1. Welcome to English 1A CR… It’s Time To Get Started!
2. First things first… you are probably wondering what you’ll be doing in English 1ACR? <ul><li>This course is an introduction to the important skills you need to be a good writer. These skills will help you in college, business, and life. This class will help you develop the technical writing skills and confidence to use those skills in communicating your ideas and thoughts in written form. In other words, you will learn how to write! </li></ul>
3. A road map to the class: Read important announcements here. Read all about Ms. Schindler in Staff Information. Click this button to join an Elluminate Live session. Click “Orientation” to learn about the class. These are the unit buttons that contain the lessons and assignments. Post your discussion assignments here. Find tips and tricks for the class in “Course Resources.” Send Ms. S an email by click on the “Messages” button. Get instant help by instant messaging Ms. S. If you are having technical issues, contact the “Help Desk” Check you current grade in the “My Grades” section.
4. Where do you start? <ul><li>Start by clicking on the “Biography” button on the menu. </li></ul><ul><li>Make sure you go through the sections in order. It is really important that you go through the class in order. If you skip around you may not have learned the skills needed to complete a certain assignment. </li></ul><ul><li>If you have any questions or need help, make sure to contact Ms. Schindler. </li></ul>
5. Submitting an Assignment: <ul><li>After you complete an assignment, you are ready to submit it for grading. </li></ul><ul><li>Step 1: Find the assignment you would like to submit. </li></ul>Assignments have a yellow folder next to the assignment name.
6. Submitting an Assignment: <ul><li>Click on the bottom link: Submit your assignment here. </li></ul>Click to submit your assignment.
7. Submitting an Assignment: <ul><li>Attach your assignment by clicking the “Browse” button. </li></ul>
8. Submitting an Assignment: <ul><li>Choose your assignment document to attach and press return or enter. </li></ul>
9. Submitting an Assignment: <ul><li>Click “submit” to send the assignment to the teacher for grading. </li></ul>
10. Have questions or need help? <ul><li>Email me: [email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Call me: 1-888-228-3682 Ext 5162 </li></ul><ul><li>Send a message through the class message center. </li></ul><ul><li>IM me by clicking the IM menu button. </li></ul>Please don’t hesitate to ask for help!