Key Points: This presentation is to help explain cloud computing, what it can do for your business and how Microsoft can help
Key points:Not just Web apps or someone else’s datacenter. From a competitive standpoint important to broaden the concept of cloud across devices.Script:First of all, “the cloud” is short for cloud computing. As with many topics that blend technical subjects with business hype there are a number of definitions. Most of the time people think of large datacenters that someone else runs on your behalf or Web applications that you can access from browsers. We tend to think of it as something more, it’s the collection of devices (servers, PCs, mobile devices) using the network to pool resources and work together. You typically see this in large datacenters today; where servers seamlessly work together to easily absorb more traffic and to react when something breaks without people having to intervene. The sum ends up being greater than the parts.So, it’s about datacenters and devices and applications working better together. So what? Why should I care?In general you can use the cloud in three separate ways: Pushing things to the cloud, Using the cloud as a resource when needed (or all the time) and sharing or hosting your data or applications with others once you’ve put it into the cloud (one you directly control or that could be run for you by someone else.)
Key Points:The cloud can help save money, increase productivity and reduce management complexitiesThis can create new business opportunitiesScript:This ability to move things to the cloud, use the cloud for extra compute or storage or expose or share your services with others leads to some benefits:First, it offers a new set of economic opportunities. Gain better control over your money (New economics)from saving money by not having to run and maintain large datacenters yourselfin some cases moving to IT as a subscription so that you only pay for what you use, when you use itby giving you the opportunity to shift from capital expenses to operational expensesReduced management:No patching and maintenanceFaster deploymentRobust multi-layered securityReliability and fault-toleranceRedefining Productivity: by increasing access to information and applicationsby increasing collaboration because many of the tools they use are now connected togetherby helping your IT staff focus more on business and less on plumbing and hardware (no patching and maintenance, faster deployment, etc) quickly adapt to changing business needs New EconomicsReduced ManagementRedefining Productivity
Key Points:Script:Businesses are moving to the cloud. Analysts predict that the vast majority of large businesses will be using some type of cloud services in the next few years and that many will drastically be cutting the IT assets that they run and maintain in favor of pushing it to others to run for them. If you’re looking at a new IT project or you’re facing some new business challenges, it’s worth taking a look to see if the cloud can help you.This all probably sounds good from a theoretical standpoint but whose actually doing this today?
Key Points: Microsoft has a long history of providing some of the largest cloud services in the world.Script: We’ve actually been in cloud computing for a while:We’ve been delivering some of the largest cloud services on the planet for almost 15 years.Our online properties (WL, MSN) see some 600 million unique users every monthXbox pushed out some 5 petabytes of content over Xbox Live during the week of Christmas (2009)We process up to 9.9 billion messages a day via WL MessengerWe have over 500 million active Windows Live IDsThe BPOS guys have a million paying users in 36 countries and regionsEven MS Update/Windows Update … operates at incredible scale - pushes out over a petabyte of updates every month to millions of servers and hundreds of millions of PCs When you look at our experience, our commitment and our continued leadership in cloud computing there are a number of fairly substantial differences between us and other providers.
Key Points:No one has the breadth of cloud servicesOnly Microsoft has a the wide set of cloud services that complements on-premises softwareScript:In addition to our consumer-facing cloud services, Microsoft offers the most complete set of cloud-based solutions to meet your business needs including advertising, communications (email, telephony, meetings), collaboration (document storage, sharing, workflow), business applications (CRM, business productivity), storage, management and infrastructure services. And unique to Microsoft these sets of cloud services complement a full and rich set of on-premise software enabling often times to add cloud functionality to your existing software or move between cloud and on-premises systems.Click:And with BPOS we are seeing quite a bit of momentum of customers moving to the cloud.
