Overly Drive Flood Mitigation
Project No. SD-000031-022
The Overly Drive Flood Mitigation was substantially completed on 6/28/2013, on time and within the budget. An existing
54” RCP located south of the junction box gets inundated and overflows, flooding five (5) houses located on Overly Drive.
This project provided an overland relief channel that conveys water to an existing modified junction box and a 6’x6’ box
culvert that is located at the north of the site along the backyard of the houses on the west side of Overly Drive.
• An overland relief channel was constructed using natural stream channel design techniques to bypass water from water
ponding area to an outlet structure under I-495, without flooding the adjacent private properties.
• The following channel natural features were constructed: Four (4) rock steps, one (1) imbricated rock wall, four (4) rock
cross vanes, one (1) rock weir structure and reinforced bed material was placed in the bottom of the proposed channel.
• Re-graded the area on both side of the channel to direct the flow toward the channel and away from the adjacent
• Completely restored the disturbed area with selective seed mix, planting the site with selected mix of trees is scheduled
to be in the Fall, 2013
DPWES Project Team:
• Project Manager: Ratna S Pottumuthu
• Construction Manager: Mannan Qureshi
• Project Inspectors: Paul Thaler
• Land Acquisition Agent: Vicki Johnson
• Survey Analyst: Gregory Harper
6’ x 6’ Box Culvert
OVERLY DRIVE FLOOD MITIGATION PROJECT
Lee District - Tax Map No. 81-1