Best Practices for Application Migration to Public Clouds
Talk given at Interop May, 2013.
Whether you are thinking of migrating 1 application or 8000 applications to the cloud, the odds of success increase if best practices are followed. Do you know what those best practices are?
As hustler Mike McDermott said in the 1998 poker movie Rounders, “If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.”
Anyone with a credit card can sit at the table of trying to move applications to public clouds. Those who want to succeed, study and learn from consistent winners. There are some hands to fold, some to play cautiously, and some to play aggressively.
This session covered best practices from helping 15 Fortune 1000 companies successfully migrate to cloud solutions.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to improve their odds of successfully migrating applications to public clouds.
• What are the key business considerations to address prior to migration?
• Which application workloads are suitable for public clouds?
• Which applications to replatform? Which to refactor?
• What are key considerations for replatforming and refactoring?
• What are key cloud application design concepts?