Key Points:We have invested $2.3B in cloud infrastructure.There are more than 9000 Microsoft Partners how can host. Over 40% of all hosters do so on the Microsoft platform.Script:Multi-billion dollar datacenter investment700,000+ square foot Chicago and the 300,000+ square foot Dublin, Ireland data centersAmsterdam, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore planned$2.3B invested in cloud infrastructureGeo-replicated customer dataPublic and private cloud flexibility30,000 engineers working on cloud servicesMicrosoft cloud services provide the reliability and security you expect for your business: 99.9% uptime SLA, 24/7 support. Microsoft understands the needs of businesses with respect to security, data privacy, compliance and risk management, and identity and access control. Microsoft datacenters are ISO 27001:2005 accredited, with SAS 70 Type I and Type II attestations.Choose hosting by Microsoft or a Microsoft partner. There are more than 9000 Microsoft hosting providers and more than 40% of all hosting providers worldwide are hosting with Microsoft products.
50% of Fortune 100 are using an Online service from Microsoft, etc. (this stat does include Live Meeting and Forefront Online protection for Exchange which is like Google’s Postini)2M paid seats now (which isn’t public yet)More than 5000 paying customers for BPOS. (I also don’t think that this number is public) I think we are close to 8000 partners signed up to sell and 100’s of new partners are signing up each week to sell the service.We have doubled the business in the last 6 months (1m to 2M paid seats for BPOS) – not publicTalk about Dynamics CRM Online as part of the cloud biz app portfolio
Optional Dive slide on BPOS capabilities.
Service managementDefine the rules and provide codePlatform deploys, monitors, and manages the serviceStorageSimple storage provided by Windows AzureT-SQL capability delivered through SQL AzureDeveloper experienceFamiliar tools, technologies, languages for MS developersSupport for non-MS technologies, frameworks and toolsIntegration with on-premisesExtend on-premises applications to the cloudFederate identities across cloud applications
So, if the cloud sounds interesting, what do you do?
At the application level…Key Points:There are a number of applications or workloads you could move to the cloudMicrosoft can help you do it.Script:First of all, are there things you can move to the cloud? Things that are cheaper, easier or can free up more time if you have someone else provide them for you? Email? Communication? Meeting software? Customer management? Managing PCs?Microsoft can help with online complements of programs you’re already familiar with.
At the platform level…If you need new functionality or systems or want to add extra compute or storage to existing systems then there are a few workload patterns that work best for the cloud.Predictable burstingServices with micro seasonality trends Peaks due to periodic increased demandIT complexity and wasted capacity Growing fastSuccessful services needs to grow/scale Keeping up w/growth is big IT challenge Complex lead time for deploymentUnpredictable burstingUnexpected/unplanned peak in demand Sudden spike impacts performance Can’t over provision for extreme cases On and offOn and off workloads (e.g. batch job)Over provisioned capacity is wasted Time to market can be cumbersome
Key Points:Starbucks is a good example of a company that wanted to increase productivity (specifically by increasing access and collaboration) among remote workers (in this case their 10K stores). The choice of Microsoft cloud services enabled them to quickly and securely roll out new functionality without adding complexity to their IT infrastructure.Starbucks owns and operates 10,000 stores throughout the world. Starbucks has made the commitment to utilize BPOS Standard for all of its company owned stores for 18,000 users/Partners. The solution will provide Exchange messaging, Live Meeting web conferencing, IM and presence, SharePoint Portal, collaboration and Office for business productivity. In addition to BPOS, these laptops will be running CORE CAL, SPS Enterprise and Forefront Client Protection. Starbucks employees had no ability to do basic collaboration and communication with headquarters or nearby stores. As a result It was a very manual and paper intensive back of the store process for Manager’s to run their day to day business. Microsoft established itself as the superior long term solution over its competitor, Google. Starbucks felt that they could rely on Microsoft’s Online strategy, rich user experience and long term trusted relationship.Starbucks wanted to provide a dynamic platform for collaboration and communication between its stores and headquarters. The vision was to empower their store employees to run their multi-million dollar business in a more entrepreneurial way. A key design pillar was to prevent any loss of intellectual property therefore, cloud computing was a new way to share information through the web in a secure manner. Starbucks needed to make this deployment happen quickly without adding complexity to its infrastructure. BPOS provided a cost effective means to manage a globally distributed environment. This initial BPOS implementation will bring many other workloads with it in the future.
