2. TerrorismTerrorism actually comes from the Latin Word“Fear”. “Terrorism is the unlawful use of force orviolence against persons or property to intimidateor coerce a government, the civilian population, orany segment thereof, in furtherance of political orsocial objectives.”
3. Objective of Terrorism Attract attention for groups cause . Demonstrate groups power . Extract revenge . Obtain Logistical support. Cause a government to overreact.
4. Domestic TerrorismTerrorism perpetrated by the citizens of a country against their fellow citizens . Includes acts against citizens of a second country when they are in the host country , and not the principal or intended target.
5. Domestic Terrorism Oklahoma City bombing of Murrah Federal building on 19April 1995 killed 168 people and injured hundreds of others . Centennial Olympic park on26 July 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia killed 2 and injured 111
6. Domestic Terrorism Tokyo subway sarin gas on 20 march 1995 by the Aum Shinrikyo cult killed 12 and injured approximately 6,000 .Bali Nightclub bombings on 12 october 2002 by the JemaahIslamiah organization killed 202 people and injured 209.
7. International TerrorismTerrorism in which planning and execution of the terrorists act transcends national boundaries. Terrorism practiced in a foreign country by terrorists who are not native to that country.
8. International Terrorism Bombing of La Belle Disco in West Berlin on 5th April 1986sponsored by Libya , killing 3 and injuring more than 100.Pan Am flight 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland on 21 December 1988 by Libyan agents killed 270.
9. International Terrorism First world Trade CenterAttack on 26 February 1993 :Islamic terrorists detonated atruck bomb under the towers killing 6 and damaging the building
10. Major Types of Terrorism Civil Disorders Political Terrorism Non- Political Terrorism Quasi – Terrorism Nationalist Terrorism Religious Terrorism State-sponsored Terrorism
11. Causes of Terrorism Psychological causes Unemployment and Financial Demand for something Use of religion Education
12. Important Information about Terrorism
13. Most common types of Terrorism Bombings Kidnappings Hostage takings Armed attack and assassinations Arsons and Fire bombings Hijackings and Skyjackings Other Types of Terrorist attackings
14. Future of Terrorism Terrorism has demonstrated increasing abilities to adapt to counter-terrorismmeasures and political failure . Terrorists are developing new capabilities of attack andimproving the efficiency of existing methods . Increasing capabilities of Terrorists. Adaptive Capabilities of Terror Groups .
15. What can be done ? Support from Politicians Support from Police Creating Awareness Support from different countries An intensified effort to bring terrorists to justice by prosecution and conviction before court of law.
16. ConclusionIn Hope of a “TERROR FREE TOMMOROW ”