• Found between 23.5◦N and 23.5◦S of the
• Little fluctuations of temperature with a small
diurnal temperature range.
• Max Daytime of 32◦C.
• Min temperature at night falls no lower than
• Annual rainfall is above 2000mm.
• Some examples are Brazil, India, Singapore,
Indonesia and Uganda.
• Found between 30◦ to 50◦ north and south of
• Four seasons (spring, summer, autumn and
• Large temperature range.
• Summer can be as high as 34◦C and winter can
be below 0◦C.
• Precipitation can be in the form of rainfall or
snow and ranges from 500 mm to 1200 mm.
• Some examples of temperate climate are
Australia, New Zealand, Korea, France and USA.
Describe the differences between the
• Found in areas of high latitudes, from the Arctic
Circle (66.5◦N) to the North Pole, and from
Antarctic Circle (66.5◦S) to the South Pole.
• Large temperature range of over 40◦C.
• Mean monthly temperatures are below 10◦C all
• Summers are short and winters are long and very
• Annual precipitation of between 250mm to
400mm, mainly in the form of snow.
• Some examples of polar climate are northern
Russia, Iceland, Antarctica and northern