Complete Current Affairs questions from June 2014.
suitable for all competitive exams
Banking and Finance, National News, International News, Science and Technology, Prize and Award Winners, Sports Updates
June 2014 Complete Current Affairs - including Banking and Finance
June 2014 Complete Current Affairs - Including Banking and Finance
1) Name India’s largest warship which was dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister of India,
Narendra Modi on 14 June 2014?
Ans. INS Vikramaditya
Note: During his visit to warship INS Vikramadtya off Goa coast in Arabian Sea, the Prime Minister
was given a ceremonial guard of honour by the Navy and was briefed about the warship. INS
Vikramaditya has been acquired from Russia for over 15000 crore rupees. The deal for the warship was
signed in 2004 during previous NDA regime. It has been dedicated to the nation after a gap of 10 years.
2) Who was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Infosys on 11 June 2014?
Ans. Vishal Sikka
Note: Vishal Sikka will take over as the CEO on 1 August 2014. He will succeed the current Chief
Executive and Managing Director S.D. Shibulal. Earlier, he worked as non-founder Chief Executive
Officer of SAP AG and a former executive board member of SAP AG. Vishal Sikka is a doctorate in
computer science from Stanford University. It is for the first time that the Infosys did not choose one
of its founders for the role.
3) Google on 10 June 2014 confirmed the purchase of which Satellite Firm for 500 million US dollar?
Ans. Skybox Imaging
4) Who was on 7 June 2014 appointed as the Solicitor General of India?
Ans. Ranjit Kumar
Note: The Solicitor General (SG) of India is subordinate to the Attorney General for India (AG).
5) Who won the French Open title 2014 for the ninth time on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Rafael Nadal of Spain
Note: He is the first men to win five French Open titles in a row. He defeated Novak Djokovic in the
6) Who was sworn-in as the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after bifurcation on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Chandrababu Naidu
Note: Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath of Naidu and his cabinet at Acharya
Nagarjuna University, Guntur on 8 June 2014.
7) World Blood Donor Day was observed across the world on 14 June 2014 with the theme?
Study materials by “Letz Talk” => A complete Current Affairs solution
Ans. Safe blood for saving mothers.
8) Name the eminent Malayalam scientist-turned-writer who was selected for the prestigious
Moortidevi Award for 2013 on 13 June 2014?
Ans. C Radhakrishnan
Note: He has been selected for his novel Theekkadal Katanhu Thirumadhuram. Moortidevi award is
presented by the Bhartiya Jnanpith and carries cash prize of four lakh rupees, a plaque and a statue of
9) Which state assembly passed a Bill on 13 June 2014 to put a complete ban on dance bars across the
10) Name the Indo-French Air Exercise, which was concluded on 13 June 2014 in Jodhpur Air Base?
Ans. Garuda V
Note: The exercise between the air forces of both countries started on 2 June 2014 saw various combat
roles including Air to Air refueling.
11) India on 13 June 2014 became a permanent signatory to Washington Accord. The Accord was
signed by National Board of Accreditation at a meet of International Engineering Alliance of WA
member countries held in?
Ans. Wellington, New Zealand.
12) Narmada Control Authority (NCA) on 12 June 2014 gave its approval to Gujarat government to
raise the height of Sardar Sarovar Dam on Narmada River in Kevadia to ........... meters from present
13) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 12 June 2014 released commemorative postage stamps on the
2014 FIFA World Cup. What is the slogan of FIFA World Cup 2014?
Ans. All In One Rhytm.
14) Name the four Standing Committees of the Cabinet which was decided to be discontinued by
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 10 June 2014?
Ans. 1) Cabinet Committee on Management of Natural Calamities
2) Cabinet Committee on Prices
3) Cabinet Committee on World Trade Organisation Matters
4) Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India related issues
15) Who was appointed as the additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on 9
Ans. PK Mishra
Note: He is a retired IAS officer of 1972 batch of the Gujarat cadre.
16) Who was crowned as Miss USA 2014 on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez
17) Who was sworn-in as the President of Egypt in Cairo on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Note: He is the fifth Egyptian President to come from Army and will be the president for four years.
