2. Importance of Website Design Website design can enhance its popularity, capabilities and purpose. Poor website design can affect the way people perceive the information it has to offer. Gumtree is a classifieds website where anyone has the ability to place an advertisement for goods and services.
3. First Impressions Short URL User friendly Simple, minimalistic design Quick download time Purpose is clear Interactive
4. Navigation Easy to use Direct links Effective organization Return to homepage Internal search engine
5. Content Useful information Terms and conditions well defined and easily accessible Suggests items of interest based on browser history Graphics are not for entertainment but for buying and selling.
6. Attractors Classifieds are working in conjunction with other sites. Direct links to social networks and sites. Is a local site, so options are not restricted. User has control over their own pricing.
7. Findability This site is very easy to locate No extra advertising to confuse users. The of the site is linked to other networks ( facebook is an example) The site name is simple.
8. Making Contact Making contact is direct and easy with many available options. Help Desk option is available. All contact is direct to site. Optional example forms and enquiries forms are available to view. Feedback is encouraged for further improvement.
9. Target Audience The general public. Anyone who is interested in goods or services for sale, swap or free.
10. Other useful information The site utilizes knowledge of the users, to suggest items of interest. Unrestricted options for sale of goods. Local opportunities to purchase goods.