2. HOME HOW MYTH HERO QUEST PATTERN REAL LIFE HERO REPORT HOROSCOPES WORD SEARCH BIBLIOGRAPHY
3. HOME HOW MYTHWhy do humans blush when they’re embarrassed? A very long time ago, there lived a God named Hermadeus. He was a strong andpowerful man, of which many people despised of. Although most people held hatred towardsHermadeus, they could not protest against him for he was their God. Hermadeus was so powerfulthat the humans seemed almost helpless against him. Hermadeus had two young assistants,Keldon and Mylan, who acted as his servants. Day after day, he would order them to do multipletasks, making their lives as miserable as he could. If either of his assistants were ever to die, hewould select new assistants for him to torture. For the people, they all dreaded the ