7 Questions Asked and Answered by Boston's Hottest Tech CMOs
by Explorics on Feb 25, 2014
- 3,293 views
In January 2014, a group of prominent tech CMOs and Marketing VPs from the Greater Boston area came together for an engaging peer-to-peer discussion. ...
In January 2014, a group of prominent tech CMOs and Marketing VPs from the Greater Boston area came together for an engaging peer-to-peer discussion.
Organized by MassTLC and led by David Skok of Matrix Partners and Mike Volpe of HubSpot, these experts raised a number of thought-provoking questions.
We collected their answers, and reached out to even more of Boston’s hottest tech CMOs for further insight.
Thank you to all of the CMOs who contributed their thoughts and guidance to this collection. Please continue the conversation by tweeting with our experts!
1. What metrics should you focus your board on? What metrics should you focus them away from?
2. How do you balance the cost of producing high-quality content with the need for personalizing content to ever-smaller segments of your audience?
3. What’s the best way to get involved in the buyer’s journey early, when they typically are 75% of the way through their decision process before they talk to you?
4. How should a marketing department be organized for the future? What roles are becoming critical?
5. Should we have an inside sales team and if so, what should their function be in the context of the broader marketing engine?
6. How do you arrive at an agreement with Sales for the number of leads provided by Marketing, given revenue expectations and cost of acquisition?
7. How do you define an "A+ CMO"?
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views