1. ENGLISH PROJECTS.PEDRO GÓMEZ DÍAZ. 2ºC.2/1/2013.VISIT HELSINKI.Palace Peterhof.`Finland is a Nordic country situated in the Fennoscandian region ofnorthern Europe. It is bordered by Sweden to the west, Norway to the northand Russia to the east, while Estonia lies to the south across the eponymousGulf of Finland. An estimated 5.4 million people live in Finland, with themajority concentrated in its southern regions. In terms of area, it is theeighth largest country in Europe and the most sparsely populated country inthe European Union. Politically, it is a parliamentary republic with a centralgovernment based in the capital of Helsinki, local governments in 336municipalities and an autonomous regions, the Àland islands. About onemillion live in the Greater Helsinki area.
2. Finland MapHelsinki city.
3. Languajes spoken: Finland has two officials languajes, finnish languageand Swedish. Also there are 7000 people who speak Sami languajes.Currency: The finnish currency is the euro.Weather information: Winter temperatures usually around -5ºC, but for aweek or two often drop to -20ºC.In summer the average temperature is between 19ºC and 21ºC.The warmest temperature that has ever given in Helsinki was 34ºC on July28 in 2010 and the coldest temperature that has ever given in Helsinki was-34ºC on January 10 in 1987.How to get there: In Helsinki you can go by plane, boat and trainHelsinki climate. Helsinki currency.
4. Helsinki Cathedral is an evangelical Lutheran Cathedral located in the citycenter. The church was built in honor of the Grand Duque Nicholas1, thetsar of Russia and until independence in 1917 was called ST. NicholasChurch. The church was built between 1830 and 1853.Mannerheimintie is the name of the longest and most famous street ofHelsinki.The street begins in the city center, near the Swedish Theatre andStockmann department store. It then passes through the districts of Toolo,Kamppi and Ruskeasuo, until finally you join a motorway. Many buildingsare close to the street: the main post office, the Kiasma, the nationalMuseum, the show house Finland and Helsinki Opera.
5. Things to do there:Relax and enjoy outdoors activities.Go ice skating or snowboarding.Visit museums and zoos.Watch theater or concerts.Visit the National Library of Finland and the Johannes church.Play many sports in the sea at ride a boat.Go to casinos.Go to amusement parks.Visit natural history museum and Helsinki city museum.Do cycling routes and visit the Olympic Stadium.Visit the aquarium Sea Life HelsinkiVisit the many churches.Go snowboarding. Museum of contemporary art Kiasma.National theatre of Helsinki. Johannes church of Helsinki.
6. Go surfing. Go to casinos.Amusement park Helsinki city museum.Cycling routes. Church in the rock.
7. More information.Tourist guides in Helsinki. Tourist guides in Helsinki.Monuments to composer Sibelius. Monument to Russian TsarAlexander.For more informationlook the following video (control+clic on the image):
8. Other videoRead more information in:Page of Helsinki’s official website for tourism and travel information.Wikipedia.City of Helsinki.