BUSINESSREINVENT THE WAY YOU CONNECT TO
PEOPLE AND MARKET YOUR PRODUCTS.
2. “MARKETING IS NO LONGER ABOUT THE
STUFF THAT YOU MAKE, BUT ABOUT THE
STORIES YOU TELL.” – SETH GODIN
With the millions of new blog posts, videos and news
stories posted everyday it can be challenging to rise
above all the noise and get your business noticed.
Instead of selling your product or services based on
its features focus on telling a compelling story. A
good story captures peoples attention and helps
cultivate the development of brand champions.
These brand champions will grow your brand and
drive new customers to your business by sharing
your story with their friends via social media.
3. You must create content that begs to be shared,
that educates and inspires. In other words, you
must offer content that is not promotional in
nature, but instead is relevant to your prospective
buyers, helping them see how they can overcome
their challenges or achieve their aspirations. This
content can take the form of articles, webinars,
white papers, eBooks, slide presentations, videos
and more, and can be shared via blogs, third-party
sites, and social media where your prospects
4. MARKET YOUR BRAND USING THE FOUR MAJOR
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: FACEBOOK,
TWITTER, PINTEREST, AND GOOGLE PLUS.
• Google Plus
5. Twitter = Perceptions. Twitter is for real- time perceptions
Facebook = People. Facebook is the way to learn what’s
going on in the lives of people your already know.
Pinterest = Pictures. Pinterest is an online is online bulletin
board where people post pictures of what they consider
beautiful, cool and neat.
Google+ = Passion Google + enables you to pursue your
passions with people you don’t know.
6. TWITTER FOR BUSINESS
7. HERE IS WHAT YOU LEARN:
1. Twitter Interface and how optimize your twitter profile for
2. How to create business benefits using Twitter
3. How to do search on twitter and determent if Twitter is right
for your business
4. Learn to speak a Twitter language
5. Ways to Attract Targeted Followers
6. How to create your own tribe
7. Sample Social Media Tactical Plan
8. PART 1
Twitter Interface and how optimize your
twitter profile for maximum exposure.
9. FIVE SET – UP BASICS
1. Always include a personal photo. No picture = no followers.
2. Include a link to your web site
3. Create a bio with your business interest that will help people
find you in searches. Add some personality! Think about the
keywords people would use to find you and your business.
4. Choose a short, easy to remember user name
5. Even if nobody is following you yet, add a few tweets.
6. A Beginner’s Twitter Regimen
10. TWITTER INTERFACE
1. Home. (Newsfeed)
2. @Connect (Your interactions and mentions)
3. #Discover (Activity, Who to follow, Find friends, Browse
4. Me. (Tweets, Following, Followers, Favorites, Lists)
5. Who to follow recommendations
6. Trends (pay promoted)
7. Design under the settings. You can choose existing
images or uploaded your custom design images
11. Ezlearning Academy
12. Ezlearning Academy
13. Ezlearning Academy
14. EXP. OF CLEVER AND AMUSING TWITTER BIOS
15. EXP. OF CLEVER AND AMUSING TWITTER BIOS
I’ve learned I don’t know anything. Have also learned that people will pay for
what I know. Life is good.
Living one day at a time, with a fresh baked cookie. Okay. And with a coffee.
And maybe some chocolate. But I promise to take my vitamins.
Coffee-Drinker, eReader Addict, Mom, Blogger. I’m very busy and important.
90% of your problems can be solved by marketing. Solving the other 10%
just requires good procrastination skills.
16. Ezlearning Academy
17. MOST CREATIVE BACKGROUND DESIGN IDEAS
18. PART 2 WHAT IS BUSINESS
BENEFITS USING TWITTER?
Business benefits are created through three elements:
1. Targeting Connection
2. Meaningful Content
3. Authentic Helpfulness
19. 1. Surround yourself with people who might be interested in
what you have to say
• Remember, Social media is SOCIAl
• There is a high value for authenticity and being human on
• Blogs and Twitter fit like a hand in a glove.
• Links, podcasts, videos, eBooks
20. PART 3
How to do search on twitter and determent if
Twitter is right for your business
21. DOES TWITTER MAKE SENSE FOR YOUR
• Search.twitter.com https://twitter.com/search
• Are your customers there?
• Is your target market there?
• Are your competitors there?
• Are industry influences there?
22. TWITTER SEARCH
So for example, if you just type in a
bunch of words, it will find Tweets that
contain both of them. If you enclose
them in quotes, it will look for that
exact phrase. It can also do things like
from a certain person to a certain
person, anybody who references this
Twitter account. You could do near.
This is excellent if you want to find out
if anybody near you is tweeting about
things about your business; you can
do the search.
23. REASONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO BE ON
• Build brand awareness
• Find leads
• Support customers
• Develop professional relationship
• Announce new product
• Expand your site reach
• Create ad-hoc focus groups
• Gain competitive intelligence
• Learn news first
• Recruit staff and freelancers
• Position yourself as an influencer
• Promote short-term campaigns
24. REASONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO BE ON TWITTER(CONTINUE)
• Twitter is a source of hugely valuable information for business. Use Twitter as
• Customer service.
• Twitter can be an incredibly powerful way to conduct business intelligence:
• Follow you competitor’s Twitter stream.
• Monitor their replies (save a search on Twitter)
• Analyze their followers.
• Watch for their customer interactions and announcements.
• Monitor their score on Klout.com as a measure of their social media
• Discover consumer problems, product issues, or potentially damaging PR disasters
by picking up conversations about your company and responding quickly. Monitoring
• Break through communication barriers with tweets. Try tweets or direct mails.