Key Points:RiskMetrics delivers risk management services to the world’s leading asset managers, banks and institutions to help them measure and model complex financial instruments. RiskMetrics runs its own datacenter but, to accommodate spiky increased demand for its services for specific periods of time, the company needed to expand its technical infrastructure. Rather than buy more servers and expand its datacenter, RiskMetrics decided to leverage the Windows Azure Platform to handle the surplus loads. To help its customers, RiskMetrics’ financial engineers develop complex algorithms known as “Monte Carlo” simulations. These simulations require lots of computing capacity and, to provide the best service to its customers, RiskMetrics benefits from running the same simulations multiple times with slightly different data. Essentially, the more times it can run the simulations, the better the results it can provide to its customers. Since each of these simulations is expensive in terms of the amount of computational resources needed, this is an ideal application for the cloud because RiskMetrics can consume vast amounts of computing for short periods of time and only pay for what it needs. RiskMetrics will continue to offer its own datacenter because it can leverage the datacenter’s capacity optimally BUT the company anticipates that, to be able to respond to its customers’ increased needs, it may need to impose very high peak loads on its infrastructure, often demanding 10 times the computing resources required during other periods. By combining the capacity of its own datacenter with the potentially limitless capacity of Windows Azure, RiskMetrics is able to satisfy the fixed demand on its own infrastructure and then spill-over high peak loads on to Windows Azure. Because the Windows Azure platform is highly compatible with RiskMetric’s existing application (Visual Studio and .NET), RiskMetrics is able to “develop applications locally and deploy them to Windows Azure very quickly.”. The solution is called RiskBurst “bursts of processing onto the cloud from our risk infrastructure.” Eventually, RiskMetrics expects to provision 30,000 Windows Azure instances per day!http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Case_Study_Detail.aspx?CaseStudyID=4000005921
Key Points:Coca-Cola Enterprises had done both a BPOS implementation and a separate Azure project.Great example of both moving functionality to the cloud and using cloud functionality to augment existing systems.Script:Coca-Cola EnterprisesCoca-Cola Enterprises is the world’s largest marketer, producer, and distributor of nonalcoholic beverages Initially they faced a pretty common realization for most large companies: do they really want to be in the email business? They worked with Microsoft and Sapient Consulting and Slalom Consulting to move their email to Microsoft to host as well as building an intranet portal on Sharepoint Online to connect their workers. After moving a number of business applications to the cloud they saw another opportunity. They needed to build the infrastructure so that their customers (restaurants, stores, etc) could order via a Web site instead of the phone-based system they were currently using. Like many businesses, the amount of orders varied a good deal throughout a year (big increases around the Super Bowl, etc). If they decided to build the datacenters themselves they would have to build to accommodate the largest amounts, letting hardware go idle at other times during the year. Instead of investing in hardware and other resources to build out the infrastructure to host this online order system they built it on Windows Azure. In this way they can quickly scale their systems up or down based on need, paying only for what they need, when they need it.The other aspect of the cloud is that Coca-Cola Enterprises made their data, their systems available to their customers and partners through the site.Organization Profile Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is the world’s largest marketer, producer, and distributor of nonalcoholic beverages, which it delivers with the industry’s most effective marketplace execution.Business Situation CCE’s increasing competition was resulting in declining revenues. This required company executives to launch a new strategic direction, mandating a platform to communicate and engage with all employees.Solution CCE implemented a Microsoft-based hosted worldwide intranet with messaging and collaboration tools, which are accessible to all employees from any device, enabling employees to boost productivity and time with customers.Benefits Productivity and customer focus Companywide intranet IT transformation Effective remote teams Deskless worker accessSoftware and ServicesMicrosoft Sharepoint Server Microsoft Office Live Meeting Microsoft Office Communications Online Microsoft Online Services Microsoft Exchange Online
