1. Managing Your Conference Efficiently and EffectivelyGlobalStar Travel Management LLC Annual Conference Miami, FL Presented By Jim Alkon VP, Corporate Travel & Meetings Practice May 17, 2011
2. “The Meeting Planner”Self Portraitcirca 2011
3. A few words aboutthe meetings business
4. Fact: Your clients are planning meetings Board meetingsCorporate meetingsUser groups Product launchesTrade shows Client receptionsIncentive trips Fundraisers
5. Fact: The corporate meetings market is enormous• Corporations spend $54.3 billion on meetings• 45% outsource some of them• 18% outsource at least half of them• 10% outsource most or all of themCorporations are using third parties to manage about $5-8 billion in meetings business Source: PhoCusWright study
6. The future looks bright: meeting spending likely to go up5k+ employees 64% 500-4,999 51% Increase Spending No Change 100-499 43% Decrease Spending Less than 100 34% Source: PhoCusWright 0 20 40 60 80 100 120
7. Who manages meetings? Administrative assistant Corporate Travel manager meeting and event planner Procure- THIRD Marketing exec ment PARTIES official
8. The larger the company, greater chance to use a third party80 70%7060 58%5040 37% 34% Use Intermediaries30 Direct with Suppliers2010 Source: PhoCusWright 0 less than 100 100-499 500-4,999 5k+ employees
9. Why some companies prefer to outsource• More services becoming available from more sophisticated TMCs• Economic factors• Trust in web-based tools like never before• TMCs with greater purchasing efficiencies• TMCs have established confidence already handling corporate travel relationship
10. Another factor in the mix: merging responsibilities….. More travel managers are picking upresponsibility for managing the meetings function within their organizations
11. …which brings in new challenges for these travel managers• Time commitment• Meeting planners seeking “ownership” for their events• Internal politics -- lack of cooperation between departments – tension with marketing• Capturing and coordinating info• Issues with mandating policy• Lack of a champion within top management• Who needs the headaches?
12. When it comes to process and efficiency, meetings departments are asking…• Is our team ‘maxed out’ with too many tasks and not enough time to do them?• Do we have the proper tools to manage the team, manage our inventory and track budgets?• Are we using multiple technology solutions and finding it hard to collect meaningful data?• Are we optimizing your marketing efforts and driving registrations at the highest rate?• Are we creating the best attendee experience?
13. What you need to get the job done• A robust registration site that tracks activity in real time• A focused marketing campaign that cuts conversion costs• One, flexible, integrated event management platform that captures all data and allows for easy analysis and action• A solution that engages attendees and extends their ROI• Peace of mind
14. A golden opportunity for agencies• Establish new niche in marketplace• Create new revenue streams• Improve relationship with existing contacts at client companies• Expand contacts at client companies• Establish new service areas• Set infrastructure for attracting new accounts• Can you be creative?
15. Intelligent event management as a value-add to your clients What you should know. What you can do. How you can capitalize.
16. A basic template for events:Is this how your clients operate? Event Event Attendee Creation Marketing Experience Project Management / Data Analysis
17. What agencies need to knowto help their clients with meetingsProject Event Creation AttendeeManagement • Event Website Experience• Budget • Registration • Connection Tools• Timelines • Marketing • Marketing• Task Assignment • Seating • Social Media• Venue Selection • Booth Mgmt. • Mobile Apps• Inventory Mgmt. • Survey
18. can help you help your clients• 13 integrated modules manage every key step along the event planning lifecycle• Created by meeting planners for meeting planners• Dedicated to ease of use, productivity and ROI for event staff and maximizing experience/relevance for registrants• Track record of success ranging from top brands to small and mid-sized organizations• Cited for event technology innovation• Constant development stream to meet changing needs of the marketplace• Exceptional touch!