18) Name the Foreign Minister of China who was on a two-day long visit to India from 8 June to 9 June
Ans. Wang Yi
19) Name the leading NRI industrial who was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by a
UK-based business association on 13 June 2014?
Ans. Lord Swraj Paul
Note: He is the founder of the UK-based steel and engineering multinational company Caparo that
first began operations in the West Midlands under the banner of a small company called L K
20) Who was elected as the President of 69th Session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on
11 June 2014?
Ans. Sam Kahamba Kutesa
Note: He is Uganda’s Foreign Affairs Minister. The theme for the 69th session is “Delivering on and
Implementing a Transformative Post-2015 Development Agenda”.
21) World Day against Child Labour was observed across the world on 12 June 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Extend social protection: combat child labour.
22) The three day Leh Festival began in Leh region of which state on 12 June 2014?
Ans. Jammu & Kashmir
23) Name the biography of 91-year-old-thespian Dilip Kumar which was released on 10 June 2014 in
Mumbai by Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Aamir Khan?
Ans. The Substance and the Shadow: authored by Uday Tara Nayar
24) Who was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief of Strategic Forces Command on 13 June 2014?
Ans. Lt Gen Amit Sharma
Note: He replaced Vice Admiral SPS Cheema.
25) Which Indian won Silver Medal in men’s 10-meter air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup Shooting
in Munich on 11 June 2014?
Ans. Jitu Rai
Note: The Gold was clinched by Pablo Carrera of Spain and Bronze was bagged by Pavlo Korostylov
26) Canara Bank on 10 June 2014 opened its seventh overseas branch in which city?
Ans. New York, USA
27) Which former Indian cricket captain, joined the Mudgal Committee on IPL spot-fixing as an expert
on cricketing affairs on 8 June 2014?
Ans. Sourav Ganguly
28) 40th G-7 summit 2014 was held from 4 June 2014 – 5 June 2014 at?
Ans. Justus Lipsius building, Brussels
29) UN General Assembly on 7 June 2014 announced an award in honour of which famous leader, who
Ans. Nelson Mandela
30) Jayalalithaa, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, on 11 June 2014 launched which salt as a part of
social welfare scheme in the state?
Ans. Amma Salt
Note: Amma Salt is manufactured by Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation limited (TNSC) under the State
31) Who was conferred with the prestigious Bharat Ratna JRD Tata Award for 2013 by the Aeronautical
Society of India (ASI) on 9 June 2014?
Ans. Somasundaram of Airports Authority of India (AAI)
32) Who was appointed as President of Reliance Jio Infocomm on 10 June 2014?
Ans. Sunil Dutt
33) Which airport won the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award by Airport Council International
(ACI) in the category of the best improved airport in Asia Pacific Region recently?
Ans. Kolkata Airport
34) Who became the first speaker of Telangana Legislative Assembly on 10 June 2014?
Ans. Sirikonda Madhusudhana Chary
35) Which Power Plant on 8 June 2014 became India’s first nuclear plant to generate 1000 MW power?
Ans. Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant
36) 6th International Nuclear Energy Forum ATOMEXPO-2014 was held from 9 to 11 June 2014 at?
Ans. Moscow, Russia
37) State Cabinet of Maharashtra on 13 June 2014 approved the long pending proposal to bifurcate
Thane district to carve out Palghar district from it. With the bifurcation there will be total how many
districts in Maharashtra?
38) IUCN released the Red List of Threatened Species on 12 June 2014. Expand IUCN?
Ans. International Union for Conservation of Nature
39) Who was elected as 10th president of Israel on 10 June 2014?
Ans. Reuven Ruby Rivlin
40) Uttarakhand Assembly session was held for first time outside Dehradun from 9 June to 11 June
41) Who was sworn-in as the President of Ukraine in Kiev on 7 June 2014?
Ans. Petro Poroshenko
42) Who took charge as US interim Ambassador to India on 6 June 2014?
Ans. Kathleen Stephens
1) Who was unanimously elected as Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha on 6 June 2014?
