1. MICHELIN’s technicalexcellence in Sport &Super Sport, fromMotorsport to series
2. Motorsport enables technological innovationsto be tested in extreme situations… More than one century of competition The 24 Hours of Le Mans: since 1923, 20 victories including 14 in a row 14 years of F1: 102 victories, 10 world championships FIA GT: more than 20 manufacturer and driver titles since 1997 WRC: 224 victories and 38 world championships American Le Mans Series: 114 victories and 12 world championships Le Mans Series: MICHELIN is unbeaten since 2004 - 35 victories and 7 world championships
3. Car manufacturers and MICHELIN, a tightrelationship and mutual trust Because taking pleasure in driving depends on precision • MICHELIN works in close cooperation with car manufacturers from the specifications phase to the time when the tyre or vehicle is launched in the market. • Chosen by the most prestigious car manufacturers to equip from the outset their most prestigious vehicles: - Porsche 997 Turbo, Porsche GT2 RS and GT3 RS, BMW M3, BMW M5 and M6, Ferrari 599 GTO, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari FF, Corvette ZR1, Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, Koenigsegg Agera, Gumpert Apollo...
4. Car manufacturers and MICHELIN, a tight relationship and mutual trustHistorical partnerships • 1961: beginning of the partnership with Porsche • Alpina with whom we are celebrating 26 years of being their tyre partner on and off track • Michelin tyres have been original equipment on all four generations of the BMW M3Mutual trust • In 2010, MICHELIN has received the Ferrari Technology Award for the outstanding contribution to product development and performance for GT cars
5. MICHELIN, a partner manufacturer, meets the mostdemanding specificationsIn Motorsport & on series vehicles, tyres are a key component of the vehicle’s performanceBut tyres have different challenges: • In Motorsport: top-quality performances at the highest level under extreme conditions : • Grip & Longevity • For series vehicles: this complex and multi-faceted alliance seeks to improve performances: • Comfort • Dry handling • Hydroplaning • Noise • Dry braking • High-speed testing • Energy efficiency • Wet handling • LongevityThis alliance enables MICHELIN to improve steadily the balance of performances
6. Technological transfers from Motorsport to Series Precision of sculpture is adapted to driving conditions in order to provide: • Better vehicle handling on wet and dry roads • Better longevity • Safety on wet and dry roadsMICHELIN Slick MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup+ MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport MICHELIN Pilot Sport 3
7. Technological transfers from Motorsport to Series Blends developed in Motorsport result in better grip on dry ground • Carbon black developed at The 24 Hours of Le Mans in the bi-compound technology used in MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport tyres • Identical polymers used in competition as well as series An architecture tried and tested in competition that results in better vehicle handling • Aramid
8. MICHELIN’s technicalexcellence fromcompetition to series