19. A solution that is effective and efficient• All-inclusive: 13 modules keep all activity under one source• Integrated: Seamless information flow across online travel booking, webinar registration, marketing automation, CRM and financial software• Efficient: Better processes cut set-up time and free up staff• Fluid: Easy path for delegates, optimizes attendee count• Comprehensive: Pinpoint reporting provides leverage in vendor negotiations and better planning for future events• Global in a flash: Simply converts into one of 27 languages• SaaS: No renewals, licenses, updates to bog you down• Priced right: No startup fees, free training, great value
20. Event Registration Marketing WebsiteSeating, Booth Attendee Management Value Time, Cost Survey Savings Spend ROI Analysis Meetings Efficiencies Agencies as Project Budgeting Experts Management
22. Questions to consider• Am I serious about growing the meetings biz?• Can I help educate my clients about meetings?• Can I expand my services for meetings?• Can I create a full-fledged MICE department?• Will I refer a reliable, top-notch web-based event services company to my clients as a value-add?• Will I be the hands-on, go-to source to perform meetings services for my clients knowing I have a reliable, efficient event mgmt. tool working for me?
23. Learn more about etouches* Web Demo* Free Trial* Chat with us www.etouches.com Jim Alkon 203-403-9008 jalkon @ etouches.com Thank You
24. About the Company: The etouches’ product line is offered in two packages:etouches is a web-based suite of integrated eventplanning software tools that help event and meetingprofessionals perform every function in the eventplanning lifecycle. etouches Quad: just what you need to create, manage, register, market and evaluate your eventsetouches is sold as a subscription model (SaaS) basedon the number of registrations per year. There is one feethat is inclusive of unlimited training and 24/7 support. etouches Pro: everything you need to plan, budget, schedule, oversee and manage your event portfolio pre, during and post-eventHeadquartered in the U.S., etouches has offices inSweden, the United Kingdom and Australia. Experience etouches. Experience is everything. if you are a corporation,etouches is proud to partner and integrate with the most small business, association, agency, educationalinnovative complementary technology products on the institution, meetings or events company or anymarket including CRM, social networking, webcasting organization that brings together at least 250 peopleand virtual tradeshow technology. etouches also proudly over 12 months, you need to know aboutdistributes its products through value-added resellers etouches. If you are driven to high standards andthat serve specific industries. expect the same of your partner companies, you’re in the right place.
25. Contact InformationDo not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions Contact Information and please visit www.etouches.com for more Global Sales & Partnerships information, our webinar archives and to sign up for Steve Mackenzie demos & free trial accounts. Vice President, Global Sales U.S.: 1-203-403-9470 Europe, Middle East, Africa: +44 (0)845 077 2804 Asia Pacific: +61 (0)2 9555 6622 email: email@example.comFind us on: Global Marketing & PR Suzanne Carawan Vice President, Global Marketing Direct: 1-203-403-9013t email: firstname.lastname@example.org
31. eReg eConnect eScan Time, Cost SavingseHome eRFP •Streamline procedures •Vendor negotiating leverage eWiki eBooth •Automated processes •Less manual logistics managementeBudget•Raise efficiency and free up staff eMarketing to focus on other responsibilities • Do it once, then clone iteSurvey eMobile • Create library of resources • Go global by hitting one key eScheduler eSeating eProject
32. eReg eConnect eScan Return on Investment: was the event worth it to the sponsor?eHome eRFP • Attendee benefits eBooth • Attendee surveys eWiki • Post-event attendee actions • Feedback mechanisms eMarketingeBudget • Set evaluation metrics • Measure by volume (# participants)eSurvey • Measure by revenue (how much $ taken in) eMobile • Measure by goals and objectives (what did you accomplish – will you repeat) eScheduler eSeating eProject
35. eReg eConnect eScan Agencies as ExpertseHome eRFP • Tool to manage all key event functions for clients • You are in control from start to finish eBooth eWiki • Seamless for your customers • Existing expertise in travel, destinations, venues • Expand existing corporate relationships eMarketingeBudget • Forge new corporate relationships • Manage internal eventseSurvey eMobile eScheduler eSeating eProject
36. eReg eConnect eScan BudgetingeHome eRFP • Gain control, insight into expenses and revenue • Create budget for approval • Track flow-through real-time performance eWiki eBooth • Links to eReg • Track per-vendor spendeBudget eMarketing • Generate variance reportseSurvey eMobile eScheduler eSeating eProject