2010 elections Final Project Juan Manuel Santos and Antanas Mockus Presented by: Juan Esteban Moreno and Andres Hernandez Bravo Presented to: Diego Villamizar
Mockus economic proposals: 1. Productivity and equity will be the main criteria for economic and social policy. 2. We will implement a plan to promote investment, based on transparency and public discussion of government interventions. They respected the rules established. 3. Seeks to link the Colombian economy to international markets, especially the most dynamic, such as Asians. 4. Through education, science and technology, and production policy, we will increase the growth of the economy and the capabilities and opportunities of individuals. 5. Strengthen the institutional framework and the state's ability to plan long-term national infrastructure. We will put in place a plan of infrastructure-roads, ports, airports, railways and power generation projects, to integrate Colombia to the global economy and integrate the domestic market. 6. Policies will promote income generation for families: training, use of niche markets, banking and credit.
7. Adopt an austere fiscal management and long-term vision, enabling savings in good times and soften the impact of any crisis in public finances. 8. Foster a structural tax reform that ordered regional and national taxes, increase the collection, recovery efficiency, ensure equity, promote business and employment formalities and curb tax evasion. Simplify the tariff regime of VAT and income tax and regressive tax exemptions remove. The permanence of the tax on financial transactions will be reviewed. Taxes will also be revised to correspond to municipalities and departments, introducing incentives to increase the collection and improve its allocation. 9. Royalty regime will reform to promote social and regional development with equity and prevent corruption and misuse of these resources.
Santos proposals: Information Technology and communications We will create a favorable environment for Information Technology andCommunications-TIC-generating conditions for investment, innovation,human capital development and real access to Internet, broadband and content.Look for the development of a major industry design and manufacture computers and software technology that can meet projects and mass adoption of technology in education, health, and justice. 2. Will continue the policy aimed at developing productive transformationWorld-class sectors, based on a priority objective, the establishmentfulfilling commitments and targets for public-private work.It will boost Colombia's relationship with the world through treatiescommercial benefit to the country and to boost our export sector. 3. Legal stability, an essential input for competitivenessThe improvement of the legal framework should be directed to areas such asaccess to information, removing access barriers and costs to markets, promoting a policy of attracting investment and facilities for the disposal of entrepreneurs who developed market unsuccessful activities.
4. Financial Sector: more competitionThe Colombian financial sector has adequate regulation and supervision. However, we will promote competition among intermediaries. Greater efficiency should result in intermediation margins lower and lower interest rates for employers, parents andyoung people seeking access to the different types of credit. 5. Access to financial sector and capital market developmentPromote widespread access to the processes that the system offersFinancial. Likewise, we believe that the capital market has immensepotential for major projects and companies of different sizes, and fordiversification of risk. Aggressive in developing initiatives in both fieldsto put these two fronts at the level of social and productive needsthe country as well as the financing of our physical infrastructure. 6.Financial services thinking the least advantagedFacilitate banks to reach the poorest families with loansfor productive activities and services that support saving to alower cost. To achieve this we will work together with the financial sector andcommunities, streamlining regulation, creating incentives and extendingfinancial education to all Colombians.
7.Let us find our oil Our basement is the oil and gas we need to grow and generate employment. We will keep all the profits for investment keep looking and finding these resources, and thus have the peace of mind our own energy that energizes our development. 8.More variety = more quiet We will have peace of mind if we do not depend on one source to meet our energy needs. In addition to the energy generated by hydropower, we will give every incentive for the Guajira gas and the eastern plains, biofuels and alternative sources do a contribution to energy supply, within a framework of economic efficiency. 9. Clear rules to ensure supplies Adjust the regulatory framework for infrastructure to be built giving reliability to the gas supply, and we will keep regulation at electricity that has enabled the sector to grow strongly and exports to other countries. International trade should complement the local markets.
