9. Design aims:• functional, desirable kettle for Paul, A but also for anyone.• Easy pouring (stable center of gravity)• Well insulated• Secure lid• Easy and secure docking into the base• Fill-to-measure
10. For whom:Paul’s condition is Phocomelia, 1 in10,000 people WE WANT OUR700,000 births in the UK p/a = 70 KETTLE TO BEbabies JUST AS USEFULHowever, FOR EVERYONEVery similar to situation to anyonewith an upper limb AS IT IS FORamputation. PAUL.In 2007, USA had 1.7m people withlimb loss (5 people per 1000).In the UK, 6000 major amputationsa year
11. Prototype One Pull handles apart to release Kettle bottom valvle Dock
12. Prototype One
13. • Too big• andles too high H to pour• Learning curve?
14. Prototype Two 2nd handle
15. Prototype Two
16. • Simple design• asy to use E (no learning curve)• ccessible to a A universal audience
17. INTRODUCING: (PAUL’S KETTLE)
18. FUTURE PRODUCT APPLICATIONS
19. Team Blue 3: + PAULJAMESJAMESIANMILOMANJULMARTY THANKBEN YOU!