One element common to every story is SETTING. The
SETTING is where and when the story takes place.
The SETTING of a story is the place and time when
the story takes place.
PAST? PRESENT? FUTURE? MIXED?
• The HERO is often the main good character of
the story. Sometimes it called PROTAGONIST.
Viewers ussually hope the HERO ends up
• The VILLAIN is often the main bad character in
a story. Villain sometimes called the
ANTAGONIST. Villain job is to prevent hero
CHARACTER IS THE STORY
The easiest way to find a character is to look at
the mirror. You know yourself better than
anybody else. Make your self the main
PLOT is all of the action that
takes place during the story.
• EXPOSITION will often have information about events that
happened before the story began, it's often the very first of the
PLOT. EXPOSITION is background information on the characters and
• CONFLICT happens when characters are against each other, like
teams in a game or two groups fighting on the playground.
CONFLICT is the most important thing that happen in a story.
• CLIMAX of the story is when the CONFLICT of the PLOT is resolved.
• The RESOLUTION is the end of the story. It occurs after the CLIMAX.
It is when viewers learn what happens to the character after the