1. Good morning,This is Matt, and I’m Joe we both workfor Lullabot and we would like tointroduce you to Drupal. @vordude & @eojthebrave
2. “Hello World.”
3. What is Drupal?Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask in IRC because youre not quite sure what IRC is,but a lot of strange people hang out there and they talk about SQL and arrays and stuff.
4. ontent anagement ystem
5. file uploads revisions menus security user profiles blocks performance modules search engine-friendly urls user manage- ment administration panels localization errorreporting rss taxonomy blogging commentsforums multi-site installations event logging community authoring ajax search free tagging feed aggregation contact form help system roles and per- missions statistics tracking polls
6. ontent anagement ramework
7. xml-rpc file api jquery database abstraction layer form api file api session management node system url routing theme system string handling filter system content versioninginstallation profiles access control trans- latable output user system caching date/time handling unicode support mail handling image manipulation installation system hook system menu system module system user authentication themable output
8. Drupal Core Content User Forms APIManagement Management Install Theming Localization Profiles Layer Library of Common Functions
9. Drupal Core Content User Forms APIManagement Management Install Theming Localization Profiles Layer Library of Common FunctionsModules Actions/ Content Ecommerce Workflows Creation Kit Organic Views Groups Custom Module
10. Community.Come for the code. Stay for the community.
11. That sounds like a lot ...
12. 400k300k200k100k 2008 2009 2010 2011…
13. Over 950 contributors to Drupal 7 core
14. 45 subsystem maintainers
15. 326 Drupal 7 release parties in 96 countries!
16. Who Uses Drupal?
17. Drupal has a CMS market share of 6.3%, and the market share amongst the top 10,000 and top 1,000 sitesis even higher, at more than 10%, andDrupal is the most used CMS by .edu and .gov sites.
18. ore and ontribI extended Drupal core using a module from contrib.
19. oduleCode that alters, extends or enhances Drupal’s base functionality.
20. hemeProvide the look, feel, and UX for your site.
21. ite Builder Someone that builds a website by piecingtogether different modules and conﬁguration.