2. Where is Syria? Syria is a country inWestern Asia,bordering Lebanonand theMediterranean Sea tothe West, Turkey tothe north, Iraq to theeast, Jordan to thesouth and Israel tothe southwest.
3. The conflict began on March 15, 2011and still going today.
4. 50 percent of the total number of familymembers were children younger than 18. 34 percent of all households reported noincome, and the remaining 66 percent had anaverage income. 18 percent of households are headed byfemales and 55 percent of these householdsreport no income. No women reported earning an income fromwork outside the house. 72 percent of households stated that theywere in debt.
5. Protesters demanded the resignationof President Bashar al-Assad, whosefamily has held the presidency in Syriasince 1971, as well as the end to overfour decades of Baath Party rule.
6. The People who fought are mainly the FreeSyrian Army (Protesters)15,000 and the SyrianArmed Forces (Government) has 30,520.