Key Points:Script:Siemens Expands Software Delivery Service, Significantly Reduces TCO Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the industry, energy, and healthcare sectors. The company has around 410,000 employees, and a worldwide reputation for innovation and achievement.Situation/Solution:To deliver software efficiently, reduce costs, and get more complex software packages to more devices, Siemens wanted to expand the capacity of its software distribution system.Siemens used the Windows Azure™ platform to deliver software packages from a central Internet-based storage location to thousands of devices.Key Advances:Dynamically scale global software distribution while reducing costs, enhancing services, and avoiding significant new capital investmentLink to case study and video: http://mscomapps/gcrpinternal/Case_Study_Detail.aspx?CaseStudyID=4000005945
Script:Enterprise-Class:You should not have to compromise to enjoy the benefits of the cloud. Only Microsoft provides a comprehensive set of cloud services with the reliability, security and global reach you should expect for your business or the wide range of services for individuals at work or play. We bring experience: With 30 years of consumer, 20 years of business software and almost 15 years of cloud computing experienceBreadth of Offerings:Microsoft offers the most complete set of cloud-based solutions to meet your business needs including advertising, communications (email, telephony, meetings), collaboration (document storage, sharing, workflow), business applications (CRM, business productivity), storage, management and infrastructure services. The Microsoft platform provides the greatest number of consumers, applications, and technical professionals in the world. There are more than 25,000 system integrators (SI’s) and value added resellers (VAR’s) that provide services and support for Microsoft products. More than 45,000 independent software vendors (ISV’s) build software and solutions that work with Microsoft products. With the Microsoft platform you choose when you run solutions in the cloud (public or private) or on-premises and you can change the mix as your needs change. New Capabilities, familiar programs: Enjoy the benefits of the cloud – lower cost, collaboration, ease of access – with the familiarity of applications you already know and trust. Deep investments and Global infrastructure:Microsoft is completely committed to the cloud: evolving existing products, creating new cloud-based offerings and building the infrastructure to support cloud services at a global level.$2.3B invested in cloud infrastructureToday 70% of the 40,000 people who create software at Microsoft are working on cloud products and services. By 2011 we expect that number to be 90%.Geo-replicated customer data: Despite having a cloud infrastructure that already supports over 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses a year, Microsoft is continuing to invest to increase capacityRecognizing that information is one of an organization’s most prized and protected assets, Microsoft has invested billions of dollars in its datacenters with a critical eye on security and privacy standards. Microsoft datacenters are ISO 27001:2005 accredited, with SAS 70 Type I and Type II attestations.