Ans. Sumitra Mahajan
Note: She replaced Meria Kumar and became the second women presiding officer of the Lok Sabha. She
was elected after a motion moved by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was adopted by voice vote called
by pro tem Speaker Kamal Nath. Sumitra Mahajan, BJP Party leader from Indore constituency, is the
longest serving woman Member of Parliament (MP) and this is her eighth terms as MP.
2) World Environment Day (WED) was observed across the world on 5 June 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Small islands and climate change and slogan raise your voice not the Sea level
3) Which state became the 29th State of India with Hyderabad as its capital on 2 June 2014?
4) Where is the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2014 scheduled to be held from 23 July to 3 August
Ans. Glasgow, Scotland
5) Who was sworn-in as the pro tem Speaker of 16th Lok Sabha on 4 June 2014?
Ans. Kamal Nath
6) Who was given additional charge of the Ministries of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and
Drinking Water and Sanitation on 4 June 2014?
Ans. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
Note: Additional charges were given to him due to the death of Gopinath Munde who was holding the
above ministries. Nithin Gadkari is already Union Minister for Surface Transport & Shipping.
7) Which state government on 3 June 2014 announced the enhancement of the retirement age of
government employees from 58 to 60 years?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir
8) Who was appointed as new test captain of South African cricket team on 3 June 2014?
Ans. Hashim Amla
9) Who has topped the Forbes annual list of Most Powerful Women 2014 in the world?
Ans. German Chancellor, Angela Merkel
10) Who has sworn-in as the first Chief Minister of Telengana, which became the 29th state of Indian
Ans. Chandrashekhar Rao
11) What is the name of World’s first humanoid robot that can communicate and read emotions which
was unveiled in Japan on 5 June 2014 by a mobile phone company Softbank Corp?
12) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at .................. won the Roll of Excellence award, given by Airport
Council International (ACI) in Seoul, South Korea on 27 May 2014?
13) India has overtaken Germany and Italy to emerge as the world's second largest textile exporter
behind which country?
14) 40th G-7 summit 2014 was held from 4 June 2014 – 5 June 2014 at?
Note: Originally, a G8 summit was scheduled to take place in Sochi (Russia) in early June 2014 under a
Russian presidency. Due to the Russian Federation's violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial
integrity, the G7 leaders decided to meet in Brussels on 4-5 June 2014 in the G7 format instead.
15) Which country will become the 19th country to adopt Euro as a Single currency from 1 January
16) Which country on 5 June 2014 announced to introduce a new legislation bill Recall of Member of
Parliament (M.P.) Bill, which will allow voters to sack misbehaving MPs?
17) Who won the Presidential election for the third time in Syria recently?
Ans. President Bashar al-Assad
18) Who became the first Indian to receive the prestigious Harvard Medal on 29 May 2014?
Ans. Mahindra Group Chairman Anand G Mahindra
19) State government of Madhya Pradesh recently appointed whom as the brand ambassador of its
maternal and child health campaign, Mamta Abhiyan?
Ans. Madhuri Dixit
20) Who took over the charge of Western Naval Command (WNC) as Commander-in-Chief on 6 June
Ans. Vice Admiral Anil Chopra
21) Who was appointed as Micromax Chairman on 5 June 2014?
Ans. Sanjay Kapoor
Note: Sanjay Kapoor was a former CEO of Bharti Airtel.
22) Who was sworn-in as the President of El Salvador on 1 June 2014?
Ans. Salvador Sanchez Ceren
23) Who was sworn-in as President of Malawi on 31 May 2014?
Ans. Peter Mutharika
24) Which Indian was on 5 June 2014 appointed as member of a UN Expert Panel on Technology and
Innovation in UN peacekeeping?
Ans. Lieutenant General (retired) Abhijit Guha
25) What is India's position in the ICC ODI team rankings released on 4 June 2014?
Note: Australia at 1st position and Sri Lanka at second position.
26) Which Airport in India was ranked as second best airport in the world in service quality among
airports that handle 25 to 40 million passengers per annum (MPPA)?
