Transcript of "Increase emaillistsizeonlinerevenue lo"
The audio for this webinar will be broadcast through your computer. Once you
join the presentation, a small audio broadcast box will appear on your screen
and you will hear the host through your computer speakers.
To join an Audio broadcast in WebEx, click on the Communicate menu in your
WebEx screen and select Join Audio Broadcast. If you are having problems
connecting with the audio broadcast server you can still join using the
teleconference. To join the teleconference follow the steps below:
1.Leave the audio broadcast by clicking on Communicate > Leave Audio
2.Get the teleconference number, click on Communicate > Join
If you are unable to listen to the audio through your computer and wish to dial
into the conference line, please use the information below.
Call-in toll-free number: 1-866-4106539 (US)
Call-in number: 1-660-4225471 (US)
Conference Code: 364 005 6
INCREASE EMAIL LIST SIZE AND ONLINE
REVENUE WITH LUMINATE ONLINE
• Non-profit landscape
• Online fundraising trends
• Strategies to drive results
• How Blackbaud customers are
who get email from an organization
over a lifetime
A LOOK AT WHAT’S TRENDING IN OVERALL & ONLINE
Overall giving in 2012 grew 1.7% on a
year over year basis..
Online giving grew 10.7% in 2012
compared to 2011.
Online giving also reached the year’s high
in December — accounting for 22.4% of
2012’s online gifts.
Online giving was up in 2012 for all
size organizations ranging from
7.2% increase to 14.3% increase.
WHY MULTI- CHANNEL IS A MUST!
Online growth continues to outpace offline
Retention is low and engagement isn’t multichannel
A 10% change in retention can increase the life time value of a donor base up to 200%.
To grow revenue you need to be diversified
Online creates a pipeline of prospects, supporters and engagement
Understand their complete view/preferences to create the right mix
Donors want to be seen as partners and are increasingly looking for more
meaningful ways of expressing their support than just giving donations.
Lifetime Donor ValueDonor Value 12 MonthsNew Donor Renewal Rate
THERE IS PROVEN VALUE IN INTEGRATED/MULTI-CHANNEL
Sources: Study entitled “Integrating Online Marketing (eCRM) with Direct Mail Fundraising” by Convio and StrategicOne
Traditional defined as offline use. Internet Enabled defined as both offline and eCRM use.
APPROACH TO CONSTITUENT ENGAGEMENT
Keys to Effective Execution:
1. Build on every conversation
2. Create a fully integrated
3. Get the most from each
4. Data-driven strategies for
treatment based on the
Fundraising for Blackbaud clients in 2012:
Email files grew 12.45%. All verticals saw
Fundraising continued double digit growth
as sustainers and repeat donors grew 27% and
20%, respectively. First time gifts grew 3%.20%
HOW ARE BLACKBAUD CLIENTS
WELCOME SERIES: COLLEGE POSSIBLE
AN OFFSEASON FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
Send 200 youths to
We still have 115
youth who need your
We’re able to send
178 youth – it’s not
too late to give
About Project Bread
• Leading anti-hunger organization in Massachusetts, dedicated to alleviating,
preventing, and ultimately ending hunger in Massachusetts.
- Invest millions in community organizations that feed children where they live, learn
• Increase awareness, maximize results of annual, one-day fundraiser
- The Walk for Hunger is the oldest continual pledge walk in the country
- Provides millions of dollars each year to more than 400 emergency food programs in
135 communities statewide
• Attract new participants to drive overall participation
• Increase total donations
- Every dollar raised helps feed more hungry people each day
CASE STUDY: PROJECT BREAD
• Launched re-designed Web site
- Improved online experience through use
of conditional content, frequent updates
- Web traffic increased more than 50%
during walk season
• Drove walk participation
- Increased # of participants by 106%
Increased online donations by 200%
• Increased online donations
- # of online donations rose 161%
- Average gift rose from $37.83 to $42.44
• Significant overall online results
- Email open rates reached 51%
- Only one additional staff member
SPECIAL EVENTS FUNDRAISING
Increased online donations
200% in two years;
Increased number of online
donations by 161% and
participants by 106%
One-third of a record-breaking
$3.3 million came online this
Gifts from 50 states and 20+
NOTABLE MENTION: SPECIAL EVENT FUNDRAISING
Raised a record $1.5 million
online, and $4 million in total
for the event
Online fundraising has
increased by 725% using
Use of Facebook and
YouTube helped reach new
audiences; use of Coaching
Emails helped to re-engage
past participants and donors
INTERESTED? GET IN TOUCH:
Your Blackbaud Account Executive can set up a personalized
discussion of your situation.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a personal
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.