• Run Special deals and promotions on Twitter that you can use to drive traffic or move
slow-moving stock. It will work if you done a good job to surrounding yourself with
• Twitter is an exceptional way to build your personal brand.
• Find new business contacts and sales leads through directories such as Twellow
and advance Twitter Search.
• Twitter can help your visibility on a search engines such as Google.
• Use your tweets as real-time testimonies .Exp. A Coffee shop featured happy
customer tweets on a flat-screen display in their shop.
25. REASONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO BE ON
• Public validation. As people send compliments and nice tweets about you,
save them in your “favorite” Twitter function.
• The PR opportunities are significant. Media are very active on Twitter.
• Twitter is a great way to keep up on the latest news and trends.
• Use Twitter Chats
• Twitter is an excellent way to establish thought leadership for your brand
in your community. The aim is to establish a leadership position in a
particular tops, as well as passing on opinions or statements on curated
• Through Twitter, offer helpful links and headlines that can drive traffic to
• Build loyalty.
• And one last business idea – something NOT to do. Do NOT put a Twitter
feed on your website. It can backfire on you.(it is show only one side of a two-
sided conversation. Meanwhile, this widget is taking up valuable real estate.
26. PART 3
Learn to speak a Twitter language
27. THE LANGUAGE OF TWITTER.
@reply – The @ sign is used to indicate that your are replying to
a specific username. Exp. If your friend Natasha Smith tweets a
question asking about the best place to get Chinese food your
reply with @NatashaSmith.
Avatar – The personal image uploaded to your Twitter account
Blocking – Blocking particular Twitter user from following you.
Block and Report - You can block somebody and, also report
him to the service.
Direct Messages or DM – Twitter equivalent to email. You only
Send direct messages to someone you follow and who is
Feed – Your posts on Twitter are commonly referred to as your
“Twitter feed” or “timeline”
28. THE LANGUAGE OF TWITTER. (CONTINUE)
Fail Whale – When Twitter is over capacity and unavailable, a
cartoon of a whale will appear.
Favorites – Symbolized by the star. If you click the star so
that it turns yellow, you will save your tweets under
“favorites” on your home page.
Follow – To follow someone on Twitter means to subscribe to
her tweets or updates on the site. You can also “ unfollow”
Follow Friday or #FF – It is a tradition to recommend your
favorite followers every Friday. This is a way of thanking
people who did something special to help. A typical format
might be: #FF@user1@user2 for their great content this
29. THE LANGUAGE OF TWITTER. (CONTINUE)
Hashtags – are optional, but useful for denoting groups of
tweets to follow.
There are four primary uses for the hashtag groupings:
1. Discussions. Some people will designate a hashtag to group
all messages from an extended conversation.
Exp. Try doing search for #blogchat or #journchat. You will
find all comments on a certain topic.
2. Topical groupings. If you have a comment you want to show
up in a Twitter search designate it with a hashtag. Exp.
“social media” Therefore, anyone doing a search for this
topic on Twitter would find his tweet.
3. Trending topics. If you want your tweet to refer to a certain
news or community event, hashtags can be very useful.
4. Silliness. People use whimsical hashtags just for fun.
30. THE LANGUAGE OF TWITTER. (CONTINUE)
Mentions – Any time somebody uses the @symbol with your
Twitter name (also called handle), is will show up in your list of
“mentions”, which is displayed if you click on @Connect.
This function is extremely important to monitor every day, to see
who is mentioning you. Look for opportunities to engage.
Promoted Tweets – Twitter is finding innovative ways to
capitalize on its popularity and monetize its service without
impeding users. They are doing this is by allowing brands o
sponsor tweets and trending topics. This tweets marked as
Recent Images –This is an application on your Twitter profile
page that shows recent images you have somehow interacted
with – images shared through mobile uploads, images you have
Re-Tweeting or RT – meaning a re-sent message from someone
else’s Twitter post.
31. THE LANGUAGE OF TWITTER. (CONTINUE)
Search – This is located at the top of your Twitter home page.
Trends or Trending Topic – Located in the left hand column
of your Twitter home page, this list indicated the most
popular topics in real time. Often, the topic at the top of the
list is sponsored.
Tweeps or Tweeples – This refers to a cluster of friends on
Twitter. It is frequently used to address all of your followers
at once. Exp. “Morning, Tweeples”
Tweet-up – Twitter folks are very loyal to each other, and they
love to meet in real life (IRL) at social gatherings called Twet-
ups. Tweet-ups may be formally scheduled or happen on the
spur of the moment.
32. WHEN A HASHTAG BECOMES A BASHTAG
McDonald’s launched a Twitter campaign using the
hashtag #McDStories; it was hoping that the hashtag would inspire
heart-warming stories about Happy Meals. Instead, it attracted
snarky tweeps and McDonald’s detractors who turned it into
a #bashtag to share their#McDHorrorStories.
– Dude, I used to work at McDonald’s. The #McDStories I could tell
would raise your hair. (via Twitter)
– One time I walked into McDonalds and I could smell Type 2
diabetes floating in the air and I threw up. #McDStories (via Twitter)
The Los Angeles Times reports that they pulled the campaign within
two hours. But they discovered that crowd-sourced campaigns are
hard to control (or stop). The #McDStories hashtag is still gathering
33. PART 4
Ways to Attract Targeted Followers
34. 17 WAYS TO ATTRACT TARGETED FOLLOWERS
1. Start following people you already know by looking for them on Twitter.
2. Once you on Twitter for sometime you’ll see that on public “list”. These are
generally categorized by a special interest or geographical location.
3. Look for lists that follow your key stakeholders. . If you find a competitor who
keeps lists, check it out.