Ans. Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) of Delhi
27) Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in first week of June 2014 launched a new four-minute
video titled .................. to highlight the health and economic impacts of tobacco consumption?
Ans. The Price We Pay
28) State government of Uttar Pradesh on 6 June 2014 constituted a four-member Special Investigating
Team (SIT) to probe the Badaun gang rape and murder case. Who will head it?
Ans. Circle Officer of Ujhaini, Mukesh Saxena
29) Who won the 2014 Bailey's Women's Prize for Fiction on 4 June 2014 for her first novel A Girl is a
Ans. Irish author Eimear McBride
30) Global Day of Parents was observed across the world on?
Ans. 1 June 2014
1) Which country won the 2014 edition of Men’s Hockey World Cup for second successive time on 15
Note: Australia won against the Netherlands with 6-1 in the final held at Kyocera Stadium in The
2) Which country won the 2014 edition of Women’s Hockey World Cup held in The Hague,
Netherlands on 14 June 2014?
Note: They defeated Australia 2-0 in the final. This is Netherlands seventh title. It previously won the
titles in 1974, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1990 and 2006.
3) Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi made his first foreign tour to which country on 15 June 2014
to 16 June 2014?
Note: He was accompanied by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, National Security Advisor
Ajit Doval and Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh. A grand welcome was accorded by Bhutanese King
Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay.
4) Name the India-born Mexican plant scientist who was honoured with the World Food Prize for the
Ans. Sanjaya Rajaram
Note: The prize was established in 1986 by Dr. Norman Borlaug to focus the world’s attention on
hunger and on those whose work has significantly helped efforts to end the hunger. The award will be
presented to Rajaram in Des Moines, Iowa in October 2014.
5) Name the Booker Prize winning author who was on 20 June 2014 named as the winner of 2014 Pen
Ans. Salman Rushdie
Note: The Pen Printer Prize is an annual literary award was established in 2009 by writers’ charity
English Pen. It was formed in memory of famous British playwright and Nobel laureate Harold Pinter.
6) Who was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith award for 2013 on 20 June 2014?
Ans. Kedarnath Singh
Note: He is noted Hindi poet. He is the 10th Hindi writer to receive the honour and is the 49th recipient
of Jnanpith award.
7) Union Government on 19 June 2014 reconstituted six important Cabinet Committees of these .......
will be headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
Note: Remaining two will be headed by Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The six Cabinet Committees
include Security, Political Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Economic Affairs, Accommodation and
8) Indian Railways on 20 June 2014 increased the passenger fare by ...... percent in all classes and freight
charges by ....... percent respectively?
Ans. 14.2% and 6.5%
9) Name the left-arm Indian spinner who on 14 June 2014 announced his retirement from all forms of
Ans. Murali Kartik
10) Which city became first kerosene-free city in India on 16 June 2014?
Note: This was achieved after implementation of the Delhi: A Kerosene-Free Scheme launched in 2012
under which no subsidized kerosene were being issued in Delhi.
11) BL Joshi who resigned from his post on 17 June 2014 was the governor of?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
12) India’s first One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC) named Gauravi was launched in which city on 16 June
Ans. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Note: It was launched by the Bollywood actor Amir Khan. The centre is first of its kind in India for
women who are victims of violence. It will provide help and assistance to rape survivors and victims
of dowry harassment, domestic violence and other atrocities on women, all under one roof.
13) Which city in India recorded the highest consumption of cigarettes in India as revealed by the ICICI
Lombard Tobacco Consumption Habits 2014 survey released on 12 June 2014?
14) Which state on 17 June 2013 approved setting up of 500 water ATMs?
Note: These ATMs will provide citizens with an easily accessible, demand based and affordable supply
system. These ATMs will also supplement water supply, particularly in areas that faces crisis.
15) Name the Governor of Chhattisgarh who resigned on 18 June 2014?
Ans. Shekhar Dutt
16) Name the former Captain of Bangladesh who was on 18 June 2014 banned for eight years by the
disciplinary panel set up by the Bangladesh Cricket Board?
