1. the future of marketing is being human jacqueline fackeldey oktober 2007
2. today’s & tomorrow’s customer
3. we are the web passion tiranny of transparancy we love to judge read & write share webbased peer to peer prosumer participation co-creation open source public beta customization mash-up word of mouth (wom) social networking buzz the longtail
4. markets are conversations so, are you listening?
5. we trust other people 61% trust other people like themselves (as media) - Edelman Trust Barometer, 2006 2006 Diffusion studies found that WOM is 10x more effective than media advertising 2001 Word-of-Mouth (WOM) is 7x more effective than newspaper advertising, 5x stronger than a personal sales pitch and 2x as effective as radio advertising 1955 36% of surveyed consumers reported learning of an innovation through word-of-mouth, while 48% reported being influenced by WOM when making a purchase decision 1967
6. and we don’t trust you anymore
7. we ar e the web we are human we are going from control to chaos convention to instinct process to flow documentation to collaboration fear to confidence ownership to stewardship walls to openess inside to outside
8. markets are conversations so, are you listening?
9. we do like human to human marketing but please... no corporate marketing
10. we are human be ings not human buy ings
11. we are the web and (y)our business
12. so, it’s your business to do like we do
13. and it’s your business to be human too
14. fackeldey finds was in spired by <ul><li>logic and emotion (nearly all visuals) </li></ul><ul><li>the cluetrain manifesto (thoughts) </li></ul><ul><li>wired (thoughts) </li></ul><ul><li>webstrategist (visual) </li></ul><ul><li>futurelab (stats) </li></ul><ul><li>getsatisfaction (thoughts) </li></ul><ul><li>emarketer (stats) </li></ul><ul><li>threadless (visual) </li></ul>