DESIGN TEAM OWNERS PROJECT MANAGER
Tessier Associates Architect URS Corporation
Margo Jones Architects
Guntlow & Associates
aCaerus Sustainable Solutions
Hesnor Engineering Company
Existing and Proposed Space at Hoosac Valley:
HIGH SCHOOL AREA 35,158 gsf 80,440 gsf
MIDDLE SCHOOL AREA 21,838 gsf 50,127 gsf
SHARED & ADMINISTRATION AREAS 91,309 gsf 44,133 gsf
VACANT POOL AREA 7,360 gsf 0 gsf
DISTRICT AREA 3,161 gsf 0 gsf
TOTAL GROSS BUILDING AREA 158,826 gsf 174,700 gsf
Building Environmental Improvements
• Reduced potable water consumption.
• Reduced energy consumption, significantly below current usage.
• Potential use of on‐site renewable energy (photo voltaic solar
• Improved ventilation and indoor air quality
• Improved lighting and automatic daylighting controls
• Removal of remaining asbestos containing materials.
• Regionally sourced materials, recycled products, and no v.o.c.
finishes will be used in the renovations and additions.
Site Environmental Issues
• The existing athletic fields are frequently inundated with stormwater.
Poor draining soils do not allow for infiltration rates fast enough to
keep fields dry.
• Currently storm drainage is collected and piped to existing wetland
resource areas. There are no provisions for removal of suspended
solids, infiltration or run‐off rate reduction.
• DEP will require the site to meet the Stormwater Management policy
development standards for a redevelopment project. A Stormwater
Operation & Maintenance Plan will need to be developed and
• Existing site lighting is outdated and inefficient. New fixtures would
reduce light pollution and provide higher, safer light levels while
using less energy.
The Goal of the Project will be to have a Green
Adams Cheshire Regional School Building Committee
Donald Sommer Alfred Skrocki Francis Waterman
Former Selectman / Superintendent Waterman Construction
Local Businessman 138 East Rd., 97 Main St.,
1 Sommer Hill Rd., Adams, MA 01220 Cheshire, MA 01225
Adams, MA 01220 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Timothy Luczynski Howard Wineberg
Daniel Delorey Facilities Mgr ‐ ACRSD Local Businessman /
Cheshire Selectman 35 Meadowview Dr., Former member of Finance
485 N State Rd., Cheshire, MA 01225 Committee / Chair of ACE Foundation
Cheshire, MA 01225 firstname.lastname@example.org 22 Highland Ave.
Berkshirecustomindex@msn.com Adams, MA 01220
David Hinkell email@example.com
Jonathan Butler Business Administrator/
Adams Town Administrator Chief Procurement Officer Gary Herzog
59 Notch Rd., 139 Cole Ave, Long time youth sports coach /
Adams, MA 01220 Pittsfield, MA 01201 Former member of Finance Board
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com 612 Notch Rd.,
Cheshire, MA 01225
John Duval firstname.lastname@example.org
School Committee Principal
22 Powers St, 175 Wilshire Dr. Scott Nichols
Adams, MA 01220. Cheshire, MA 01225 Athletic Director at MCLA /
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Adams Selectman
47 Walling Rd.,
Lynn Clairmont Adams, MA 01220
Paul Demastrie email@example.com
School Committee Finance Committee
20 Pleasantview Dr. 29 Leonard St.,
Cheshire, MA 01225 Adams, MA 01220