VoIP BASED PREDICTIVE
PRESENTED BY :-
AN ITRODUCTION TO VoIP
• Voice over Internet Protocol is the routing of voice
conversations over the Internet or through any other IP-
• VoIP is also known as IP Telephony, Internet
telephony, Broadband telephony, Broadband Phone
and Voice over Broadband.
HOW VoIP WORKS
• VoIP services convert your voice into a digital signal that
travels over the Internet.
• If you are calling a regular phone number, the signal is
converted to a regular telephone signal before it reaches
• VoIP can allow you to make a call directly from a
computer, a special VoIP phone, or a traditional phone
connected to a special adapter.
• Incoming phone calls can be automatically routed to your
VoIP phone, regardless of where you are connected to
• VoIP allows users to travel anywhere in the world and still make and
receive phone calls.
• Subscribers of phone-line replacement services can make and
receive local phone calls regardless of their location.
• Specialized mobile VoIP services enable users to talk over internet
protocol and use VoIP based Instant Messenger services.
• VoIP phones can integrate with other services available over the
Internet, including video conversation, message or data file
exchange in parallel with the conversation, audio conferencing,
managing address books and passing information about whether
others (e.g. friends or colleagues) are available online to interested
DRAWBACKS OF VoIP
• Internet connection requirement.
• Difficulty with sending faxes.
• Power Outages.
• Predictive dialers are widely used in call centers.
• A predictive dialer is a computerized system
that automatically dials batches of telephone
numbers for connection to agents assigned to
sales or other outbound campaigns.
HOW DIALER WORKS
• The predictive dialer exhibits predictive behavior
when it has more call attempts (dials) outstanding
than it has agents that are already available to
• The predictive dialing happens when the predictive
dialer dials ahead of the agents becoming available
or when the predictive dialer matches a forecast
number of available agents with a forecast number of
available called parties.
• The matching and dialing ahead perspectives
provide the large increases in dial rates and agent
• Before manually dialing each call, operators spend time
reviewing paper records or computer terminal screens,
selecting the person to be called, finding the phone
number, dialing the number , listening to the ring,
listening to the phone company intercepts, busy signals
and answering machines.
• Operators also spend time updating information after
Comparison Of Manual Dialing And Predictive
DIALER NETWORK DIAGRAM
PRODUCTIVITY INCREASES OF
200% TO 300% WHEN USING
• Computer Networks By Andrew S. Tanenbaum.
• Data Communication By William Stallin.