On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Image vs Direct• Image Marketing • small impressions / lots of ‘em• Direct Marketing • conversion focused / predisposed only
Extroverts vs Introverts How do you treat people on the Web?
Web users are...• Smart• Incredibly impatient• Introverted
Online Marketing Success in 10 steps
Focus on the user 90.91% Self Focused!Resources to look at: http://www.futurenowinc.com/wewe.htm
1. Grab ‘em with a headline What’s in it for me? Read why: http://www.schipul.com/en/art/?2
2. Make your product the hero Read why: http://www.schipul.com/en/art/?3 www.kolachefactory.com
3. Calls to action Read why: http://www.schipul.com/en/art/?4 www.pharmacytechnician.org
4. Consistent branding Visual and text branding is important.Your visitors need to know they are in the right place. www.nike.com www.bk.com Read why: http://www.schipul.com/en/art/?5
5. Make it easy to contact you • Mini contact forms • Physical address and phone numbers • Embedded ‘Contact Us’ links
6. No surprises • Visitors should know within seconds who you are and what you can do for them • Give visitors what they expect • Use industry appropriate imagery and colors
7. SEO is the way to goAre you writing what you mean to say? Optimize it! www.schipul.com/en/sem/keywords/
8. Use testimonialsWhat do your clients say about you?
9. Interact with your visitors • Before and After shots • Interactive video see: (www.mybeautifulbody.com) Industry-speciﬁc special features see: (www.musicovery.com)
Marketing the Children’s Museum 1. No surprises 2. The brand is the hero 3. Consistent branding 4. Interactive elements 5. Calls to action 6. Easy to contact 7. Privacy
Search Engine Domination• Search Engine Marketing is awesome: ‣ Clients come to you, not you to them ‣ Cheaper and faster than traditional marketing ‣ Easily measurable ROI
What is a search engine?
Content is King!Search engines are all about:1. Great content2. Links/reputation
Don’t be evil
Telling your story new old Image thanks to Organic (www.organic.com)
Putting the Social in ‘Social Media’ Real World and Virtual World collision• Connect• Interact• Share• Learn
Content is still King www.youtube.comwww.flickr.com http://del.icio.us
Facebook - Not just for college kids• Fan pages grow camaraderie• Share your knowledge• Create buzz for events / campaigns• Brand exposure with Facebook ads Main: www.linkedin.com Houston Zoo on FB: www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-Zoo-Inc
Twitter includes others in ongoing StoryMain: Houston Children’s Museum: www.twitter.com/ www.twitter.com cmhoustonTwitter Search: http://search.twitter.com
To Re-Cap• The Web responds like Direct Marketing (usually)• Web users act like introverts• Web Marketing fundamentals - simple yet powerful• Google is your best/worst friend• Social Media - powerful, effective and fun
Thank you!Ed Schipul, CEOSchipul - The Web Marketing Company11757 Katy Freeway, Suite 930Houston, TX 77079 USAwww.schipul.comwww.brandtobedetermined.comv. (281) 497.6567f. (281) 497.1083