10. Clean energy for zones not connected From being able to cook food and work, until they can receive care adequate medical, energy is vital for millions of Colombians. Unfortunately those living in areas not interconnected (ZNI) depend fuel power plants, polluting and operate certain times of day. In ZNI will increase the opportunities to use alternative energy for a reliable supply and less polluting. Comparation: Mockus and Santos would use the technology for education in developing capacities and opportunities. Mockus wants to develop markets to become more dynamic as Asians. Santos has not talked about the international market rather encouraged in the domestic market by increasing the market in each of the capitals. Mockus strength will instititucion under the state and put a plan in place the infrastructure to build roads, ports, airports, railways and power generation projects. Santos wants aggressive initiatives in each area depending on the height of the social needs of the country, as well as the financing of infrastructures are physical
Mockus socials proposals: 1. In preschool, we'll target our efforts to achieve 90% coverage and to have qualified personnel in charge of the institutions responsible for it. 2. Strengthen the Integral Program for Early Childhood Care, oriented to give priority to the poorest children, so they are not disadvantaged in their development potential for life. 3. Substantially improve the quality of public basic education by building schools and colleges of high quality, increased study time, gradually shifting from half-time to full-time, the improvement of teaching practices in the classroom, manning of teaching aids, including libraries and computers in classrooms, and comprehensive cooperation between students, teachers and parents. Raising the level of public schools, so that their quality is rapidly approaching that of the best private schools. 4. In elementary and secondary education, our policies take into account the particularities of each region. Strengthen the National Program for Rural Education to reduce the education gap between rural and urban areas. We will create the conditions for teachers in rural areas to ensure their stay in classrooms throughout the school year.
5. Foster the social recognition of the work of teachers and strengthen their training through an ongoing training program for teachers at all educational levels, with the collaboration of universities, businesses and government. We will increase the research capacity of universities that train teachers. 6. Reduce the dropout rate at ages 12-16 years to a third of the current and increasing access to higher education. The "I Retiro" combine financial support, psychosocial support and improvements in infrastructure. Young people from the poorer strata remain in secondary education, and strive to graduate from high school, will have financial support for their access to technical, technological and university. 7. We will increase the coverage of technical and technological education with funding from ICETEX, institutions of higher education and SENA. This increased coverage will be tied to sectoral and regional needs. Adopt quality standards for the efforts of young people will be rewarded in the labor market. In particular, restructuring the SENA to operate within the systems of quality assessment of the Ministry of Education. 8. As for higher education the main goal is to improve quality. We will pursue a program of training university teachers in master's and doctoral degrees, to increase the number of teachers and teachers plant with masters and doctorate.
9. Promote comprehensive reform and broad social discussion of the Higher Education Law No. 30, to overcome barriers to access and respond to the challenges facing quality and relevance. 10. To ensure the quality of higher education, review and update the scheme of accreditation of academic programs and evaluation mechanisms, making the results public. 11. We favor research and innovation in higher education and review the institutional design related education, research and production sectors, to have better coordination. 12. There will be a fellowship program to support low-income college students. 13. We have the political will to make the necessary investment in education, culture, science, technology and innovation. The mechanisms of funding for this vision contemplate the establishment of a fund of up to 15% of the shares of Ecopetrol. This project is unprecedented in Colombia's recent history, and is one of the axes for the social and economic transformation of the country. 14.Mockus wants health is free for minors, extend the coverage and quality of health services and education.
15. We will make structural reforms in the health system, based on a dialogue with patients, physicians, nurses, hospitals, insurers, businesses and health care institutions, researchers and local authorities to achieve an integrated system, with real capacity to coordinate different sectors that contribute to the provision of services, accessible to all people, quality, equitable and appropriate, managed in an efficient, well run and well managed. 16. Simplify the institutional design of the health system to improve its administration, to facilitate their supervision and control of corruption. 17. The definition of a single plan of health benefits provided by Law 100 but unfulfilled until today, and is regularly updated, is a first step in resolving the financial problems of the system. In all matters relating to POS, it is essential to respect the scientific and professional autonomy of doctors. Mechanisms will be reviewed health financing to ensure sustainability in the future. The use of health resources will be controlled in the most strict. 18.Seek to develop more effective prevention systems. Will revitalize the national public health programs to achieve greater impact. We will focus on compliance with the obligations of local authorities and the EPS. We will give priority to environmental sanitation (water, air, solid waste, soil) as a strategy to ensure the good health of the citizens.
