Social Studies Social Studies Theme: The Governmental System Presented by: Juan Esteban Moreno and Nicolas Guerrero Presented to: Diego Villamizar Grade: 5-B
1.How many Constitutions Colombia had prior to the 1886 Constitution?Colombia has ten constitutions.2. When was Slavery abolished?Slavery was abolished in 18533. What were the fundamental elements brought by the 1886 Constitution in regard to the President?It was bring chief executive and head of state.
4. What is the main power assigned to the President in a State of Siege in regard to legislation?That the president may issue decrees having the same force as legislation and my suspend laws incompatible with maintaining public order or waging war.5. What is a Constitutional Amendment?A constitutional amendment is a change to the constitution of a nation or a state. 6. What did the 1957 amendment to the Constitution change?The constitution changes were: The privilege position of the roman catholic church, starting that the “Roman, Catholic and Apostolic religion is that the nation” and as such is to be “protected” and “respected” by the public powers of state.
7. What were the main requirements to become President of Colombia? The conditions to be elected as a president is to be native-born Colombian at least fifty-five years of age and in full possession of his or her political rights. The constitution also requires the president to have had previous service as a congressional or cabinet member, governor, or governmental official . 8.What was the goal of the 1968 amendment to the constitution? Amendments adopted in December 1968 reaffirm a president’s ability to declare a state of emergency and allow the executive to intervene selectively in specific areas of the economy to prevent crises or facilitate development plans.
9. What is a bureaucracy? An administrative system in which the need or inclination to follow rigid or complex procedures impedes effective action: innovative ideas that get bogged down in red tape and bureaucracy. 10. Why did President Barco on 1988 launched the initiative: Acuerdo de la Casa de Nariño or Nariño House Accord? President Barco responded to a wave of attacks by drug traffickers and guerrillas by launching an effort to rewrite the Constitution and make it a more effective weapon in the fight against violence. He also wanted to streamline the state to permit authorities to better deal with political and drug-related crimes.
11.What did the 1957 amendment to the Constitution change? The 1957 amendments essentially changed the nature of the government from a competitive system characterized by intense party loyalties and political violence to a coalition government in which the two major parties shared power. 12. Explain the concept State of Siege? A state of siege is a situation in which a government or other authority puts restrictions on the movement of people into or out of a country, town, or building.
13. To your regard what is a Constitution?(Abstain from copying a definition, define it on your own) A constitution is a set of rules for government often codified as a written document that enumerates the powers and functions of a political entity. 14. What is the main power assigned to the President in a State of Siege in regard to legislation? The main power assigned to the president in a sate of siege is to legislate.
15.What is a Plebiscite? A plebiscite is a popular vote on a proposal which includes the entire populace. 16. What is a Cabinet Minister? A minister is a politician who holds significant public office in a national or regional government 17. What are the main functions of Congress? The functions of the congress are to reorganized the courts and the judicial processes
18. Who elects Congress? The persons who elects the congress are the community. 19. Who elects the members of the Supreme Court? Who elects the supreme court members is the senate. 20. What was the National Front and what was its main objective? The National front was the united of 2 rival parties and is objective was envisioned as a bipartisan way to end the la violencia, and dictatorial rule.