Key Points:http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Case_Study_Detail.aspx?casestudyid=4000004663Unico manufactures and sells small-duct, high-velocity heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning equipment. The company used Salesforce.com to track sales leads that it sent to its manufacturer’s representatives. Because Unico’s sales process involves several different companies, Unico lacked visibility into how and where sales representatives were selling its products. With help from Microsoft® Gold Certified Partner Quilogy, Unico deployed Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Online and integrated it with several of its business processes. Sales representatives have increased their usage of the new solution by 30 to 45 percent, giving the company a more complete view of its sales processes with more accurate, up-to-date information from sales representatives, distributors, contractors, and customers. Because of this, Unico can save money and target its marketing efforts more effectively.
http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Case_Study_Detail.aspx?casestudyid=4000005460Organization Profile Second largest pharmaceutical company in the world, GlaxoSmithKline supplies a quarter of the world's vaccines and produces some of the leading prescription medicines and consumer healthcare products.Business Situation GlaxoSmithKline needed to improve collaboration with partners, to improve effectiveness in growing markets, to move away from customized solutions, and to lower the cost of operations and investments.SolutionGlaxoSmithKline chose to deploy Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite – including Microsoft® Exchange Online, Microsoft® Office SharePoint Online, Microsoft® Office Communications Online, Microsoft® Office Live Meeting and the Microsoft® Deskless Worker Suite.Benefits Reduce Operational Costs Drive Innovation Improve Collaboration Simplify User ExperienceSoftware and ServicesMicrosoft Exchange Technologies Microsoft Office Technologies Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server TechnologiesVertical IndustriesPharmaceutical IndustryCountry/RegionUnited States
http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/Case_Study_Detail.aspx?casestudyid=4000006538Organization Profile With a 300-year heritage, Aviva is the world’s fifth-largest insurance group and the largest in the U.K. It has a leading position in Europe and is expanding its business in Asia Pacific and the U.S.Business Situation As part of its strategic vision, Aviva needed to optimize global internal communication and promote collaboration, creating a new knowledge-sharing environment for its 54,000 employees.Solution Aviva worked with Microsoft Services to deploy a collaboration system with global access to information and create a foundation for future applications.Benefits • Reduced risk• Improved collaboration • Fast implementation • Future integration with MicrosoftSoftware and ServicesMicrosoft Online Services Microsoft Office Sharepoint OnlineVertical IndustriesInsurance IndustryCountry/RegionUnited KingdomPartner(s)AccentureAvanadeMicrosoft Consulting ServicesOxford Consulting Associates
1. İş Hayatında Bulut<br />
2. Bulut nedir?<br />Farklı cihazlara ve noktalara bağlantılarla ilgili olan bir bilgi işlem yaklaşımıdır.<br />
3. Bulutun Etkisi<br />Yeni Ekonomiler<br />İndirimli Yönetim<br />Artan Üretkenlik<br />Kullandığın için öde<br />Düşük ve öngörülebilir maliyet<br />capexve opex’ten değişim<br />Hız kazanımı<br />Yamasız bakım<br />Daha hızlı dağıtım<br />Sağlam çok katmanlı güvenlik<br />Güvenilirlik ve hata toleransu<br />Kullanıcılar için en güncel yazılım<br />İnternet işbirliği<br />Her yerden erişim<br />Anında kendini doğrulama<br />
4. “2012’ de, 1000 kuruluşun %80’i bazı bulut bilgi işlem servislerini kullanıyor olacak, şirketlerin %20’si BT varlıklarına sahip olmayacak.’’<br />“Alt satırda: iş uygulamaları için platformların yeni bir seti olarak bulut bilgi işlemi ciddi bir şekilde yararlıdır.’’<br />
5. Tüketicinin Bulut Servisleri<br />Her yıl 2 milyar farklı çağrı<br />Ayda 14 milyar reklam<br />Kataloglarda 6 milyar üzerinde şarkı<br />600 milyon üzerinde farklı kullanıcı<br />23 milyon abone<br />Her ay 3 milyar WW sırası<br />370 milyon aktif hesap<br />500 milyon aktif Live ID hesabı<br />Günlük gönderilen 10 milyar ileti<br />
6. Ticari Bulut Servisleri<br />9,000 ticari müşteri<br />40M online ödeme<br />500’den fazla devlet kurumları<br />12,000 iş ortağı<br />İş Uygulamaları<br />İş Birliği<br />Depolama<br />Platform<br />Yönetim<br />Verimlilik<br />İletişim<br />
7. Altyapı Yatırımları<br />Kuzey Avrupa<br />Kuzey Orta Amerika<br />Doğu Asya<br />Batı Avrupa<br />Güney Orta Amerika<br />Güneydoğu Asya<br />
8. Müşteri Gücü<br />