4. To take your investigation to the next level, visit www.Listorious.com, which is a
list of Twitter lists. Or check www.twellow.com . This is like a yellow pages for
5. Do a Twitter Search by your business interests. Exp. #architecture …
6. Connect with contacts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +.
7. Twitter applications, like Tweetie and Local Chirps, let you search for posts and
tweeters near you by zip code.
8. http://wefollow.com/ the user-generated directory has lists of people who
associate themselves with particular keywords and interests.
9. Attend Twitter chats based on your industry or interests and follow them.
10. FilterTweeps allows you to search Twitter bios through various combination of
words, locations and even number of follows.
35. 17 WAYS TO ATTRACT TARGETED
12. Link to your Twitter profile from your other social profiles
across the web.
13. Include your Twitter handle in your e-mail signature.
14. Tweet consistently.
15. Traackr is a tool that allows your to find and follow people
who are influential in you industry.
16. Watch whom your followers are recommending and tweeting.
17. Use advance search.
36. A BEGINNER’S TWITTER REGIMEN.
• Try tweeting three times a day at different times of the day, to
start, tweet about some interesting non-work-related content.
• Check and respond to tweets that mentions you and Direct
Messages every time you log on.
• Spend some time reading tweets from the people you follow.
• Re-tweet somebody at least once a day and preferably more.
Select a very interesting post from somebody, and pass it
along to others.
• Remember to use this format: RT @follower name If It’s
Friday, tweet a Follow Friday message for your favorite
friends. It might go like this: #FF to these awesome folks:
37. WHEN TO TWEET
• Tweet at peak times, during the day thoughtout the work
week. You message will be more effective if you leave time
between your tweets – at least 30 min or one hour.
• Tweet Regularly. Tweet often, but only if you have
something value to say.
• Scheduling Tweets.
• Get shortener. Most URL is too long. Bit.ly
38. WHAT TO TWEET.
• Linking to your blog and other blogs is an obvious source
of rich and relevant content.
• Link to comments your create on LinkedIn, Facebook, and
• Tweet out an opinion about a special event.
• Leverage your other online content. Share updates and
new posts that you have written.
• Share something human.
39. MIGHTY MIGHTY RE-TWEET
• Sharing another’s tweet is a form of a compliment.
• It puts you on the radar screen of the person you tweeted.
• Put RT @techclasses before the your content.
• To make tweets more shareable, keep them as short as
possible. Every time somebody RT you, his name added
to the tweet. It will reflect 140-characters limits.
40. BE HELPFUL.
When somebody does something great- try to make effort to
compliment them publicly on twitter. Tweet something like
“@mbaker helped me with problem today.
• If people asking questions. Answer them or refer them
somebody who can help them.
• Build your own tribe. Reach out to the real people of Twitter, not
just influential people.
• Read people’s profiles. Visit their web sites and blogs. You can
always find something in common with them.
• Nothing says I love you like a re-tweet now and then.
• Check your @ mentions frequently. Try to respond to them.
• Take extended or private conversations to Direct Message
• Use every opportunity to extend the conversation by taking it
41. MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR TWEETS.
1. Tweet Quality Versus Tweet Quantity.
2. The First Words Are Critical.
3. The Optimal Time Between Tweets. (31-60 min or 2-3
42. LISTS – THE KEY TO TWITTER ORGANIZATION
1. Organize your own list and if you see Lists from others
that you like, you can “follow” an entire List.
2. Share Your Lists on Other Platforms.
3. Include Yourself in Your Lists.
4. Name Your Lists Well
5. Create Lists Helpful to Your Target Audience. Think of
Lists as a marketing tool. Ask your self these questions.
43. USE LISTS TO CREATE MINI COMMUNITIES.
Why not build a community that also aligns with your
Exp. You have product for babies. Create a list for expected
parents on Twitter. Spread your invitation far and wide on
Twitter, your site, Facebook and so on.
Keep spreading the word until you hit 500 List-members limit.
44. MORE SEARCH TIPS.
1. Keep your search as simple as possible.
2. There is often more than one variation of popular
hashtags.(for exp. #FollowFriday and #ff mean the same
3. Sometimes a search won’t show you older tweets,
consider doing one or more searches using the before:
and since: date operators.
45. PART 5
How to create your own tribe
46. TWITTER CHATS.
A group of people with a common interest gather together on
Twitter at a designated time to share ideas and discussion.
The discussion is united by a “hashtag”, so that all can follow
Exp. #CMChat gathers people who are in the country music
business. #CookingChat brings together cooking enthusiasts.
Benefits of chats:
1. Learn and exchange ideas
2. Meet interesting new contacts
3. Gain awareness for your own brand and ideas.
4. Create connections and content that can enhance your
5. Establish a voice of authority
6. Chats have become so popular, some companies are paying
advertising fees to sponsor them. You can make money
from a Twitter chat.
47. GET STARTED WITH CHAT
Search “Twitter chat schedule”.
Pick up your chat.
Follow people who run these chats.
Search for the designated hashtag in Twitter.
Use free service like TweetChat or Twitterfall.
Creating Your Own Chat.
• Secure a descriptive hashtag.
• On www.twubs.com you can see if your hashtag has already been taken.
• Find the date. Every Monday?
• Create a home base for your community on Facebook, a LinkedIn or a blog, where you
can make announcements and post completed conversations.
• Planning the Content.
• Post-Chat and Promotion. There are several free platforms to do this.
RowFeeder, Chirpstory, Storify.
• Publish on Facebook
• Email a transcript to your community
• During the chat, everyone participating will be tweeting with hashtag in the tweet.
48. SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICAL PLAN
Social Networks – X hours daily/weekly/monthly
Short terms objectives
1. Promote content through Twitter
2. Segment influencers and create lists
3. Utilize promoted Tweets
4. Communicate support issues from Social Media to support team, ensure follow-up
5. Listen to relevant conversations
6. Build reputation
4. Retweets Reach
5. Replies Reach
6. Number of lists
7. Social Capital-influence of Twitter followers
8. Number of potential prospects sent to sales
49. GOOGLE + FOR BUSINESS
50. HERE IS WHAT YOU LEARN:
1. Why Google+ for Business
2. Creating and Optimizing Google+ Account
3. How to generate Leads on Google+
4. Elements of Google + Style
5. Sample Social Media Tactical Plan
51. PART 1
Why Google+ for Business
52. WHY GOOGLE PLUS FOR BUSINESS?
1. SEO. Google+ Business pages could get picked up on the search engine
results pages for more visibility.
2. Google+ for Business gives you the power of connecting online with
members of your circles in a more authentic conversational.
• People can comment on things you post, converse with each other, read,
share posts, videos, and photos, even share ads.
• You can join community or create your own community.
• Hangouts where you can video chat with up to 9 people at a time for face-to-
3. Google+ Local. This is an incredibly valuable marketing asset for locally-
5. Compare to Facebook, 100% of your followers on Google + can see your
53. PART 2
Creating and Optimizing Google+ Account
54. CREATING A GOOGLE +BUSINESS PAGE
• Sign up (http://www.google.com/+/business/)
• Create the page
• Customize the page
• Use the +1 button
• You need to create your profile on Google + first.
• How to open Google + account.
55. START CIRCLING PEOPLE
1. Check the person profile. Is it a professional looking
2. How many people have circled the person?
3. When the last time person shared the post.
4. Are person’s post +1ed, shared my many peoples
5. An easy way to check out a person is to use Chrome,
Google’s browser and install a Chrome browser
extension called “CircleCount”
6. Search for People.
a. Click on “Find People”
b. Click on “ Categories”
56. HOW TO NAVIGATE GOOGLE +
Home – is your “newsfeed”
Profile – When you want to see what you’ve posted.
Explore – If you want to find out “what is new and
Hangouts – Enables you to have video chat session with up
to 10 people.
Photos – Takes you to photo collections.
Circles – You create circles in order to organize and filter who
you interact with.
More – Enables you to add navigation buttons such as
Games and Pages.
57. “WHAT’S HOT” AND HASHTAGS
“What is Hot”. You get to it by clicking on ”Explore” in he left
Hashtags. People informally agree on the word so that the
community can find post about a subject. Exp. #Social Media
58. OPTIMIZATION OF GOOGLE+ PAGE
• Feature compelling Cover & profile images
• Add a concise and informative introduction
• Ensure that your About section includes links
• Add product photos and videos
1. In order to narrow results on the Google + search area, you can enter keywords that
describe your interest and passions. Exp. “knitting”
2. Shared-circle search. This will display all the circles that people have recently shared.
Type “shared a circle with you” including quotation marks. To find a smaller number of
shared circles type in “shared a circle with you”.
3. Ranking sites. http://www.circlecount.com/profileslist/
4. Create a vanity URL go to http://gplusid.com/index.php
5. Dimensions of your cover photo is 2120 x 1192 pixels and profile photo is 250 x 250
6. You can schedule your posts by using Chrome extension Do Share
7. Call-for-Action. When you post an update, event, image or link on Google+, be clear
about what you want your users to do with it. Give them direct instructions, such as “read
our new blog post,” “download our guide,” or “join our event this summer.” This is true for
creating effective calls-to-action across various channels
60. PART 3
How to generate Leads on Google+
61. LEAD GENERATION ON GOOGLE+
• Content Updates
• Images & Video
• Google Circles
• embedding the +1 button
• google+ events & hangouts
62. “THE MOST ORGANIC WAY OF USING GOOGLE+ TO
GENERATE LEADS IS THROUGH POSTING COMPELLING
CONTENT UPDATES WITH LINKS.”
You need to have produced marketing content that will interest people
and capture their attention.
• blog posts
• ebooks & whitepapers
63. THE ALL-IMPORTANT +MENTION
If you don’t do a +mention, then it’s less likely that the
person you mentioned or replied to will know about your
Type “+”and then start typing the person’s name. Or install a
Chrome browser extension called “Replies and More for
Google +”.This extension makes it possible to “reply” to the
author and commenters by adding a link to click on.
64. TIMING & FREQUENCY OF POSTING
Post 3-4 times a day.
Create a posting schedule, and post at least once a day. The best times
to post are from 10 am - 1 pm. Remember to +mention others who you
may add to your post, so they feel the love and share your post with more
65. MAKE YOUR POSTS PERSONAL
• Mention Other Google+ Users by Adding the + Sign
• Add personal signatures
• Use your own voice. Make sure that your voice represents the
identity of your company, and is also engaging and fun so that it sparks
66. GENERATING LEADS THROUGH IMAGES &
• Create albums with visuals and leverage the Videos tab to add clips.
• Add landing page link the actual image/video
• Add landing page link to the description of the image/video.
• Include a hashtag in its update and even mentioning specific Google+
users in the comments section. If you play the video, you will see that
it features a link to get further engagement.
67. GENERATING LEADS THROUGH GOOGLE
One of the most unique features that Google+ has to offer is its
segmentation, found in a feature called Circles. Circles let you share
different information with different groups. They enable companies to
separate their audience and nurture them in different ways.
• Assign different groups of people to a specific circle
• Email Marketing & Circles. After you craft your Google+ update, left-
click on the Circles you are about to share it with and select the check
box “Notify about this post.” In this way, the members of this Circle will
receive an email notification about your post.
68. ADD A +1 BUTTON TO YOUR WEBSITE
Websites with Google’s +1 button generate 3.5X more traffic from
Google+ than websites that don’t have the button installed.
