4. Japan Invades <ul><li>1931 Japan seized Manchuria (Northeastern China) League of Nations condemned this act, but could not enforce it </li></ul><ul><li>Japan leaves the League of Nations Japan takes over Nanking (Nanking Massacre), forcing the Nationalist to retreat </li></ul>
6. Italy in Africa <ul><li>Invades Ethiopia and takes control of it in 1936, along with controlling Eritrea and Somalia . </li></ul>Stamps issued for Italian East Africa (Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia)
7. Hitler & Germany Hitler Germany
9. <ul><ul><li>German troops remilitarize the Rhineland 3/7/1936 </li></ul></ul>
10. <ul><ul><li>Germany takes Austria 3/12/1938 </li></ul></ul>
11. Munich Conference Great Britain & France agreed Germany could take the lands in Czechoslovakia called the Sudetenland. If, Germany agreed to recognize Czechoslovakia’s new borders, which Germany does not and takes over Czechoslovakia in March 1939.
12. Nazi Soviet Nonaggression Pact August 23, 1939