2. THERE’S T HIS MOVIE“UP in the AIR”
3. it ’sABOUT A GUY WHO FIRES PEOPLE
4. HE GIVES ADVICE to aYOUNG COLLEAGUE
5. How muchDOES YOUR LIFEWEIGH? Imagine for a second that you’re carrying a backpack…
6. I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life… Start with the little things.The shelves, the drawers, then you start adding larger stuff… the backpack should be getting pretty heavy now…
7. You go bigger.Your couch, yourcar, your home…stuff it all into thatbackpack. Now fill itwith people.Start with casualacquaintances, friends offriends, your brothers,your sisters…
8. . into t hat bag.. themYou get FEEL WEIGHT the of THAT BAG...
9. THINK of your PRESENTATION as a BACKPACK
10. FE E L theWE I G H T of it
11. CAN YOU CARRY IT OR IS IT DRAGGING EASILY? ALONG?
12. IS IT BOGGED DOWN BY TOO MANYWORDS, VISUALS OR SLIDES?
13. The weight of your backpack(YOUR PRES ENTATION) will be on your audience’s shoulders when you’re done.
14. DON’T make their BACKPACKS HEAVIER WITH YOUR PRESENTATION
15. REMEMBERTHEIR BACKPACKSare already FULL
16. DON’TMA KE THEM FIT SOMETHINGcu mbersome & bulky IN THERE
17. SIMPLICITY is KEY
18. PRETEND LIKE YOU HAVE TO PAY forEVERY WORD YOU USE