Skin Savvy- January 2013
Common mistakes people make with their skin regimen
1. Don’t rely on your Foundation, it doesn’t protect against UVA or UVB rays. Apply
lotionwith SPF, like CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM with SPF 30, and wait for
a few minutes and then apply foundation with SPF.
2. Don’t overly rinse your face with water; it will dry your face. Use Olay 2-in-1 Daily
Facial Cloths.It will work if you have oily or a combination of dry and oily skin.
3. Don’tyou get tired of buying the same anti-aging cream? Well your skin does. You
need a lotion with antioxidants, retinol or peptides. If you want a hero product, try
the new Super Cream by 3Lab.
4. Combining too much product can be bad for your skin. Ifyou have prescription
products, a pea-size amount is fine. For store products, buy creams that have active
ingredients like retinol, such as ROC Retinol Correxion Sensitive, and use a dime-size
5. Using a moisturizer over a brightener over a serum can make you think you are
winning the war against aging, but you're not. If you want to layer, invest in a
synergistic skincare line, like those in the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle
Repair collection, whose products are made to work together.
6. You should not overuse pore strips or toners. The more you use of the strips, the
bigger they look. Unless you battle with blackheads, trade the toner and strips for a
gentle glycolic exfoliate like BeautyRx Daily Exfoliating Therapy Serum by Dr.
7. Many people think that under-eye cream should be rich to prevent aging, but that's a
bad choice. Choose a lightweight product for under eyes, like the new Circ Cell
Rejuvenating Eye Gel, which also helps to diminish under-eye circles.
January 1st: New Year’s Eve
The best beauty products to ring in theNew Year with
Eye Shadow: A collection of nine exclusive resort-inspired eyes shadows from Too Faced.
This will glamourize your look and isdesigned to add depth and drama to your eyes.
Perfume:Whether you’re staying in your PJ party or dressing for the night, magnetic and
uncompromising, COCO NOIR reveals a black that is intimate, seductive and intensely
and making it the perfect fit for you.
Lip Gloss:This color by Chanel is so rich and full of shine, your lips will feel comfortable
and look beautiful.
Nail Polish:The seductive power of soft sandy beige nail polish is not to be
underestimated. If you want a natural nail polish color this color by Essie will do the job.
Illuminating Cream:Illuminator Brightening Complexion for your face can help lighten
sun spots, fine lines, under-eye circles and other skin discolorations.
Flat Iron:Whether it’s a sleek, straight style or wavy this Nume Flat iron can help you to
achieved whatever you want.
Skin New Year’s Resolutions: What should you add/take away/do differently in the
Happy New Year! Here are some recommendations from Skin Savvy. Most of us look back
and said how we are mentally, physically and spiritually. What is this newyear bringing
me? After we think all of these questions, we decide what is working, what is not and what
areas we need to improve on.
This New Yearis the perfect time to make personal commitments to help us improve in
those weak areas of our skin. The first step is to ask yourself what you want to change. The
next step is to have personal determination, the power to do better. With this in mind, here
are my suggestions for the New Year’s resolutions for better looking skin. Remember
beauty starts from within, so your body should behealthy.
1. You should know Your Skin Type: Knowing this can help you get the best
products to benefit you.
2. You should have a daily skin care routine. If you don’t have one, then make
one for yourself.
3. You should reduce your stress.This is very important. You will happier.
4. Try to sleepat least 8 hours of sleep each night. Sleeping keeps the
unattractive dark circles away and it reduces stress.
5. Drink plenty of liquids. Water helps youflush toxins out of your system.
6. Don’t forget to remove your make up at night. If you don’t, the dirt and other
oils will clog your pores will cause your face to break outs.
7. Remember to clean your makeup brushes once a week to avoid dirt or
bacteria to accumulate on your skin causing clogged pores and breakouts.
8. Take a shower after exercising and moisturize. It will help your skin look
clean and moist.
9. Protect your hands with cotton gloves or sleep with gloves in the morning you
feel your hands softer and smoother.
10. Keep your promises the whole year your skin will thank you!
Skin Savvy Service of the Month: Organic Spray Tan
This month Skin Savvy is offering the “Organic Spray Tan.” This service helps give
customers a natural glow without damaging their skin in a tanning bed. Spray tanning
brings positive effects of a natural looking tan without the risks of sun exposure. For a full
body spray tan it will be $35.00 and for Face and Upper or Lower Body prices will range
from $10.00 to $20.00 dollars. It’s recommend for anyone.
Tips to get that summer tan all year long
Here are some tips to get that Sumer tan all year long.
1. Exfoliate: If you exfoliate do it before the holiday to make sure that your body moist.
Dry skin will lead to peeling it will cause uneven tan.
2. Protect: Protecting your body with sunscreen will help your skin get protected from
harmful UV rays, and it would also avoid your skin from burning and peeling taking
your tan and giving you discoloration in your skin.
3. Hydrate:This means to drink water to restore your skin cells, which will leave your
skin perfect for the summer.
4. Moisturize: This is to help get rid of dry skin so you can maintain your beautiful tan.
5. If you can, use a self-tanning cream or get an Organic Spray tan from Skin Savvy to
maintain the beautiful tan in your skin.
Celebrities who endorse tanning products, beds, etc.
Jennifer Aniston uses Dove self-tanning on fresh-winter skin. She applies one layer of
gradual tan moisturizer to her skin.
Jennifer Lopez applies Neutrogena self-tanner spray on her back by using a spray formula
and sprays it in circular motion.
Jessica Alba is a fan of self-tanning. For a good self-tanner, try Jergens Natural Glow
Express. It is a perfect, creamy, non-smelly creamthat will help you get anatural-looking,
un-streaky color in just a few hours.