Construction and development  contents page
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Construction and development contents page

on

  • 157 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
157
Views on SlideShare
75
Embed Views
82

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

1 Embed 82

http://enamulmiah95.wordpress.com 82

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Construction and development  contents page Construction and development contents page Presentation Transcript

  • Construction and developmentContents page
  • For my contents page I decided to start off by experimenting on where I shouldlocate the “contents” page, I had tried it in all parts of the page, by doing this it gaveme a better idea on where it will look appropriate and eye catching, I decided tosituate it at the top of the page as this way the viewer can straightaway identify thatit is a contents page, as well that it was far more attractive when placing it at thetop, following this I wanted to layout all the information before I placed my picture, Iwanted to create different design and see which fitted my genre.
  • In my first attempt I decided to use Trajan pro for the “contents page”, this is the fontwhich I used for my magazine cover, I kept it aligned along the top of the page as it lookedfar more attractive, I used a black border which I put behind text and added a blur byduplicating the layer, this ensured that “contents” will stand out, I also added a differentcolour which will stand against the black, after experimenting with different colours, it wasapparent that not all colours worked well with black, this includes blue and grey, I chosethe colour red as it stands outs and combines well with black, for the featuring articles Iused the font Felix titling which again stands out and looks very effective, again I used thecolour black and red which works against the natural background. My idea for “whatsnew” from the vibe magazine as I wanted include a main information focal point, this Ifound common through the research phase which shows that I had complied to thestandard conventions. I then used a border around the page numbers which made thenumbers stand out from the page, this also added consistency and made my magazinecontent look attractive View slide
  • After looking back through the research and planning, I decided that I could include anotherelement which will ensure that my page has no blank spaces and improve the look of thepage, I had taken further inspiration from the “Q” magazine which made use of all thecontents page, this ensured that the viewer knows where to find the specific pages and alsoit adds interest, so I had added a black box along the bottom and added “lomattic special”with the red text and the same font which made the page look consistent, as this was usedfor the title of the page , I had put this at the bottom because they need to know whatinformation the magazine contains before reading what they will find special within themagazine, I experimented with the special effects with the text by using Gaussian blur,however this did not enhance the look of the page, because it was used against a darkcolour, so it did not have any real affects, so I decided against it.I used the same font colourfor all the featuring articles because I wanted my contents page to look consistent which Idiscovered from the ” Vibe” magazine, I also decided to take of the blur behind the contents,because it had no real effect to, this is due to being used against View slide
  • Following that the next step included, incorporating the main image, this fitted well withthe layout, I located it to the right of the page next to the featuring articles, howeverwhen looking back at the research and planning the “Q” magazine used special effects toenhance the look of the image, I liked this element because it made the main subjectmore outstanding and eye- catching, I used a higher opacity which made the image lookas though it had an extra background layer, the text which I used for the featuring articleswhere all the same size, this ensures that all the components fit on the page and look wellpresented , prior to this I had experimented with font sizes to see if it looked well withdifferent sizes or one size and I preferred with one size. I also added a black box to givemy magazine a consistent look, as this was one of the main colours within my magazine .
  • After receiving feedback from peers, it was evident that my contents page did not requireany particular changes as it looked very effective as it is, it required minor adjustmentssuch as moving the “contents” slightly to the left, this was the only element whichrequired changing.
  • After receiving feedback from peers, it was evident that my contents page did not requireany particular changes as it looked very effective as it is, it required minor adjustmentssuch as moving the “contents” slightly to the left, this was the only element whichrequired changing.