2. Mallorca is located in the Mediterranean Sea is the largest island of the Balearic archipelago. Like the other Balearic islands Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera, Mallorca is an important tourist destination. Its capital, and also the autonomous community is Palma
3. Autonomous communitiesMallorca has several autonomous communities. Its capital, and also the autonomous community is Palma, following her largest municipalities of Manacor Calvia
4. Languages ​The official languages of the island of Mallorca are Spanish and a variety of known Majorcan Catalan,
5. History of Mallorcathe remains found in Mallorca earliest dating from 3500 BC. C. at the time of the Neolithic transition period between the Bronze Age, ​ where the first copper objects made their appearance. The first known inhabitants of the islands (although of dubious origin) were the Balearic slingers
6. Foners of Mallorca
7. The sling, or laziness Sling is a tool consisting of a rope or leather that allows projecting objects at a distance. Can be used as material or as a hunting weapon. The term refers tothose slinger uses a sling, is often used to referto soldiers who fought with the sling in the past.
8. This is one “fona”
9. “Sargantana Mallorquina”In Mallorca you can found animals or species autoctonas, one example is “la Sargantana Mallorquina” or Podarcis lilfordi
10. Other animal like this is The Myotragus balearicus. This animal is extinct
11. Typical foodThe gastronomy of Mallorca is the set of their own recipes and ingredients typical of Mallorca (Balearic Islands, Spain), a large island divided into three parts: the Sierra de Tramontana, the Sierra de Levante and the plain between the two
12. Examples of foodThe cultivation of vegetables and cereals and the rearing of pigs in the interior is complemented by fishing from the shore. The killings are very important on the island, allowing the whole hog advantage in a variety of sausages and of course the ensaimada
14. The Mallorcan product known outside the island, is a soft paste and cooked with fat , circular in shape and dusted with icing sugar. This candy is produced with designation of origin and often exceed 15 cm in diameter, sometimes to two feet
15. Sobrasada of MallorcaIt is a sausage with protected designation of origin by the European Union. It is made with lean pork, butter and paprika. It remains in gut and served raw, fried or grilled, cold or hot, sweet or savory. There is also a specific designation of origin ​ sobrasada de Mallorca made with Iberian pork on the island.
16. Catering There are more examples of typical food of Mallorca , such as coca , pa amb oli, etc..
17. ClimateThe “Mallorquin” climate is typically Mediterranean, with high temperatures in summer (up from 30 ° C) and moderately low in winter (rarely below 5 ° C). Snowfall is common in winter on the highest peaks of the Sierra de Tramontana but exceptional in the plain and the capital. Being an island, the humidity level is very high.
18. MountainThe biggest mountain in the “Islas Baleares” is “puig major”. Its found in Mallorca,serra de tramuntana. Measured 1445m
19. The second biggest mountain is Massanella, measured 1365 meters
20. Palma of MallorcaIts the capital of the island. I like Mallotca because is located a comic book store, Norma editorial; im going at this shop every week because have a lot of comics. In palma adolescents practise sports such as a famous is skatebording.