The old ways are dead. And you need people around you who concur. That means handing out more
with the creative people, the freaks, the real visionaries, than you’re are already doing.
Hugh MacLeod, Ignore Everybody
How to Start Hangout.
Google+ provides live video conferences called “hangout”
Hangouts enable you to conduct a group online video conference, chat via
text, share a document, share desktops, and watch YouTube together.
Three kinds of hangouts.
1. Regular – up to 10 people can participate.
2. Hangouts with extras – includes the capability to name a hangout, share a
whiteboard, and invite telephone participants.
3. Hangout On Air – that lets you live broadcast to an unlimited number of
people. Google automatically records this hangouts as YouTube videos.
70. USING EVENTS & HANGOUTS ON GOOGLE+
• Once the event is created, Google+ ensures that the details during
and after the event are also taken care of. For instance, it enables
attendees to share photos and event organizers can project a “live
slideshow” of the photos added during the event.
• After the event, one can see everyone’s pictures and comments in
one place on the event page, documented in chronological order.
• Lastly, people can also browse the content by popularity,
photographer, or photo tag.
• Integration of Google+ into search results, Google+ Events can bring
you additional organic traffic
• Google+ Events will also take care of the reminder emails for you.
1. Create Event.
71. FINDING OTHER HANGOUTS
Google Shared Calendars
72. COMBINING HANGOUTS AND EVENTS
You can choose the option to host the event online only, through
Hangouts. The perfect way to connect with your followers, Google
explains, is to invite them to a Hangout. Through this video interaction
they not only engage with your products, but can also meet the people
behind the brand.
Exp. Fiat Nederland hosted a Hangout to introduce one of its car designs. The company used an iPad to make
the tour more interactive and show the car. During the Hangout, Fiat made an effort to boost participation from
attendees and asked them which color they would prefer for the new Fiat. A clever way to start a discussion!
73. WAYS TO ATTRACT MORE FOLLOWERS
1. Perfect your profile.
2. Share good stuff.
3. Share in public. Include pictures and video.
4. Add the Google+ to your website or blog.
5. Compile a great circle.
6. Help people.
7. No more than 5 percent of your posts should be sales pitch
8. Make meaningful comments.
9. Respond to comments in your posts.
10. +Mention others.
11. Give credit.
12. Invite people to join
13. Participate in hangouts.
74. PART 4
Elements of Google + Style
75. ELEMENTS OF GOOGLE + STYLE
• Be brief.
• Edit. On Google+ you can edit a post after you’ve shared it.-
unlike Facebook or Twitter.
• Provide a link to the source.
• Use the active voice
• Include a photo, photo album, or video.
• Stylize your text.
• Add a hashtag.
• Post regularly.
• Give credit.
• Repeat your posts.
• Use Ripples. Study Ripples of other people to see who
effectively shared their posts
76. SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICAL PLAN
Social Networks – X hours daily/weekly/monthly
Short terms objectives
1. Optimize for SEO
2. X posts per day
3. Share engaging content, video, images and relevant links
4. Comment on posts
5. Utilize Google Hangouts
6. Create and promote upcoming events
77. Ezlearning Academy
78. BUILDING AUDIENCE ON YOUR PAGE
USING FACEBOOK TOOLS
79. CREATE A BUSINESS PAGE ON FACEBOOK
80. FACEBOOK TIMELINE INFOGRAPHIC
81. 1. CUSTOM TAB IMAGES: MAKE SURE YOU
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE
Here are a few important things to keep in mind about the
custom image tabs:
• You can’t change or reposition the “Photos” tab(which
displays the most recently uploaded image).
• You can display a maximum of four tabs(including the
Photos tab). Your remaining tabs are displayed when the
user clicks the “arrow” icon to the right of the tab images.
• You can create your own graphics for any custom tab
images EXCEPT Facebook’s own apps (Photos, Notes,
Events, Videos, Links).
• Custom app image size is at 111 x 74 pixels.
82. 2. HIGHLIGHTING POSTS TO CREATE VISUAL
• Use the Highlight Feature to Create Visual Organization.
• When you highlight a page status, it then occupies two
columns in your Timeline, breaking up the monotony of
the two columns as well as attracting more attention to
that particular status.
Tip #1: If you want each month more clearly delineated
visually, you can edit the date of a highlighted status so that
it appears first or anywhere in the chronology you want it to
84. 3. CREATE MILESTONES OR EVENTS TO MAKE
YOUR PAGE “STICKY”
85. INVITE YOUR EMAIL CONTACTS.
How to attract leads
make money of Facebook.
87. HERE IS WHAT YOU LEARN:
• Easy strategies to help you quickly attract your first 1,000 Fans.
• How to forward your Facebook Fans to your web site ?
• Winning tips to help you get out into New Feeds of all your fans.
How’s your EdgeRank? EdgeRank is an algorithm developed by
Facebook to govern what is displayed and how high on the News
• How to turn your Facebook Fans in to quality leads and make a
• Promoted Post: What they are, and how they can skyrocket your
• Facebook Offers: How this Facebook “Super Feature” can boost
your leads and sales.
• Building Audience on your Page using Facebook tools
• Monitoring your Facebook impact.
88. “ By utilizing both organic and paid resources, you
can turn Facebook into a great lead generating
source. “ – Hubspot.
89. FOUR REAL STEPS TO CREATE REAL
RESULTS OF FACEBOOK.
Optimize Your Foundation for Facebook Success
Quickly Grow a Lucrative Fan Base of Quality Leads
Create Outgoing, Massive Engagement.
Turn your Fans in to profitable Super Fans
90. FIRST, SOME FUN STATISTIC.
• Facebook users are upload 300 million photos per day and
it’s 20% more than last year.
