Mohamed Sámi Pekhit
IN THE FIRST TERM, WE
* Windows is Graphical User Interface (GUI).
* initial windows screen, access you to all your
windows functions ,programs and documents .
* are Pictures on desktop that link the user to programs
or document files .
* a rectangle on screen containing everything to do with that
program. multiple windows can be opened at the same time.
* is strip at the bottom of desktop and contains the (start)
button , buttons’ used programs ,notification area and (time)
* window that opens when you select some commends,
containing fields to select.
*an area in dialog box, either containing information
about dialog box or for you to enter information.
Is used to select items on Screen. (mouse , light pen
,…etc), to point any thing press one click , to active and
open any program perss two clicks.
The Pointing Device
How to start your computer and log on safely.
* Ensure that the computer components and screen
are plugged in and switched on at the wall.
* locate the power switch on your system unit and
* wait while the computer powers up and runs
through itself tests.
if you are not connected to network ,to log onto your profile
,you will only select your name from those listed and will be
asked to enter you password .
If your computer is attached to a network , you must enter
your user name and password to access the network and
After that windows will load landscape view “desktop”.
The start menu
Will open when you press on (start) button
(documents) store letters, reports, notes, other kides of
(Pictures) store digital photos, images and graphics files.
(music) store your music and other audio files.
(Games) access to games on your computer.
(Recent Items) A shortcut to recent files that you have viewed.
(Computer) access to disk drivers , camera and any hard-
ware connected to your computer.
(Network) open windows explorer, with your network
(connect to ) connect to the internet and other networks.
(control panel) open control panel window.
(Devices and printer ) to view and manager devices , printers.
(default programs) select which program will be used.
(Help and Support ) search for support and advice on any
(Run) one way to open afile, folder, program or web site.
(search programs and files) search programs and files.
(power options) available power options.
* (start) button >> (All programs) >> (Microsoft office)>> (Microsoft
office word 2010) >> new>> blank document on screen .
Open a text editing application
* identifies the application and the name of the current file.
* contains commands to open , save , print and close document.
* provides buttons for the most frequently used commands in an
Quick access toolbar
* 3 buttons sit at the right of the title bar to resize and close a
* flashing shows where the next typed char will appear .
* horizontal and vertical .
* displaying information about selected command or operation in
* to adjust page magnification on screen .
* Access to all the application’s commands.
* Bars to the right and bottom of window.to view
different parts of the document.
* displayed for the most frequently used commands.
* gives access to all commands available
within the program.
* move the pointer onto the title bar of window.
* click and drag the window around the destop.