Ans. Mohammad Ashraful
Note: He was found guilty on four charges of fixing matches in Bangladesh Premier League of 2013.
17) Who was appointed as Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18 June 2014?
Ans. Rajeev Topno
18) Indian cricket team on 19 June 2014 won the three One Day International (ODI) series against
Bangladesh 2-0. Who was the captain of Indian team in the tournament?
Ans. Suresh Raina
Note: Stuart Binny of India was declared Man of the Series. Main highlight of the series was Stuart
Binny taking six wickets for four runs in the second ODI, which is best bowling figures by any Indian
in ODIs overtaking Anil Kumble who took 6 wickets for 12 against the West Indies in 1993 in Kolkata.
19) Who was elected as the first Assembly speaker of Andhra Pradesh after bifurcation on 20 June
Ans. Kodela Siva Prasada Rao
20) Name the world number one chess player who was on 18 June 2014 bagged the FIDE World Rapid
Chess Championship title in Dubai?
Ans. Magnus Carlsen
21) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on 15 June 2014 launched first Roof Top Solar Power Plant at
............ metro station in its attempt to conserve environment?
Ans. Dwarka Sec21
22) Who was appointed as the new Revenue Secretary on 14 June 2014?
Ans. Shaktikanta Das
23) Which company became the first real estate developer in the country to receive ISO Quality
Certification on 16 June 2014?
Ans. DLF Home Developers Ltd
24) India won 12 medals overall to finish 5th in final medal tally at the 16th Asian Junior Athletics
Championship held from 12 June to 15 June 2014 at?
Ans. Taipei City, China
25) Union Cabinet on 17 June 2014 appointed whom as arbitrator in Vodafone tax disputes case?
Ans. R C Lahoti, the Ex-Chief Justice of India (CJI)
26) Who became the first woman to be appointed on the board of the Reliance Industries on 18 June
Ans. Nita Ambani
27) Union Cabinet on 18 June 2014 approved constitution of a three-member Supervisory Committee to
look into issues of safety & restoration of which Dam?
Ans. Mullaperiyar Dam
28) Name the Taiwanese poet who translated 1330 couplets of Tirukkural (one of the collection of
sangam literature) and the poems of poet Subramanya Bharathi in Mandarin recently?
29) Who was re-elected as the President of Colombia on 15 June 2014?
Ans. Juan Manuel Santos
30) Name the Indian origin physicist Tejinder Virdee who was on 14 June 2014 honoured with
knighthood Bachelor by Queen Elizabeth II for his work on the Higgs Boson theory?
Ans. Tejinder Virdee
31) World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) was observed across the world on 17 June 2014 with
Ans. Land Belongs to the Future - Let’s Climate Proof It.
32) Name the surface-to-air missile test-fired by Indian Army on 18 June 2014?
Ans. Akash missile
33) Who was awarded with the first Tang Prize in sustainable development by the Tang Prize
Foundation on 18 June 2014?
Ans. Gro Harlem Brundtland
Note: Samuel Yin established the Tang Prize in December 2012. She is a former Prime Minister of
Norway and was awarded the prize for her innovation, leadership and implementation of sustainable
1) ISRO’s PSLV ........ was launched on 30 June 2014 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in
Ans. PSLV C23
Note: The PSLV C23 carried five satellites belonging to four countries namely France, Germany,
Canada and Singapore. All these five satellites were launched under commercial arrangements that
ANTRIX (ISRO’s commercial arm) has entered with the respective foreign agencies.
2) Name the Indian badminton ace who on 29 June 2014 won 750000 US dollar Australian Open Super
Series by defeating Carolina Marin of Spain in straight-game 21-18, 21-11 in final played at Sydney?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
3) Name the Governor of West Bengal who on 30 June 2014 tendered his resignation to the President of
India, Pranab Mukherjee?
Ans. MK Narayanan
4) 35th National Games to be held in which state from 31 January to 14 February 2015 as announced
5) Which country announced to honour Shahrukh Khan with Officer of the Legion of Honour for his
contribution to Cinema on 25 June 2014?
6) Who was formally appointed as the first Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a
period of two years from 2014 to 2016 on 26 June 2014?