9. “Microsoft Online Servislerine geçmek, operasyonel maliyetleri tahmini %30 azaltır ve geleceğin esnekliğini sağlayacak değer yaratan maliyet modelinin de oluşturulmasını sağlar.’’<br />Ingo ElferingVP, Bilgi Teknolojileri Statejisi, GlaxoSmithKline<br />“Çeşitli bulut tabanlı teklifleri gözden geçirdik. Güvenilirilk açısından sadece Microsoft ihtiyaçlarımızı karşılayabildi.Exchange Online ile 42 e-posta sistemini bir sistemin içinde sağlamlaştırdık ve BT maliyetlerini en az %30 azalttık.’’<br />Olivier BaldassariCIO, RexelGrup<br />“İstemcimizin artan ihtiyaçlarını karşılayabilmek için Windows Azure kullanmaya başladık ve yeni yatırım maliyetimiz azaldı. Yeni çözümler üzerine fikir geliştirmeye başladık yoksa mümkün olmayabilirdi’.’<br />Rob Fraser<br />Bilgi İşlem Uzmanı, RiskMetrics<br />
10. Uygulamalar ve İş Birliği<br />Bulutta en iyi verimlilik deneyimi<br />Bilgisayar, telefon ve tarayıcı ile mükemmel uyum<br />Sunucu ve servislerle entegre olabilme<br />Kurumsal sınıfta yazılımlar<br />Servislere abonelik üzerinden iletişim<br />Microsoft taranfından işletim ve iş ortakları ile satış<br />
11. Microsoft Online Hizmetlere Genel Bakış<br />5GB (varsayılan)’tan 25GB’a kadar Mail Kutusu<br />Outlook and Web Erişimi<br />Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam<br />Takvim Paylaşımı, Bağlantı & Görev<br />Mobile Cihazlar ile Aktif Senkronizasyon<br />Blackberry Desteği*<br />Uyum Arşivleme*<br />250MB Kullanıcı Başına Bellek Ayırma<br />İş Birliği<br />Portal<br />Kurumsal İçerik Yönetimi<br />Arama<br />İş Süreçleri Formları<br />Platform ve Esneklik<br />Anlık Mesajlaşma<br />Grup Mesajlaşma<br />Adres Defteri Araması<br />Dağıtım Listesi Genişletme<br />Dosya Transferi<br />1:1 Ses ve Video<br />Web Konferansları<br />Büyük Etkinliklere Küçük Grup İş Birliği<br />Masaüstü Paylaşma, Sohbet, Soru Yöneticisi<br />Eğitim Desteği<br />VOIP ya daPSTN Ses Desteği<br />360 Derece Panoramik Kamera<br />* Opsiyonel özellikler ek maliyet gerektirebilir<br />
12. Bulut Platformu<br />Ölçeklenebilir işlem ve depolama<br />Otomatik servis yönetimi<br />Benzer araçlar, teknolojiler, diller<br />Bulut için ilişkisel depolama<br />Tutarlı kalkınma modeli<br />Otomatik veritabanı yönetimi<br />platform<br />AppFabric<br />Mevcut uygulamalar buluta bağlama<br />Erişim kontrol servisi<br />Servis veriyolu yeteneği<br />
13. Ne yapmalıyım?<br />
14. Bulut için İş Yükü<br />İş Birliği<br />E-posta<br />İletişim<br />CRM<br />Toplantılar<br />Masaüstü yönetimi<br />
16. Posta sağlama, iş birliği, toplantı ve Providing mail, collaboration, meeting and mağazalar arasında bulut üzerinden iletişim<br />Kurumlar ve mağazalar arasında güvenli paylaşımSecure way to share between stores and corporate<br />Karmaşadan uzak, BT’ye hızlı dağıtım<br />
17. Yoğun iş yaşamına destek için Windows Server Windows Azure ile tamamlama<br />Esnek altyapı<br />Benzer geliştirimler, operasyon ortamı<br />
18. Dahili şirket promosyonları için gerekli merkezi platform<br />Telefonla sipariş yerine Web uygulaması üzerinden sipariş edebilme isteği<br />Microsoft Online ile Windows Azure’u ortak kullanabilme<br />
19. Artan esneklik:yüksek ölçeklenebilirlik ve gelişmiş müşteri hizmetleri<br />Düşen operasyon maliyetleri<br />Merkezi internet tabanlı depolamadan binlerce cihaza Windows Azure’dan yazılım iletimi<br />
20. Neden Microsoft?<br />Kurumsal sınıf<br />Genişleme Teklifi<br />Yeni yetenekler, benzer programlar<br />Derin yatırımlar<br />Global altyapılar<br />
26. Mevcut sistemle entegra Dynamics CRM Online <br />30-45% kullanım artışı<br />Verimlilik artışı, tasarruf<br />
27. Anlık mesajlaşma hizmetini update etmek ya da değiştirmek gerekli fakat bu kısıtlı IT bütçesi ile alakalı.<br />“Microsoft Online Servisleri ile, daha azıyla daha çok amacımıza ulaştık. Maliyet düşerken daha fazla servis kullanabilmek gerçekten rahatlatıcıydı.’’<br />Gordon Peterson, Bilgi Teknolojileri Direktörü, Carlsbad<br />
28. Operasyonel maliyet düştü: BT maliyeti %30 oranında düştü<br />Artan iş birliği<br />Benzer Microsoft platformlarını seçerek basitleştirilmiş kullanıcı deneyimi<br />
29. 60,000 çalışan için 12 dilde 1 intranet yarattı<br />Hızlı uygulama ve kazanım: 1/10 maliyette ek HR araçları<br />
30. Bulut Servis Çeşitleri<br />Hizmet olarak altyapı<br />“SaaS”<br />“PaaS”<br />“IaaS”<br />Hizmet olarak platform<br />Hizmet olarak yazılım<br />tüket<br />yükselt<br />kur<br />