style of the news presentation is in keeping with the stations overall target audience – who in this case is young and preferably urban. BBC radio 1 extra would suitable for my newscast!
4, Who would be the audience for yourmedia product?
Our Audience are:• Teenagers and young adults• Young students and youths attending college• From East London• Demographic E (Unemployed and weekend workers)• Psychographic- strugglers and aspirers• Interests – entertainment, fashion, celeb lifestyle
Survey Monkey helped us to learn more about our audience…• Here are some examples: Also looking at my results, the statistics show that the target Based on my results, more people audience preferred both as the prefer to listen to the radio type of language, because no stations in the morning and one wants to hear a radio evening. This is because they are station if its too sophisticated or on their way to college too slang, as its good if the radio station is balanced.1) What time of day do you usually 2)What type of language do you listen to the radio? prefer? Informal 10% Formal Morning 3%27% Mid-day Both 35% 35% Dont mind Evening Night 32% 6% 52%
5. How did you attract/address your audience?• Music• Tone of voice of the young presenters• Celebrity life and entertainment news-• Chatty and enthusiastic, energetic, buzz live newscast• Use of sound codes- speech and music
Attract/Address….DUECE FM selected relevant stories:• Fahima• Interactive method- finding out about what 16 year olds want to do after their GCSE’s• Done on survey monkey and recorded information on Blogger• Announce the statistics on the radio show• 24/01/12• Erika• Outside Broadcast on movies out recently in the cinemas• Asked people their expectations of the movie before they watched it and after they watched it she asked them if their expectations were met.• Ask the cashier what movies does he sell tickets for the most.• 24/01/12• Anika• Interview a student about the Christmas show• Asked a student various questions about the Christmas show• Present students opinion on the Christmas show• 24/01/12• Shema• Vox Pop in Queen Mary University and Westfield shopping centre asking them about Chris Brown• Asked public people questions and opinions on celebrity Chris Brown• Present public people’s opinion on Chris Brown• 24/01/12
What have you learnt about technology from the process of conducting the media product?• Digitisation has improved sound quality• It is more user-friendly• Saves time• Minimisation has improved portability• Digital editing is much more accurate and easier to use.
Technology cont’d…• The equipment I used for ,my media product was the Dictaphone mp3 player to record my participant for the interview.• I also used survey monkey to find out the statistics, about all the different routes young people after 16 do. This could include taking apprenticeship, doing internship over the summer, going onto college, higher education later on (university) etc.• I also used garage band to create music. The reason why I used this program was because I had to come up with various ways to see what music fits into my newscast. I that technology convergence can be combine when one or two instruments are emerged together making one sound overall.• I also used blogger to record and update my recent activity, so whilst planning for the newscast on what young people do after 16 I was also keeping a record of what I wad doing. by using the Dictaphone mp3 player, it was portable and was a good media product to use for interviewing, because I was doing interactive as one of the methods of communicating with my audience. all these conventions helped fasten my newscast, because using survey monkey• I also used sound cloud to upload the audio clip of the interview so its then shared on audacity. All these forms of conventions helped with my media newscast because it helped the interview run smoothly, and I was able to get valuable and useful information. this software helped me realize that this program is important and helps the whole process of technology go faster because various clips can be uploaded then shared on audacity.
7. What have you learnt in the progression from the preliminary task to the main task?• I learnt about digitization and minimization and analogue. I also learnt about news stories and the difference between local and international news. Since September till now, I have been working on various things in media and have become more confident working on my newscast, in terms of going out and interviewing someone. I think I have developed on this, because for my newscast I had to go and interview someone. I then used it for my groups radio station deuce FM. By interviewing the careers adviser, I was able to look back on the clip and take out relevant key information, where she was talking about what other routes young people can take, other then going university. The whole point of me taking part in the newscast was so I can find out other options, young leavers can think of, other then forcing themselves to go university. From the newscast, I was also able to work on my own initiative by finding out results from survey monkey, and updating my blog. From this I learnt that, 50% do want to work, whilst the other 50% want to go university. This tells us that it is very balanced. By taking part in this newscast, has made me realize and made my choice wiser too about what to do when I leave college this year.
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.