1. ManchesterVita Student at First Street // Manchester, UK
2. Vita Student is a premium brand; the first of its kinddedicated to designing, developing and delivering thebest student property in the UK.For the StudentVita Student represents accommodation of the highestquality with state-of-the-art facilities and services, anda city centre living experience like no other.For the InvestorVita Student offers a hassle-free, fully-managed propertyinvestment with assured returns in the UK’s best studentaccommodation projects.0205081420283234Why Vita StudentThe Vita Student story.Introducing Vita Student at First StreetVita Student’s latest project in the heartof Manchester city centre.Vita Student living at First StreetThe luxury Studios of Vita Student at First Street.Vita community at First StreetState-of-the-art communal spaces & facilities.A first class locationAn overview of the master development, Manchester’smost vibrant new neighbourhood.ManchesterThe university city of Manchester and why ithas been chosen as a Vita Student location.The TeamAn introduction to the award-winningteam behind Vita Student at First Street.The investmentA fully-managed investment with assuredrental returns.ContentsManchester
3. What sets Vita Student apartAll Vita Student properties are completed to an unrivalled levelof specification equal to that of a four-star hotel.In addition, compared to standard student accommodation withshared living areas and cooking facilities, Vita Student properties arelarger and completely self-contained, fitted with high qualitykitchens and en-suite shower rooms.Designed especially with international students in mind, Vita Studentdevelopments are located in close proximity to places of study andare home to large communal areas and unprecedented supportservices and facilities.Vita StudentWhy Vita Student?03Recognising a shift in the higher education market,Vita Student developments are designed to cater forthe growing number of international students in theUK demanding higher standards in livingaccommodation.The UK is the world’s second largest host country to overseas students.Attracted by the combination of comparatively affordable tuition fees anda world-leading standard of education, the UK already educates close tohalf a million international students and is set to be a major benefactor tothe predicted 57% growth in the number of students studying outside theirhome country over the next few years.With higher budgets for housing and the requirement to feel safe andcomfortable in a foreign country, international students have createdsignificant demand for high-quality, fully self-contained, purpose-builtstudent accommodation in city centre locations close to their institutionof study.In spite of this, most projects provide a more standard level of specification,leaving a gap in the market for true high-end student property. VitaStudent is the first student accommodation brand to cater especially forthis rapidly growing, higher-end of the market and, in turn, create acompelling opportunity for investors.Vita Student is the first to offer individuals the chance to purchase student property of a level ofquality not seen before at a competitive price. With the demand for high-end student accommodationconsiderably outweighing supply, this makes for an exciting property investment opportunity.Above: Images of Vita student’s flagship development in Liverpool, UK.Luxury 1 bedroom studioswith 9% Net minimum rentalreturn assured for 2 years.From £77,95002
4. 04 051 23 45Introducing Vita Student at First Street.A new £25m development in the heartof Manchester city centre.Current & futureVita Student locations1. The Chapel, Liverpool city centre Sold out2. Tinlings, Liverpool city centre Sold out3. Crosshall, Liverpool city centre 90% sold out4. First Street, Manchester city centre Ready 20145. Birmingham city centre TBA6. Bristol city centre TBA7. London city centre TBAWhyVita Student continued.VVita Student locationsIIn order to select the best locations for its projects, Vita Student pinpointsuuniversity cities where there is an identified demand for high end studentpproperty to ensure high occupancy rates and maximised investor returns.FFollowing the success of Vita Student’s £27 million flagship developmentiin Liverpool, the first two phases of which complete in September 2013,llocations for future projects include Birmingham, London and Bristol.WWith more students than anywhere in the UK, home to the largestiinternational student population in Europe, and a prestigious‘Russell Group’sell Guuniversity city, Vita Student is excited to reveal Manchester as the locatione loffor its first launch in 2013.67
5. Bringing to life the brand’s vision in one of the UK’s topuniversity cities, Vita Student at First Street is Manchester’sfirst and only luxury student development.Upon its completion in 2014, Vita Student at First Street is set to rival not only thebest student property in Manchester, but in the whole of the UK.For the investor, Vita Student at First Street represents an attractive proposition;the highest quality student development in an unparalleled location in the city withthe largest student population in the UK.The first new build project in the brand’s portfolio, First Street has enabled VitaStudent the freedom and imagination to create student accommodation tailoredspecifically to meet the high demands of its tenants.No aspect of the development has been overlooked to ensure that Vita Student atFirst Street achieves and retains its status as Manchester’s most desirable studentresidence.Vita StudentFirst Street, Manchester0706Visually striking, the building’s unique façade immediatelysets it apart from its surroundings, establishing the buildingas a landmark within the Manchester cityscape.Its innovative design serves a functional purpose, a mixtureof glazed and solid panels combine to allow natural light to fillthe residences within yet offer privacy to their occupants.Luxury 1 bedroom studioswith 9% minimum Net rentalreturn assured for 2 years.From £77,950
6. 0908Beyond the doors of its magnificent exterior,Vita Student at First Street is home to 279individual luxury studios each offering thehighest standard of student living.
