View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
School & Team Expectations
Berkmar Middle School
• You are expected to pick up and eat breakfast
in the mornings prior to coming into homeroom.
• Food is not allowed to leave the cafeteria
unless you had a late bus.
• You must first get breakfast- no dropping off
your book bag or materials- and then come to
class after you have eaten. There is NO a
returning to the cafeteria once you come into
Morning Arrival (HR)
• When you enter the room you are
expected to look at the board and
identify what materials you need for
• After identifying materials needed, you MUST go
to your locker first! You WILL NOT have another
opportunity to go to your locker.
• No… running to get stuff you forgot or homework
in a textbook.
• There is no talking in the mornings- you must
work on assignments, study for a class, or read
silently. (sometimes you may have assignments
to complete by me!)
• If you enter the class after 9:20 you are LATE!
• To enter class, you must have a slip signed by the
front office. This is whether you have an excused
or unexcused tardy.
• EXCEPTION: If your bus is late it will be
announced. You then do not need a pass. This is
the ONLY EXCEPTION!
• Absences– if you are absent for what ever reason,
you must bring in a note signed by a parent the
following day. You have two days to remember to
bring in a note. It is YOUR responsibility to
remember and bring in a note.
• Every Wednesday at 8:15 is help day. All teachers
are available on this day from 8:15 until 8:50.
Students can visit any teacher during this time.
• This time is to be used for make up work, make up
tests/quizzes/projects, help and tutoring, or for
homework or class questions.
• This time is not for…..
• If any of the above are observed you will be asked
• If you need more help- speak to your teacher about
an additional time/day.
• You will have two opportunities to use your
locker- in the morning and afternoon.
• It is YOUR responsibility to learn how to open
your locker. You will be given a combination
and it is your job to keep it safe.
• Locker breaks are in the morning and in the
• You will NOT be allowed to go to your locker
during any class times.
• Any locker usage outside the designated times
will result in consequences.
• All students are to walk in a straight line. There
is no turning to your friends to talk. No talking to
other students from other classes. You have the
afternoons and mornings for socialization.
• Students are to stay in a straight line and face
forward at all times.
• Remember- you represent yourself, your peers,
and your team. You are to be respectful and
behave appropriately in the halls.
• You do not stop for water or the restroom
without permission from your teacher.
• You do not touch, write upon, or rip any thing
posted on the walls– be respectful.
• Assertive Discipline Plan- Any time you are given a
warning or consequence for your actions you are to
Sign the book: Mrs. Sample’s Book of choices
(THIS WILL BE INTRODUCED WHEN I RETURN).
Follow directions the first time asked by any
Come to class on time and prepared to learn
Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
Raise your hand and wait to be recognized
Follow all GCPS rules and expectations at all
• I will not use class time or interrupt the learning of
others to talk to you about behavior. If necessary,
you can ask at an appropriate time to talk with me
First Time- Warning
Second Time- Time- Out or Silent Lunch
Third Time- Teacher Detention + Phone Call
Fourth Time- Referral to Administrator +
Phone Call Home
FOOD, WATER, GUM
• There is no food in any class. No chips, no
muffins- NO FOOD. Food is not supposed to
leave the lunchroom. If this is observed, you will
• Water bottles are more than welcome in class,
however no soda, no sports drinks, nothing that
is colored which is a school policy. (Propel is
• GUM IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE SCHOOL- I
don’t care what other teachers allow you to do.
You will be required to spit it out in a if you are
caught with it!
• * ALL requirements can be found on the GCPS website
No Underwear showing- if I ask you to pull up your
shirt, I should not see underwear.
Please either tuck shoe strings into your shoes or tie
them- I don’t want you tripping.
No short shorts, skirts, or dresses- 8 inches above
the knee (finger tip)– and no pulling it down!
No stomach showing
No bra straps showing or underwear
No strapless shirts
Tank Tops must be at least 2-3 inches wide
Ripped jeans/shorts are in style. You may only wear
them if the rips are not too high and you have on
• The promotion criteria is much different this
year from last year or any other county.
• YOU MUST PASS 5 out of 6 classes. However
you are NOT allowed to fail math or language
• Semesters- You are now on semesters. You
will receive 2 report cards a year (January and
May). Each semester starts over, which means
grades will not roll over after winter break.
• Progress reports are sent home every 3 or 4 ½
weeks. You can always check your grades on
the student portal/ parent portal.
• You have assigned restroom breaks with
Academic #1 & Academic #3.
• You also will have a chance to use the restroom
before or after lunch.
• This is the time you take to get water and use
• This time is not used for playing, putting on
make up, correcting your appearance.
• You will wait in the hall silently and in a straight
line. There is no socializing while we wait on
your peers to finish.
* If you don’t have to go to the restroom- TRY!
• You are allowed to carry around book bags in
• Book bags are expected to stay in your
• They are to be placed under your desk or on
the back of your chair. You WILL NOT leave
them in the middle of the floor.
• You will not be allowed back in class to get any
materials you forgot once you leave class.
• Do NOT leave anything in the desks; unlike
elementary school, you will not stay in a class
all day. The desks are not yours- they are on
loan to you for the time you are in the
• You are allowed personal devices as long as a
waiver has been signed by your parent/
• Each teacher has different rules about devices-
however, one rule that we all have- USE IT
• Do not leave it, do not let others use it, do not
let it out of your possession. We will not stop
classes because it is missing or some one you
loaned it to has passed it off to someone else.
Social Studies Class
• You will need to have a 5-subject spiral
notebook with folder dividers no later than
• Every day you will need to have your agenda,
pencil/pens, and glue sticks. It is your
responsibility to make sure you have your
materials needed for class every day.
• Unlike Elementary school, it is not the teachers’
job to provide you with school supplies. Please
make sure you are prepared for class everyday.