• ES5a: Students know the Sun, an
average star, is the central and largest
body in the solar system and is composed
primarily of hydrogen and helium.
• ES5b: Students know the solar system
includes the planet Earth, the Moon, the
Sun, eight other planets and their
satellites, and smaller objects, such as
asteroids and comets.
A Tour of the Solar System
• The Solar System is mostly empty
• There is a star in the center of the
Solar System, our Sun.
• Four small planets orbit pretty close to
the Sun, these are the rocky
Terrestrial Planets, including our
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.