7. Designed with the student always in mind, whilemaintaining the style and finish of a luxury hotel, thestudios of Vita Student at First Street are a world apartfrom standard student rooms.Generous in size, each studio is completely self-contained, with itsown quality fitted kitchen and designer en-suite shower roomoffering its resident much sought-after privacy and their ownsanctuary within a city centre development.With no compromise on the quality of materials used,contemporary and stylish interiors combine with meticulousattention to detail and sophisticated finishing touches to offer allthe luxury and comfort expected from a premier development.Vita StudentVita Student livingat First Street1110Luxury 1 bedroom studioswith 9% minimum Net rentalreturn assured for 2 years.From £77,950
8. 11Vita Living continued.Standard specificationEach self-contained studio is fully furnished and completedto the highest specification, comprising:Kitchen featuring lacquered cabinetry, Corianworktop, sink and fully integrated appliances includingmicrowave, electric hob and fridge.En-suite shower room with boutique styling includingporcelain tiles and designer ﬁttings.High quality durable furniture including bed, workstation,wardrobe units, bookcase, dining table and chairs.Free high-speed broadband.Wall hung ﬂat screen LCD TV with built-in Freeview.Secure entrance doors.Finishing touches including lacquered cabinetry and furniture, Coriansurfacing and porcelain tiling set the first street studios a world apartfrom standard student rooms.1312WINDOWBEDROOMENTRANCESHOWERROOMWARDROBES/STORAGECOOKINGHOBFLATSCREENTVMICROWAVEOVENSTUDYDESKKITCHEN/DINERBOOKCASETypical Studio FloorplanVita Student at First Street typical floors 1-10
9. Expanding over theground floor is thebuilding’s state of theart communal areadesigned to play hostto the vibrant VitaStudent community.14 15
10. Offering complete security, upon entry to the building residentsand visitors are welcomed in to a modern reception with 24-hoursupervision. Beyond reception are three main communal zonesequipped with cutting-edge facilities and designed to provide afocal point for residents outside their studios to meet and relax oran alternative place to study.A hotel-style lobby lounge equipped withLCD TVs where residents can meet andrelax or browse the internet at designatedstations on free-to-use Apple Macs.An area designated for study housinga mixture of individual workstations andgroup study booths to encouragecollaborative learning.Upstairs to a raised mezzanine, residentswill find a games area with pool tablesand video game stations alongside thebuilding’s very own gym, fully-equippedwith state-of- the-art equipment.Laundry facilities are also housed on thislevel.Vita StudentVita community at First Street1716Ground & MezzanineHUBSTUDYNEST
11. Spaces to inspire and engageCommunal facilities in summaryVita Student residents will have access to a full suite of cuttingedge facilities and services including:24-hour securityHotel style lobby with 24-hour receptionInternet stations with free-to-use Apple MacsSpacious lounge area with LCD TVsIndividual study areasShared working boothsFully-equipped state-of-the-art gymnasiumPool table areaVideo game stationsLaundry room1918
12. @Vita Student occupies a prime position@within First Street, a £750m regeneration@projec@20 21
13. Vita Student is strategically positioned within First Street North; 500,000sq ft of high-quality leisure, hotel and retail space all clustered arounda state-of-the-art culture building and overlooking a fantastic new publicrealm that will stage outdoor theatre and music events. Set to becomea cultural and social hub, First Street North will offer its residents a truesense of community - something particularly important for overseasstudents as they settle in to the UK.With the world class cultural and social amenities of First Street North onits doorstep, Vita Student offers its residents something no other locationcan. What’s more, First Street occupies one of the city’s key gateways,providing students with easy access to everything the city centre has tooffer and within walking distance of the universities’main campuses.Home to an exciting mix of culture, leisure, retail, office andresidential spaces, First Street Manchester is destined to becomethe city’s most vibrant new neighbourhood and the numberone location for student living.First Street is set to become Manchester’s most vibrant newneighbourhood, with a compelling blend of culture, leisure,retail and living space, all in a perfectly-located destination,rich in major amenity with excellent connectivity.A rich mix of bars, restaurants and retail outlets will combine to createa distinctive sense of place and vibrancy morning until night, seven days a week.Vita StudentA first class location22 23MeliaHotelCulturecentre
