Dammam - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Project - Location - Hofuf Abqaiq Riyadh Al Kharj Harad Dammam
Objectives of the project: To improve the safety of the operation of the railroad To increase the number of daily train trips To better fulfill passenger expectations and improve the quality of the service To optimize the operation and prepare for future high speed traffic Establish a future proof system that will be usable for many decades (open standard) Shaping tomorrow’s railways together
2. Number of Interlocking Stations: 19 equipped with Siemens Interlocking equipment and UPS to provide highest level of functionality and reliability.
3. Number of Level Crossings: 15 equipped with SIMIS LC Level Crossing Protection product and housed in an existing room refurbished with air-conditions, fire extinguishing system and standby generator in order to suit the customer and safety requirements.
4.Number of GSM-R Base Stations: 44 equipped with Siemens BTS-240. The sites are having active shelter powered by standby or dual generators with full requirements for protection of the equipment. Some sites, however, are powered from a Solar Generator System using Hybrid Shelter (Passive and Active Cooled)
5. Number of Generators: 48 standby generators are distributed to each site and another 11 dual generators are used in sites where a high power demand is required (20 ~ 30 kVA) and no commercial network is available.
1. Design for Power and Civil Systems, as well as Design of all electromechanical systems and fueling Systems
2. Cabling and OSP: Outside Plant Civil Works for cable routes construction and laying of Signaling and Power Cables. A total of around 650 Km of signaling cables were laid for different applications and components.
3. Teams used: between Civil, Installation, Cabling and Commissioning assistance as well as project’s management, Nour have used more than 500 persons fully or dynamically dedicated during several stages, in addition to overheads related to main office support. However, at any moment of time for about two years, the manpower assigned solely to the project doesn’t drop below 200 persons.
4. Installation and Testing of Indoor/Outdoor Components: 19 Interlocking System (indoor), 15 LC, 44 BTS, 60 OTN, 30 Cameras, 187 Point Machine, more than 285 Signals of all types “ shunting, main, distant, road, protection, etc. whether post or dwarf type ”, 463 AxC, 439 Balise, 33 Telecom Tower, 30 Pre-fabricated Shelters, 1 Building, 16 Hybrid Cooled Shelters with Solar Panels installation, CTC Room computers and panorama screen, 1 MSC/BSC System, and much more.
5. Design of the CTC Building Civil, Electrical and Mechanical complete system Also,
6. Full QA/QC procedure was built with the consultant till completion of the construction including Lab Reports and RFI for inspection in each stage of work.
7. Implementing highly sophisticated power supply system with several protections was
8. Five Years Maintenance Contract for Signaling Systems.