Transcript of "Reaction on slides 71-77 (Cluetrain Manifesto)"
71 Your tired notions of quot;the marketquot; make our eyes
glaze over. We don't recognize ourselves in your
projections—perhaps because we know we're already
• Markets are off to a better place
72 We like this new marketplace much better. In fact,
we are creating it.
• Markets have just created a much better
place without the company.
73 You're invited, but it's our world. Take your shoes off
at the door. If you want to barter with us, get down off
• Companies can join if they want, but they
got to strip that attitude off ﬁrst.
74 We are immune to advertising. Just forget it.
• Markets are good in advertising and are
better than the company.
75 If you want us to talk to you, tell us something. Make
it something interesting for a change.
• Companies should change for the better if
they want their markets back.
76 We've got some ideas for you too: some new tools
we need, some better service. Stuff we'd be willing to
pay for. Got a minute?
• If companies have the right mind and heart,
they’ll have more than a minute to listen.
77 You're too busy quot;doing businessquot; to answer our
email? Oh gosh, sorry, gee, we'll come back later. Maybe.
• Companies with the wrong mind are busy
ignoring the market.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.