14. 1234579NO. 1 FIRST1371481151211106Aerial photograph of Manchestershowing the location of Vita Student.81. Vita Student at First Street, Manchester2. Number 1 First Street3. Home Cultural Centre4. Melia Innside Hotel5. Greater Manchester Exhibition Centre (GMEX)6. City centre retail and business7. Manchester Metropolitan University8. Mancunian Way road network9. First Street South10. Residential / Liesure / Retail11. Residential / Offices12. Medlock Street13. Manchester Student Village14. Oxford Road Train Station15. Oxford RoadA first class location continued.24 25
15. First Street has been identified by Vita Student as a prime investment location with thefollowing factors ensuring and maintaining high student occupancy and investor returns.Close to universities: First Street is located just 450 m from the Oxford Roadcorridor with access to the University of Manchester and just 300m fromManchester Metropolitan University.Excellent connectivity: A free city centre shuttle bus service stop, a Metrolinktram station opposite the main entrance, an exceptional road network, and twomainline rail stations in close proximity all combine to provide easy access to therest of the city, the UK and beyond.World class amenities: As well as high-quality hotels, retail and leisure outlets, FirstStreet will offer cultural attractions such as HOME - the centrepiece of First Street Northand a brand new £25 million production centre for international contemporary art,theatre and film, with a 500 seat theatre, gallery and cinema screens.Strong community offering: A unique combination of city centre living withcultural and social amenities will create a strong sense of community; soughtafter by overseas students.SPINNINGFIELDSWHITWORTH STREETLOWERMOSLEYSTREETMOSLEYSTREETWHITWORTHSTREETPORTLANDSTREETCHAPEL STREETTRINITYWAYCHAPEL STREET GREATANCOATSSTREETMILLERSTREETOLDHAMROADIRWELLSTREETQUAY STREETNEW BAILEY STREETBLACKFRIARSROADLIVERPOOL ROADPETER STREETMARKETSTREETCROSSSTREETHIGHSTREETDALESTREETPICCADILYLONDONROADDOWNINGOXFORDSTREETPRINCESSSTREETOXFORDROADHEDLOCKSTREETOXFORDROADUPPERBROOKSTREETDEANSGATEMANCUNIANWAYARNDALECENTRECHESTERROADSTREETSalfordCentralVictoriaStationPiccadillyStationMaterialScience CentreStudentsUnionNationalComputingCentreGreat NorthernGMEXPiccadillyGardensSt. AnnSquareMMMMMMMPRINCESSSTREETCORPORATIONSTREETMMFAIRFIELD STREETManchester City Football Club/ Ethiad Stadium 2kmManchester United Football ClubOldTrafford / Salford University 2kmBBC Media CityVita StudentInvestor information26 27Maths & Social Sciences BuildingFerranti BuildingFaraday BuildingBarnesWallisBuilding/ Students’UnionUniversity of ManchesterRoyal NorthernCollege of MusicManchesterMetropolitan Universityand Campus
16. A historic university cityManchester is home to two of the five largest universities in Britain -The University of Manchester and Manchester MetropolitanUniversity (MMU).The University of Manchester is a member of the prestigious RussellGroup - a list of the UK’s top 24 universities - and an accolade thatattracts thousands of students from all over the world.Placed 38th in the Academic Ranking of World Universities andnumber six in Europe, The University of Manchester aims to becomeone of the world’s best 25 universities by 2020. It currently has39,000 students who come from more than 180 countries and thisnumber only looks set to increase.MMU is also a highly popular institute with more than 37,000undergraduates and postgraduates. Receiving over 56,000applications in 2011/12, MMU is one of the most applied-foreducation establishments in the UK, clearly demonstrating thedesire for people to live and study in Manchester.Vita Student is a natural fit for Manchester, as its 100,000 students meanthis is the perfect location for investors to capitalise on a continually thrivingdemand for high-quality student accommodation.Vita StudentManchester28 29ManchesterTownhallManchesterMetropolitanUniversityWith more than 100,000 students, Manchester hasthe greatest student population in the UK and thehighest number of international students in Europe,with over 10,000 foreign students living in the city.At The University of Manchester, one in fourstudents are from abroad, and ManchesterMetropolitan University has more than 2,800studens from 109 countries.Despite such a high number of international students livingin Manchester, there is currently no high-quality studentaccommodation in the city centre built specifically with theirneeds in mind.By delivering Manchester’s first luxury student residence, VitaStudent will fill this gap and create a fantastic opportunity forinvestors to take advantage of the high demand for its properties.