• Facebook generate 2, 7 billion likes a day.
• Facebook hits 1 billion active users around the globe.
• One of 7 people in a World has a Facebook profile.
• 93% of Americans have Facebook account.
• 92% of Industry Professionals report that they acquire there
customers from Facebook
91. CATCH THEM ON THE GO
• 74% of people using smartphones or tablets to browse the
internet will wait only five seconds for a web page to load
on their mobile device before abandoning the site?
• 74% of smartphone users have made a purchase on their
• 425 million people using Facebook on their mobile
92. STEP 1
Optimize Your Foundation for
How can you increase the chances that your page posts will
appear in the News Feeds of the people who have liked your
page? That's called EdgeRank. You need to increase your
post's EdgeRank. EdgeRank is the name of the algorithm that
Facebook uses to decide which posts appear in the News
Feed under Top Stories.
94. USE YOUR TIMELINE COVER PHOTO TO LET YOUR
FANS KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ABOUT.
Cover Photo: optimal size is 851 x 315 pixel
Facebook has guidelines about the cover photo:
• It shouldn’t be primarily text-based or infringe on anyone
• No price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or
“Download it at our website”
• No contact information, such as web address, email,
mailing address or other information intended for your
page’s About section
• No references to user interface elements, such as Like or
Share, or any other Facebook site features
• No calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your
95. HERE ARE SOME FINE PROFILE PICTURE
96. IDEAS FOR YOUR TIME LINE DESIGN
97. DESIGN WHICH TELLS THE STORY
98. Ezlearning Academy
99. CONSISTENT BRANDING
100. Ezlearning Academy
101. IMPLEMENTING CUSTOM APPS
102. A FEW USEFUL TIPS
• Change your timeline photo often. Each time you
change your cover photo it will go to the news
• It is very important for your SEO that you have a
link to your web site under about section on
your web site.
103. SEO AND TRAFFIC HOT SPOT
104. Ezlearning Academy
105. LOCAL BUSINESS CHOOSE CAREFULLY.
106. STEP 2.
Quickly Grow a Lucrative Fan Base
of Quality Leads
107. MORE STATISTICS.
“The Average Company saw 185 %
increase in traffic, after crossing 1000 Fans
108. QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF.
1. Is your timeline photo branded on your page?
2. Have you link your Page to your Profile?
3. Have you secure your custom URL for your Facebook Page?
4. Have you added a Like Box to your web site?
5. Are you posting 2 -5 times per day?
6. Do you have at least 1000 fans?
109. Ezlearning Academy
110. ADD A CUSTOM FACEBOOK URL
You need to have at least 30 Fans and you can grub unique
URL for your Facebook.
111. ADD A LIKE BOX TO YOUR WEB SITE
The great thing about a Like Box that the people
who liked your Facebook Page are not leaving your
web site page.
If you have wordpress web site you can install like
box plugin. Or if you don’t have WordPress web
site you can go:
configure your settings and get code.
112. POST CONSISTENTLY
• Post 2-5 times each day.
• Consistency always wins on Facebook, one post a day is
simply not enough, most Fans won’t even see it.
• Post several different content during the day: video,
images, quick tips, links and questions.
• Include Call-to-Action to get Fans to take actions
• For maximum engagement keep your post 80 characters
or less. A study by Buddy Media show that posts with 80
characters of less received 27% more higher engagement
• Science of Timing research shows that weekends are best
for Facebook sharing. However, you should experiment
with different times and days, and monitor performance in
your analytics to spot the highest engagement times for
113. HOW TO ATTRACT YOUR
FIRST 1000 FANS
• Brand Your Timeline Cover Photo on your Business Page
• Link Your Page to Your Profile
• Get Your Custom URL for Your Facebook Page
• Add a Like Box to Your Web Site
• Post between 2-5 Times Each Day.
114. STEP 3
115. Images = Engagement
116. POWER OF IMAGES
• Photos on Facebook generate 53% more Likes then the
• Facebook users upload a 300 million photos per day.
117. Create a strategy for your
118. Fill in the Blank:
119. SNEAK PEEK STRATEGY
Let your readers a little beat in
to your personal life. Ask for
help or advice. People love to
be ask their opinion and if it
not related to work it is more
enjoyable. You become more
human to your fans and when
they ready to purchase
product from you. You on top
of their mind.
120. THE “ACTION” IMAGE STRATEGY.
• When Fans are asked to like the
post, there is a 3x higher like rate
when not asked to like.
• When Fans are specifically asked
to comments on a post there is a
3,3 x higher comments rate then
when they are not asked to
• When Fans are asked to share a
post, the share rate is 7x higher
then those posts are not asking to
121. Ezlearning Academy
122. THE “BLOG” POST IMAGE STRATEGY.
Take a screengrub
of your blog post.
123. THE “TRAFFIC GENERATED” IMAGE STRATEGY”
Upload short video, announce free webinar on my Facebook,
include image of the video and call for action. A short video
what is your product or webinar is about. Short post not
more then 80 characters in addition you can promoted the
post. Create a promotion. It’s created an amazing exposure.
• I recommend use screengrub tool Jing or Snagit.
• If you don’t know how to create images you have to use
tool name http://www.picmonkey.com/ free online photo
125. STEP 4
Turning Fans In To Super Fans with
126. FACEBOOK ADS STRATEGY
Only focus on the ads that will make you money
3 Smart Reasons to experiment with Facebook Ads.
• More Quality Likes
• More Lucrative Leads
• More Sales and Profits
127. TOP LIST BUILDING FACEBOOK ADS
The most strategic list building Facebook ad strategies
Sponsored Stories: Easiest to set up
Like Statements Ads: Click Like …
Promoted Posts: Pay to be seen more by fans and friends of
Page Post Ads: The “most social” type of ads. Probably the
most popular ads.
