1. Harnessing the chaos of Social Media
To encourage collaboration and engagement
www.schipul.com // www.brandtobedetermined.com
Powerful women growing their community online
3. What we’ll talk about...
• Joining in the online conversation
• Tools of the Web 2.0 trade
• Online reputation management
Empower yourself with online technology!
9. ... and people you know are already participating!
10. But how do they do it?
11. User Generated Content rocks!
12. Social Media Tools
Welcome to the Blogosphere
• Powerful connectors
13. Tulsa marketing geeks share life and lessons
14. Event marketers share the love
15. Social Media Tools
Podcasts - How an iPod makes you smart
• Low-tech recorded online
• Amazing knowledge sharing
• Listen on your computer at your
16. IBM talks with retailers about future of business
17. Tulsa Traditional Media hip to podcasting
18. Social Media Tools
RSS - Monitor the Commotion
How does it all work?
19. Addictive and essential Google Reader: www.google.com/reader
20. Social Media Tools
Online B2B video - no popcorn required
• Tell your company story
• Show off your expertise and
instruct others (be generous!)
• Be genuine
Mitsubishi Electric’s Tachi Kiuchi
21. Microsoft employees add to company story
22. Gallaudet Univ. speaks to their true audience
Alumni newsletter on YouTube School president semester update on Web site
Who is your audience and what can you share with them?
24. Library of Congress teaches online
25. TulsaNow - Passionate citizens explore your world
27. Social Media Tools
Social Networks - Connective and effective
• Leverage existing networks
• Reach out to audience in a familiar
and comfortable environment
• Evangelize your brand
28. Facebook - Not just for college kids
• Fan pages grow camaraderie
• Share your knowledge with:
- Facebook apps
- ‘Share’ feature
- News feed
• Ridiculously good brand exposure
with Facebook ads
29. Edelman PR pro interacting with businesses
30. Social Media Tools
Social Bookmarking - Sharing the love
• Organized and accessible spot for all of your
http://del.icio.us • Share links with people that have similar
Popular bookmarking topics of interest
• Get great brain candy in return
• Easy automatic Blog posts!
Found is the new search
31. Social Powerpoint-ing with Slideshare
• Be famous
• Find other brains like you
Find Ed’s presentation at
32. It’s all connected - be consistent, keep it simple
33. Reputation Management
in a Web 2.0 World
34. What are they saying about you?
Powerful Social Media search
engine watches for your terms and
Email updates for your
company name and
Yahoo! alerts you of any
occurrences of deﬁned terms
35. Track the Blogosphere buzz
Google Trends search:
36. How do you compare to your competition?
Great visuals to track you
and your competition’s online
activity and Buzz
37. Locate communities and boards to know
• Where does your industry
Where to start:
• Where do businesses share
feedback online? • www.boardtracker.com
• Find them, watch them and • http://messages.yahoo.com
38. Love thy feed reader!
39. Find something less-than-great
about your business online?
40. Deal with it! NOW!
41. Timeliness and sincerity mean everything
• Draft response strategy beforehand
• Back it up with visible action!
• A crisis is NOT the time to start a Blog
42. BE HEARD!!!
43. Grow your brain
44. Empower those around you
45. Social Media Review
• Join the conversation
• Great for Communication Pros
• Keep an eye on your Online Reputation
46. Thanks for participating today!
CEO, Schipul - The Web Marketing Company
www.schipul.com // www.tendenci.com
Find my slides on Slideshare: www.slideshare.net/eschipul