17. Despite more than 100,000students, Manchester has just30,000 student beds.Manchester FactfileVita Student Manchester continued.30 31TheUniversityofManchesterMMUCampusVita Student at First Street - Ideal for investorsOne of the most compelling reasons to invest in student property inManchester is the huge shortage of suitable accommodation in the city.Manchester has the biggest undersupply of student property in Europe,with 70% of students unable to access purpose-built student housing.Knight Frank’s Student Property 2012 report suggested there would bea move towards high-quality accommodation for university attendeesas a result of the increase in UK tuition fees, which has made students“highly sophisticated consumers”.However, traditional student accommodation options in the city areprivately-owned shared houses in suburbssuch as Fallowfield,Rusholme and Moss Side and there is a lack of accommodationavailable for those looking for high-quality hotel-standard apartments.Vita Student at First Street will meet the demands of this group ofstudents who want access to high-quality apartments and top facilities.The No.1 city for Chinese studentsThe UK is becoming increasingly popular among Chinese studentsas a destination of study. Students from China make up over a third ofall international students in the country, with a 17% rise in the last yearalone.Manchester is home to the highest population of Chinese students inthe UK, totaling over 3,000; 1,000 more than other university city.Home to Premiership football teams Manchester United andManchester City Football ClubThe first industrial city in the UK and still one of Britain’s most important cities inthe UK with regards to its economy, business, investment and cultural significanceThe University of Manchester is 180 years old, while MMU has a 150-year history,and both are among the most popular universities in the UKManchester Airport has been named as the Best UK Airport in 2012 at the TravelWeekly Globe Awards and more than six million passengers use it every yearManchester was ranked in the top ten cities in Europe for its transport connections(Cushman & Wakefield European Cities Monitor 2011) due to its airport, Metrolink,motorway links, trains and buses.BeethamTowerLuxury 1 bedroom studioswith 9% Net minimum rentalreturn assured for 2 years.From £77,950
18. HuntsmereDesign & DevelopmentMulti award-winning, Huntsmere is one of the UK’s leading luxuryresidential developers with a track record for creating some of thefinest properties in the most sought-after locations in the UK.Over the past few years Huntsmere has become the byword inluxury property development. From the construction of bespokeresidences in green belt and conservation areas to therefurbishment of listed buildings and city centre structures,Huntsmere create intelligent and original living spaces witha relentless focus on the finished detail.Select Property Group LimitedMaster Sales & Marketing PartnerEstablished in 2004, Select Property is one of the UK’s largestsellers of investment property having sold over £1.4 billion worthof property in locations worldwide.Vita Student uses Select Property’s intuitive knowledge of themarketplace and property investors’demands to shape and createVita Student’s attractive investment opportunities and its expertiseand far reach to present them to the individual investor.Carillion PlcConstruction CompanyCarillion is one of the UKs leading construction companieswith a history spanning almost two centuries.Demonstrating its extensive expertise in construction and civilengineering, Carillion has worked on everything from hospitalsto hotels, and from airports to industrial projects. As well as theconstruction contractors for Vita Student, Carillion is alsoresponsible for delivering several of First Street’s other majorprojects, following their successful completion of thedevelopment’s landmark building, Number One First Street,in 2010.Ask DevelopmentsProject ManagementFormed in 2000, Manchester-based Ask Developments has builtan impressive reputation for spear-heading some of the region’smost prolific regeneration projects. With its mission ’to createplaces where people want to be, Ask specialises in