Marketplace Ads: Traditional ads seen in the right column of
Mobile- Only Ads: Only in the News Feed
128. 1. PROMOTED POSTS.
• Promoted Posts are status updates where you pay to have
them shown to more of your Fans and Friends of Fans.
• Promoted Posts are shown to people who are most likely
to engage with your ad and they are sent out into the
News Feeds for maximum exposure.
• You must have 400 fans to run a Promoted Post
• You can only promote post in the first 3 days it goes live
129. ADS TO ATTRACT HIGHLY- QUALIFIED FANS
Sponsored Stories: Easiest to set up. No Copy to write, they
pule image from the page. This type of adds in cheapest.
Like Statements Ads: Click Like…. If they click like they
become fan of your FBP
130. ADS TO INCREASE ENGAGEMENT
Promoted Posts: Pay to be seen even more.
Page Posts Ads: The “most social” type of ads.
131. ADS TO ATTRACT LUCRATIVE LEADS.
132. DIRECT PROFIT GENERATING ADDS
• Marketplace Ads
• Promoted Posts
• Page Posts Ads
133. CUSTOM APPS
3. To be seen in a your mobile. Look in to mobile options.
4. http://www.fans2page.com/. Create contest. Need have
134. MONITORING YOUR FACEBOOK IMPACT.
People Talking About This - Is the number of unique people who've created a story
about this page in the last seven days, and by creating a story it doesn't mean they have
to write a whole post with us tagged in, it could mean that anybody who wrote a comment
or who Liked somebody else's post that has to do with this page.
Weekly Total Reach - It's the number of unique people who have seen any content
associated with this page, including ads or sponsored stories or anything pointing to
this page in the past seven days. It can include people who Liked the page, who
Liked, commented on or shared a post from my page. And then Reach includes their
friends as well.
136. WHAT IS GRAPH SEARCH?
Let's say you want to know which of your friends knows someone
who lives in Berlin, Germany. You can type "friends of my friends
who live in Berlin, Germany" into Graph Search. Ta da! You'll have
a list of the relevant individuals. Want to know which of your
friends enjoyed the "Twilight" series? Type "friends who like
Twilight" into Graph Search.
137. SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICAL PLAN
Short terms objectives.
Facebook Fan Page
1. Insert strategic objective.
2. Share a mix of relevant links, engaging content, video, and
3. Make sure you promote upcoming events and create them in
the even tab..
4. X posts per day.
5. Engage with influencers.
Facebook Likes and posts
138. Pinterest for Business.
139. HERE IS WHAT YOU LEARN:
1. See how service based businesses are using pins to get more
2. What you need to start doing today to get MORE FOLLOWERS.
3. Get 10x more repins using THESE surprising pixel dimensions.
4. How to EASILY improve your SEO using Pinterest...no tech skills
5. Learn the secret to creating pins with the crazy high engagement.
6. How to reap the benefits of social media in less time (HINT: how to
get others to do the work FOR you).
7. 2 ways to tap into the power of Facebook to quickly make you a
Pinterest power player.
140. WHAT IS PINTEREST AND HOW DOES IT WORK
• Pinterest is a virtual pin board that helps you organize and
share interesting things you find on a web or create yourself.
• People “pin” images from other sites into Pinterest where other
people can repin those images on their boards.
• Pinterest is extremely viral. 80 % of pins are repins which
mean you have a great exposure. It is mean, that it is not
necessary a new content, it is a repin content.
• Due to its simple visual nature, people clicking thought sites
more = excellent traffic referral source.
141. INTERESTING DEMOGRAPHICS
1. Fastest site in history of web to reach 10 m unique visitors
2. Significant Source of Referral Traffic.
3. Pinterest now drives more referral traffic than Twitter, Bing,
Linkedin, YouTube and Google+
4. 4th Largest traffic driver Worldwide
5. 87% of the traffic is Women
6. Re- pinning gives you insight in to your target market. Use it
like a focus group. They’re volunteering a lot of information
about their interests, passions, dreams and sense of humor in
a more natural way on Pinterest. Use this information to your
advantage to glean insights about your target consumers.
142. CREATE YOU BUSINESS PINTEREST ACCOUNT
Open business account
Tips: In a About section use keywords and location if you
4 steps to create business account
1. Verify Business account
2. Add Bookmarklet
3. Add “Pin It” Button
4. Add Follow Button
143. INSTALL THE “PIN IT” BOOKMARKLET TO YOUR
The Pin It bookmarklet lets you grab an image from any website
and add it to one of your pinboards. When you pin from a
website, Pinterest automatically grabs the source link to credit the
original creator. You can find the bookmarklet on
144. CONNECT FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND
Add Pinterest Tab to you FB page
145. PINTEREST IS A FUTURE OF ECOMMERCE
Pinterest is a future of ecommerce. 17% of people use
Pinterest as an inspiration to buy!
146. 5 IDEAS FOR POWERFUL PINS
1. Infographics. Tools for Small Business and Entrepreneurs
Pinterest Board. www/infogr.am
2. Checklists. Tips: When you creating checklist make them Tall.
3. Tutorials. Tutorials pins increase 42% repins
4. Pins with text. Use PicMonkey.com
5. Pin Videos from YouTube. Use ScreenFlow software and you
can videotape your screen.
147. SAMPLE CHECKLISTS AND TUTORIAL.
148. USE SMART CAPTIONS
• Call for Action. You can even put a buttons to my pins.
• Keywords. You get backlinks. Very important
for SEO. Put Tags it is automatically hyperlinks.
