1. Film and Video is a Board Endorsed non ATAR, 1 unit and 2 unit course.The subject content in this course addresses traditional aspects of thefield of film and video and offers students opportunities to exploremore contemporary developments in this field and in the fields of videoand digital imaging (still and moving).Within the Film and Video course students will learn to use a digitalvideo and photographic camera. Students will be able to create theirown DVDs and film. Students will learn how to edit their footage andadd sound and special effects. Learn how to create a short claymationmovie. Students will also experience behind the scene techniques suchas lighting, acting, film genres and styles, writing storyboards, pre-production and post production experiences.
2. Course StructureThe Film and Video course structure is divided into modules. Topic areas will betaught from the modules and based on the students’ interest.These modules include:General VideoIndividual/Collaborative Project Introduction to Practice in Video Developing a Point of View Traditions, Conventions, Styles and Genres Manipulated Forms The Arranged Image Temporal AccountsMandatory Digital ImagingOccupational Health and Safety Introduction to Practice in Digital Imaging Developing a Point of View Traditions, Conventions, Styles and Genres Manipulated Forms The Arranged Image Temporal Accounts
3. Assessment of Content Endorsed Courses Stage 6There is no external examination of students in Content EndorsedCourses Stage 6. Component Weighting (%) Making 70 Critical and Historical Studies 30Exclusion Please note that the Photography & Film and Video courses run under the Board of Studies course “Photography, Video and Digital Imaging”, therefore you are not allowed to select both of these subjects.
5. Graphic designer Beauty therapist Architect Jeweller Costume maker Signwriter Cartoonist Camera operator Fashion designer Make-up artist Graphic artist/designer Painter and decorator Web designer Hairdresser Art teacher Florist Photographer Journalist Interior designer Museum curator Advertising manager Archaeologist Illustrator Advertising manager Interior decorator Archaeologist Camera operator (film,television)
6. REMEMBER TO SELECT SUBJECTS THAT YOU ENJOY AND ARE GOOD AT.THINK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE AND POSSIBLE CAREER CHOICES. GOOD LUCK. Visual Arts Faculty