multi-partnerdevelopments involving highly creative and bold concepts.Having assembled an exciting commercially led portfolio ofmixed-use schemes which includes the award-winning DeansgateLocks in Manchester, Ask is currently masterminding the entireFirst Street development.CRM StudentsManagement Company and Rental ProviderCRM Students is the UKs leading independent studentaccommodation manager with over six years’experience inoperating purpose-built student property developments.Possessing expertise in both property management and studentcare, CRM Students operate a range of sites across the UK withthousands of units under its control. Bringing experience and trustto the market, CRM Students has forged strong relationships withuniversities, and has become a preferred supplier for qualitystudent accommodation, and the preferred partner of VitaStudent.Chafes Solicitors LPPBuyer‘s SolicitorVita Student has selected Chafes, a leading UK law firm, and itsexperienced property team to offer purchasers their conveyancingservices. Established in 1889, Chafes successfully mix traditionalvalues with progressive thinking to provide their clients with highquality legal services and the best advice. Vita Student has workedwith Chafes to create a tailor-made package for the purchase of itsproperties designed to minimise costs and ensure the legalprocess of purchasing a Vita Student property runs seamlessly.Huntsmere create intelligent and original living spaces witha relentless focus on the finished detail.Select Property Group LimitedMaster Sales & Marketing PartnerEstablished in 2004, Select Property is one of the UK’s largestsess llers of investment property having sold over £1.4 billion worthooofooooo pproperty in locations worldwide.ViViViVitat SSStudent uses Select Property’s intuitive knowledge offf themam rketetplaccace anana d prpp operty invvveseeee tors’demandnnn s to shaape andn createeViVita Studeedent’ss attraactive investtmment opportut nities andn its eexpere tiseannd far rereach to prresent them tot the individdual investtor.Carillion PllcccConsstruction CCommpapp nyyyCarillion is onen of thththe UKUUUU sssssss leaeadiiiingngnggnggggg conononononoonnono stttrurururururrr ctctctctctctctcc iiion compmppmppmppm aananaaannieeswiw th a historyy spannninininnggggg alalalalaa momomomm ststtsttttt tttttttttwowowowooowoo cccccceneeneenenene tuttttt riririririririesesesesesesese ..Demonstratinng itssss exe teeetensnnnsnsn ivive exexexeexpepepepepeepeepeep rtrrrtr iseeeee in ccccccconononnoonoonstructctctioioioiooonnnnnnnn aaana dd ciicivviv leneneee gigineering, CCCarararililillill on has worked on everyththththththththiiiini g from hhhhhhhhhososo pitataaalsstotottottoto hotttttteeels,s,s, and from airports to industriiialaaaa pppppprorrorrrrr jects. As welllllllllll aaaaas thtththhheecooooonsnnnn trrucctititt onoo contractorss ffor Vita Studenenenennnt,ttt,ttt Carillion is alsooooooresppppspoono sible for deliveringn several oooffffff FiFiFiFiFiFiF rrrst Street’s other mmmmmmaaajajorprojects, followwinini g their succcesesesssssssfsfsffsfsfs ul completion of thedevelooopmpmpmpmenene t’s lall ndmarkr buiuiuiiiiuildllldllll ing, Number One First StSSSSS reet,in 2010.Locks in Manchester, Ask is currently mFirst Street development.CRM StudentsManagement Company and Rental ProCRM Students is the UKs leading indeaccocommodation manageg r with over sopoo erating purpose-built student propPoPP ssessing expertise in both propertycac re, CRM Students operate aa range othtt ousands of units uunder its control. Btottt theh market, CRM Studentts has forgunu iversities, and hah s become a preferrstudene t accommodatttioion, and the preStuddddeent.Chaffffes Solicitiii ors LPPBuyer‘s SolicitorViV ta SSSStudent hass sele ected ChC afes, a leaexe peerienced proppppperty team to offer pses rvices. Established in 1889, Chafes svaluese with progreessive thinking to prquqq aliti y legal seervices and the best advwiithth Chafes to ccrerr ate aa tailor-made papropppeeerties desigii ned to minimise costsprp ocesss of purchasinnng a Vita Student pDirected by the management teams behind the multi-awardwinning home builder, Huntsmere, and Select Property, theinternational property investment specialist,Vita Student bringstogether experts from across the industry to design, develop,manage and promote the UK’s best student accommodationprojects.Vita StudentThe team behind Vita Student, Manchester32 33
19. How the scheme works for youVita Student at First Street is a fully managed 7 year investment scheme allowingowners to enjoy all the benefits of a secure UK property investment with none ofthe hassle associated with managing the property or finding tenants.Working closely with the management company CRM Students, Vita Student willtake care of the complete management of the properties; from generalmaintenance and dealing with service providers through to the securing ofstudent tenants.When it comes to running costs, Vita Student operates an open-book policy toshow how the net rental yield is arrived at. Rental return will be paid in termlyinstalments, with owners receiving their first payment in January 2015.With prices starting at £77,950, Vita Student at First Streetoffers buyers a fully managed investment in the UK’s beststudent accommodation with a minimum annual rentalreturn of 9% net for the first two years.Vita Student at First Street Payment Plan£5,000 Deposit25% Exchange of contracts25% December 2013Balance CompletionHow your yield is calculatedEstimate based on an a property price of £83,950Shared general costs* £1,353Ground Rent £350Service charge** £902Total Expenses £2,605Weekly Rent: £200Number of Weeks: 51Gross Annual Income: £10,200Net Annual Income: £7,595Net Yield: 9%Based on a purchase price of £83,950.A demonstration of the return on investment (ROI)in three market conditions over 7 years.Year 3% Capital Growth 6% Net rental return1 (9% assured rental) £83,950 £7,5562 (9% assured rental) £86,468 £7,5563 £89,063 £5,3444 £91,734 £5,5045 £94,486 £5,6696 £97,321 £5,8397 £100,241 £6,014Total returns £16,291 £43,482Cumulative ROI 71%Year 4% Capital Growth 9% Net rental return1 (9% assured rental) £83,950 £7,5562 (9% assured rental) £87,308 £7,5563 £90,800 £8,1724 £94,432 £8,4995 £98,210 £8,8396 £102,138 £9,1927 £106,224 £9,560Total returns £22,274 £59,373Cumulative ROI 97%Year 5% Capital Growth 12% Net rental return1 (9% assured rental) £83,950 £7,5562 (9% assured rental) £88,148 £7,5563 £92,555 £11,1074 £97,183 £11,6625 £102,042 £12,2456 £107,144 £12,8577 £112,501 £13,500Total returns £28,551 £76,482Cumulative ROI 125%Vita StudentThe investment34 35Investment timetableNOWReservation completed and £5000reservation deposit paid.Solicitors instructed and contracts issued.Exchange of contracts.First instalment of 25% dueMAY 2013Construction of Vita Student First Streetcommences.NOVEMBER 2013CRM Students commence marketingcampaign to secure tenants forSeptember 2014/15.DECEMBER 2013Second instalment of 25% due.AUGUST 2014Completion of Vita Student at First Street.Lease granted.7-year scheme commences.SEPTEMBER 2014Academic year begins and tenants move in.JANUARY 2015First instalment of assured rentalreturn is paid.ConservativePredictedBuoyant*General Costs include all staff, maintenance and operational running costs, aswell as the management companys fee, deducted from pooled rental income.**Service Charge is the individual contribution towards managing the estateand keeping the building structure and common amenities in a good state ofrepair, paid annually by all owners under their lease.Providing buyers with full security, all payments are made via a UK solicitor.
20. Please note that the information that wedistribute is produced with great care andbelieved to be correct at the time of printingto the best of our knowledge. Pictures,layouts and other details in this brochure aregiven as a general guide and may changefrom time to time in accordance with the ﬁnaldesigns of the development and appropriateplanning permissions. We endeavour toensure that any market forecasts we provideare accurate and well researched at alltimes, however we cannot ultimately warrantthe accuracy of that information and cannotbe held liable for any reliance you may makeof or put on it except as speciﬁcally agreedwith us in any further agreement we maymake with you in writing.Per info:GLOBINVEST IMMOBILIAREMail. email@example.comTel. +39 334 9327318