• Materials• In recent years concept art has embraced the use of digital technology.
• Software, such as Photoshop and Corel Painter, has become more easily available, as well as hardware such as Graphics tablets, enabling more efficient working methods.
• Prior to this (and still to this day), any number of traditional mediums such as oil paints, acrylic paints, markers, pencils, etc. were used.
• Owing to this, many modern paint packages are programmed to simulate the blending of color in the same way paint would blend on a canvas; proficiency with traditional media is often paramount to a concept artists ability to use painting software.
• technology is the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, methods of organization, in order to solve a problem, improve a preexisting solution to a problem, achieve a goal or perform a specific function.
• Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems.
• Adobes 2003 "Creative Suite" rebranding led to Adobe Photoshop 8s renaming to Adobe Photoshop CS. Thus, Adobe Photoshop CS6 is the 13th major release of Adobe Photoshop.
• The CS rebranding also resulted in Adobe offering numerous software packages containing multiple Adobe programs for a reduced price.
• Adobe Photoshop is released in two editions: Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Photoshop Extended, with the Extended having extra 3D image creation, motion graphics editing, and advanced image analysis features.
• Adobe Photoshop Extended is included in all of Adobes Creative Suite offerings except Design Standard, which includes the Adobe Photoshop edition.
• Corel Painter is a raster-based digital art application created to simulate as accurately as possible the appearance and behavior of traditional media associated with drawing, painting, and printmaking.
• It is intended to be used in real-time by professional digital artistsas a functional creative tool. The current version is Painter 12, released on May 11, 2011.