19.We will increase the public budget for social housing, resources and forms of subsidies and strengthen the capacity of public banks to meet credit demands, focusing its application in population with the highest deficit. The policy of subsidies for social housing will integrate and harmonize the different funding sources to expand its coverage and application methods to reduce production costs of housing and facilitating citizens' access to appropriate housing solutions. 20. The nation will strengthen the capacity of municipalities to improve their performance in social housing. In coordination with enforcement agencies must be monitored for decentralized management of housing policy. 21. Promote associative forms of housing construction, through programs of technical assistance and support, in coordination with municipalities. 22. We will promote co-financing and subsidy schemes in the construction of utility networks, in coordination with the companies providing these services and the municipalities. Policies and programs in this area promote the rational and efficient in ecological terms, and practices such as recycling, reduce environmental impacts. 23.We will encourage housing construction with plant materials and technology development associated with these homes.
24. The rural social housing will have the same attention as the rest of the social housing. Programs to support rural social housing the population centers in rural areas include the provision of basic social services.
Santos proposals: 1.Multiples ways to retrieve the roofWe will give access to subsidized housing to single mothers, adults elderly, disabled and ethnic communities in state of forced displacement. The proposed housing solutions may contemplating the purchase of new or used, improvement and / orrental housing, construction and even the lot or land itself. It will be essential for certification of farms. 2. Housing unhinderedTwo major obstacles to Colombia alive the miracle of construction massive housing are the excessive amount of rules and complex definition task. Seek regulatory reforms to allow faster urban works, including the creation of new neighborhoods and the transformation of existing ones. We will create the Ministry of Housing, City and Territory. 3. A single countryThe factors necessary for housing to be built are: land, builders, purchasers and funders families. Above ground There are many different regulations, so regulation unify and clarify the powers of national and municipal levels to unlock the problem of land for building. We will review the rules urban, to sort them by size of municipality and develop initiatives planning with the same criterion. In addition we will aidManagement to municipalities of less than 100 000 inhabitants.
4. Housing for all without much entanglementWe will make the processes to homeownership no longer a nightmare significantly expand resources and simplify the credit arrangements, which helps you to get the down payment, with subsidies to interest rates, which strongly energize the construction and sale of housing. Mexican model to replicate the success, ensuring sixmonths cash flows for the debts of housing. 5. From tenants to ownersFor thousands of Colombian families living in rental, use and occupation in fact, provide grants to acquire, if wish the houses that now inhabit or a similar alternative.We will help the overall improvement of housing, the legalization of “barrios” and the solution to tenements. Build decent housing for families still can not afford to take them on lease option purchase. Aid for foster homeownership to familiespoor, but they will also middle-class homes. 6. Santos wants to improve opportunities for children to find their vocation. Santos programs enhance individual talents to better creativity.
Comparation: Mockus wants to privatize schools, while Santos wants to improve creativity in schools for children to find their vocations go through talents. Mockus increase the public budget for social housing. Santos created the Ministry of Housing, cities and territories to increase the mass construction of housing. Mockus reformed health system structures under the Act 100 to improve the quality of health. Santos will continue the 1993 system, improve the bad of the system and continue with the good to improve the quality of health. For whom would you vote?
Andres Hernandez Bravo: I would vote in white. Juan Esteban Moreno: I would vote for Mockus.
Because: Andres Hernandez Bravo: 1.Because I don’t like the proposals of the candidates. 2.Because I don’t like how they could govern this country. 3.Because I like Vargas Lleras but he is not at the second round Juan Esteban Moreno: 1.Because it will be a different government where the hones and transparency will be important. 2. I think the government will give priority to the education and cultural change3.because Colombia will be a fair and non-violent