• Price. Type the dollar sign and Pinterst
automatically add a price to your pin.
• Add link to your web site
149. CREATE INSPIRING BOARDS AND PROMOTE A
Birch box: The beauty subscription service pins close-ups of
made-up hair, eyes, lips and painted nails to show various looks
that can be created with makeup. There’s also a board devoted to
food, since a girl has to eat, and they create a TV channel. They
created a board and pin videos and they call it “BirchBox TV”
151. Whole Foods: Whole Foods is a healthy lifestyle mecca, and its
Pinterest boards reflect that. There are boards devoted to recycling,
beautiful gardens, kitchens, art projects and even the Whole Planet
Foundation, which offers microcredit to the entrepreneurs who sell goods
through Whole Foods. The Pinterest is holistic, just like the brand itself.
Victory Jewelry show boards of spiritual inspiration, Harry Potter and
LEGO creations. This helps to make their brand stand out by helping to
project some real personality.
152. Mashable: Our community team pins memes and other tidbits of
web culture, in addition to gadgets, which are the facets of our
digital and tech coverage that are the most visual.
The Today Show: NBC’s morning show has something for
everyone on Pinterest, since that’s also what it offers on-air. You’ll
find behind-the-scenes anchor antics, pics of the Today Plaza,
recipes and even cute animals.
Drake University: The school pins images of dorm life, as well as
bulldogs (Drake’s mascot) from all over the web.
153. INCREASE THE VALUE (MONETIZE)
• Optimize your Pinterest pins/greater SEO
• More overall exposure/add website url to every post
• Engage related brands and comment, post and re-pin
• Be sure to edit every pin and add the url to direct the traffic
• You can direct traffic to each of your pins
• Add Pinterest button to your web site and each of your
images and video, specially if you service based business
154. SEARCH FOR PINS FROM YOUR WEBSITE OR
Want to see what’s being pinned about your company? By using
this specific (http://pinterest.com/source/ADD YOUR URL HERE)
to see what’s been shared from your website or blog.
155. HIGHLIGHT SPECIALS
Weekly feature on your website or a seasonal sale, consider
making a board about it. Holiday Gifts. Valentine Gifts
156. RUN CONTESTS
Exp. Land’s End “Pin It To Win It” -campaign asked users to
create a Pin It To Win It pinboard (in the women’s or men’s
apparel categories) and pin 10 to 20 images from the Land’s End
site or repin them from the Land’s End Pinterest page. Once your
board was complete, you were to email the URL of your pinboard
to Land’s End for a chance to win one of 10 $250 gift cards–this
was your official “entry” for the contest. A search on Pinterest
shows that there were around 200 boards created for the contest,
with each containing at least 10 to 20 images, which means a lot
of Land’s End merchandise was injected into the Pinterest feed at
no cost. Running contests like this is a great way to expose your
brand and products to a large audience, given the viral nature of
these images and the engaged Pinterest audience.
157. Ezlearning Academy
158. ENGAGE THEM IN CONTESTS TO PULL FROM
THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA
“Repin to win” format. You enable users to earn a prize by either
having them create a board that will get the most likes or by
encouraging them to repin some of your images. It will bring great
visibility to your page and therefore, your cause.
For some contest ideas: http://pinterest.com/pinchat/contests-on-
159. FUNDRAISE BY ADDING A $ SIGNS TO YOUR
Whenever you add a price in the comment section of any pin
(which should always include accurate keywords), it will
automatically categorize it in the gift tab. It can be an excellent
way to promote objects or even upcoming fundraising events for
160. RECOMMENDED BEST
• Create a business page. Go to http://business.pinterest.com.
Verify your website. You can verify from your Setting page.
• Use your business name on your Pinterest Profile
• Add to your About under your business name
• Add your personal photo or your logo
• Be certain to add your web site name in your profile
• Create interesting names for boards-use keywords/short
• Pin content steadily instead of lots of bursts at a time
• Network with other professionals in your field and in related
161. USEFUL TOOLS.
• Pinterest widget/button page. Once you have a Pinterest
pinboard set up, grab one of several options for the Pinterest
button. At the very least, you’ll want to add the simple “Pin It”
button to your website or blog.
• Pinvolve. This helps you convert your Facebook fans into
Pinterest fans. It pulls in your Facebook content and Instagram
photos onto your Pinterest board. It syncs your photos and pins
to Facebook, too.
• Reachli. Formerly Pinerly, this analytics tool allows a way to
manage visual campaigns. It’s integrated with the popular social
media management tool, HootSuite.
• OctoPin. This is another tool to help you measure and track your
• PinAlerts. Use this if you want to keep track of your Pinterest
work. If someone pins your blog post, or repins your pin,
PinAlerts will let you know.
• ShareAsImage. Formerly Pin A Quote, this nifty tool is for
creating those cool quotes you see on Pinterest. You highlight
any text on the Web and it converts it into a sharp-looking image
you can pin or share.
162. USEFUL TOOLS. (CONTINUE)
1. PinReach. This tool helps you understand the activity and
measure the impact of your Pinterest campaigns.
2. Pingraphy. Sometimes you don’t have time to post on
Pinterest, or any other social media platform for that matter.
Pingraphy schedules your Pins for you. It also enables you to
track and measure Repins, Likes and clicks.
3. WiseStamp. This tool allows you to add an elegant Pinterest
link to your email signature. It offers free and premium level
163. SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA TACTICAL PLAN
Social Networks – X hours daily/weekly/monthly
Short terms objectives
1. Create boards leveraging both content and company
2. Follow other businesses, thought leaders, customers,
Pinterest Pins and Followers
165. EZLEARNING ACADEMY
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Sign up for our blog and get tons of tips and information: