2. Past…some examples
• Dilmaghani et al. (2006)
• Adequate privacy of data between different actors?
Solutions? (e.g., encryption)
• Büscher et al. (2008)
• Trust & technology
• Fall et al. (2010)
• Security of data & trustworthy data – verification
• Foulquer et al. (2010)
• Trust as central to crisis response
• Tapia et al. (2011)
• Trust as an institutional issue
• Kelley et al. (2011)
• Demographic implications on communication
3. Food for thought….
Social issues…citizens & their contribution…
A greater understanding of the citizen…and the needs
Guidance/support for citizens?
Transparency – are citizens aware of the “other” uses of their
How do we build citizen confidence/abilities/skills?
US – Training…(Hiltz and Plotnick, 2013)
Different types of ICT’s in different types of crises
Barriers to adoption?
How do we ensure citizen “safety”?
4. Future…in your hands!
Do you have something to
Do you want to be involved?
Future of ISCRAM 2014 &
Issues to be explored?
Interested parties? Future4