Affiliate marketing Presentation for the South Florida Interactive Marketing Association
Growing and Leveraging the Channel
Types of Affiliate Marketers
● Search Affiliates
● Coupon Sites
● Review Sites
● Loyalty Portals
● Incentive Programs
● Email Marketing
● Large Web Properties
● Company Partnerships
● Performance Based Traditional Media Buys
Article on the various types of affiliate marketers
How to Recruit Affiliates
● Search Ads - i.e. "dating affiliate programs"
● SEO optimized content for affiliate searches
● Facebook Ads - targeting people into affiliate marketing
or that attend tradeshows, i.e. Affiliate Summit
● Big Affiliate Networks - CJ, Linkshare, Shareasale.
Using their recruiting tools
● Smaller Affiliate Networks - "CPA networks"
● Leveraging an agency with affiliate relationships
● Proactively Contacting Relevant Websites
● Tradeshows like Affiliate Summit, CJU, Adtech
● Affiliate Forums and Directories
Pros and Cons for Ecommerce
● Diversifying Traffic & Revenue Sources
● Sharing Revenue - Performance model
● Having a Salesforce on the Internet
● Building Customer Loyalty
● Affiliate Tax Issues
● Coupons Stripping ROI from the Bottom Line
● Requires Intensive Management and
How to "Make Money Online" as an
● Blog with the best of them in your niche
● Refer, Refer, Refer Your Referral Links!
● Make your site "sticky" - email sign-up, Like, tweet,
share, Enter to Win
● Create a Facebook Page, Twitter to share through.
Advertise for Likes. Sell Boosted Posts.
● Affiliate via the Big Networks then Negotiate
● Work with companies directly to get "in" with them.
● Get your residuals commissions when possible.
● Launch and run LinkedIn Groups in Industry niches
● Create ad inventory that can be sold or monetized
● Look to monetize your databases and social networks.
Where to Learn and Grow
● Following Facebook Pages, i.e. Affiliate
Summit, Performance Marketing Assoc.,
● Join LinkedIn Groups in Your Industry
● Follow people producing good content on
● Attend Trade Shows
● Try to be an affiliate and see what happens
Evan Weber, CEO
Experience Advertising, Inc.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.