1. Clouds are all about APIs Mårten Mickos CEO, Eucalyptus Systems
2. 15 bn 3 bn
4. Rent BuySaaS App Middle-PaaS ware SystemIaaS SW
5. By 2014, 75% ofthe Fortune 1000will have APIs. Gartner
6. 3 approaches to on-prem IaaS CLOUD DATACENTER APPROACH APPROACH IaaS SERVICE PROVIDER APPROACH
7. Eucalyptusis the world’s mostwidely deployedprivate cloudsoftware platform.25,000 clouds
8. A common set of APIs
9. National Institute of Standards and Technology in Apr 2012 There are many cloud products in the market place, but NIST has determined Eucalyptus Enterprise Edition is the only IaaS cloud management software currently on the market that is built open source and supports private and public cloud infrastructure.
10. New paradigms CLOUD Multi-scale APIs Images in clouds WEB Scale-out Open source Stacks & distrosCLIENT/SERVERScale-upClosed sourceMonolithic binaries
11. Cloud motives• Agility• Automation• Elasticity• Utilization & economy
12. How many alternative standards? How many competing APIs?
13. Cloud usersCloud API Cloudprovi- sw ven-ders dors
14. The API frees the apps• Cloud means APIs• Common APIs allow application workloads to move• Popular APIs create ecosystems around them• In Eucalyptus, you get the dominant cloud API implemented as free and open source software