Activity 02: Discussion of participants’ input
GROUP A: READING & READING INSTRUCTION
1. Are teachers teaching skills or comprehension (meaning)?
2. What is the difference between reading skills and reading strategies?
3. Does extensive reading mean implicit learning?
4. How should teachers deal with students of higher level in a reading class?
5. What are common difficulties in teaching an ESL/EFL reading class?
6. In what way can extensive reading be applied in Vietnam while the sources are not up
GROUP B: READING MATERIALS
1. Should teachers use authentic or non-authentic text?
2. If simplified, are there any tools to check the difficulty level of a particular selected
GROUP C: THE READING SYLLABUS
1. Does critical reading need teaching in a reading course that has more focus on test
2. What is the role of needs analysis in setting up a reading course?
3. How to realize the relationship between course design and text selection/task design?
NB. The words underlined invite clarification from the person
who asked the question.