CHALLENGE OF FOCUS
Extreme Management Solutions
CONNECTING KEY PARTS
Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just
passes the time. Vision with action can change the world
Complete the phrases as you work through the presentation
– there is space to take notes under each section.
1. Specify the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
2. Identify the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ you will take.
3. Test the potential decisions by _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
4. _ _ _ _ _ _ to take action! - NOW……
5. Before you _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ it.
6. _ _ IT!
7. DID IT _ _ _ _?
1. SPECIFY THE CHALLENGE
Define exactly what you think the challenge is and what you want as
Be as specific as possible - how does it look? What does it sound like?
What does it feel like? Does it make sense?
Use open questions, beginning with – what, how, when, where.
What are the ‘Causes’ and what are the Effects’?
Who do I want to be so that I can achieve what I want?
2. IDENTIFY THE ACTIONS YOU WILL TAKE.
Identify your driver – Pain or pleasure?
Think ‘CONSEQUENCES’ - Create ‘What if’ statements followed by ‘then
I will do’
Create your ‘Forward Action Plan’.
3. TEST THE POTENTIAL DECISIONS BY LISTENING.
Listen to yourself – does it feel right, look right, sound right and does it
make sense? – BEWARE the ‘Gremlin!’
Listen to others – do your research, what are their views? BEWARE of
their agendas – changing what you do impacts on others!
4. DECIDE TO TAKE ACTION! …..NOW……
Make a bold action statement – Make it SMART
Yes I am going to do…………………………………………………. NOW (build in
a time frame).
5. BEFORE YOU LEAP – PLAN IT!
Use Project Management tools, lists, mind maps, flow charts, etc.
‘Failing to plan is planning to fail – John Wooden’
6. DO IT – commit yourself.
7. DID IT WORK?
Review what happened – did you get the results you wanted/expected?
Did anything happen that surprised you? What will you do differently
the next time? What will you repeat?
Now go back to number 1 and start again.