Ans. N Srinivasan
7) UK firm East India Company on 23 June 2014 issued an exclusive legal tender gold coins in honour
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
8) Who on 19 June 2014 became the first Indian to win three medals in successive ISSF Shooting World
Ans. Jitu Rai
9) Who repalced Virat Kohli as the number One batsman in the ICC ODI batsman ranking released on
21 June 2014?
Ans. AB de Villiers
10) Which state Government on 26 June 2014 launched Amma Pharmacy (Amma Marundhagam) to
sell quality medicines at a lower price?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
11) Which Indian sand artist won the People's Choice prize at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting-2014
held in the Atlantic City of the US recently?
Ans. Sudarsan Pattnaik
Note: He won prize for his work Save Tree, Save the Future. This is first sand art world cup at USA
12) Which College for the first time in India has included the category of third gender in its application
forms for academic programs 2014-15 on 26 June 2014?
Ans. Pune’s Fergusson College
13) Ramanarayanan, the film director and producer who died on 22 June 2014 in Singapore at the age
of 65 is from which language?
14) Ancient Pyu Cities on 22 June 2014 became the first site from which country to be inscribed on the
UNESCO’s World Heritage Site List?
Note: The decision to include Myanmar’s first site on World Heritage list was taken at the 38th
session of the World Heritage Committee held in Doha, Qatar.
15) World Refugee Day was observed across the world on?
Ans. 20 June 2014
16) Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area (GHNPCA) was inscribed in the World
Heritage List by the World Heritage Committee. 38th session of the World Heritage Committee held on
23 June 2014 at?
Ans. Doha, Qatar
17) Which Indian received an honorary doctor of laws degree from York University in Toronto, Canada
on 21 June 2014?
Ans. TATA Group Chairman Ratan Tata
18) International Widows Day was observed across the globe on?
Ans. 23 June 2014
19) Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express on 25 June 2014 derailed near Chhapra in which state in which
four people were killed and eight were injured?
20) International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed every year on?
Ans. 26 June
Note: The theme of the 2014 is A message of hope: Drug use disorders are preventable and treatable.
21) The 11th century stepwell Rani-ki-Vav (Queen’s stepwell) which was included in the UNESCO’s
World Heritage List on 22 June 2014 is in which state?
22) Union Home Ministry on 23 June 2014 decided not to allow visa-free entry to nationals of which
23) Name the national air carrier of India which joined the global airlines grouping, Star Alliance on 23
Ans. Air India
24) Which state announced 33 percent reservation for women in its police force on 24 June 2014?
25) Union Cabinet on 25 June 2014 approved an in principle memorandum of understanding (MoU)
between India and which country for setting up industrial parks in the country?
26) Who was re-elected as Prime Minster of South Korea on 25 June 2014?
Ans. Chung Hung Won
27) Who was appointed as Chairman of Coal India Limited on 25 June 2014?
Ans. A.K. Dubey
28) Name the Indian cueist who on 29 June 2014 won his maiden IBSF 6-Red World snooker title at
Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt?
Ans. Pankaj Advani
29) Union Government on 24 June 2014 granted Navratna status to?
Ans. Engineers India Ltd (EIL) and National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
30) Which Indian-origin judge was appointed as 8th Attorney-General of Singapore on 25 June 2014?
Ans. V K Rajah
31) Who was named as the next president of the European Commission on 26 June 2014?
Ans. Jean-Claude Juncker
32) United Nations Public Service Day was celebrated on 23 June 2014 with the theme?
Ans. Innovating Governance for Sustainable Development and Well-being of the People.
33) Which became the 1000th site to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site List on 22 June
Ans. Okavango Delta in Botswana
34) Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on 23 June 2014 passed a Bill raising the retirement age of
government employees of bifurcated Andhra Pradesh to ..... years?
35) State Government of Odisha on 26 June 2014 raised the retirement age of its employees from 58 to
36) Which state on 26 June 2014 approved 16 percent reservation to Maratha community and 5 percent
to Muslims in government jobs and educational institutions?