Graphical Password System
Recognition Based Techniques
Recall based techniques :
a) Pass Points (PP)
b) Cued Click Points (CCP)
Disadvantages of Existing System
• Token based system requires support of knowledge
• Text based passwords easily broken by brute force
and dictionary attacks.
• Biometrics based system is more complex and
Persuasive Cued Click Point (PCCP)
• Select a click-point
within the view port.
• Shuffle button to
randomly reposition the
• view port guides users
to select more
Password Guessing Resistant Protocol
Restrict password guessing attacks
limits the total number of login attempts
protection against key logger, spy ware
1. Chiasson, P.C. van Oorschot, and Robert Biddle, “Graphical
Password Authentication Using Cued Click Points” ESORICS ,
LNCS 4734, pp.359 374,Springer- Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
2. Usable Authentication and Click-Based Graphical Password by
Sonia Chiasson .
3. Persuasive Cued Click-Points: Design, implementation, and
evaluation of a knowledge-based authentication mechanism Sonia
Chiasson, Member, IEEE, Elizabeth Stobert, Alain Forget, Robert
Biddle, Member, IEEE, and P. C. van Oorschot, Member, IEEE
• There is a growing interest for Graphical
passwords since they are better than Text based
passwords, although the main argument for
graphical passwords is that people are better at
memorizing graphical passwords than text-based
• Persuasive Click point method provides greater
security than other graphical password methods.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.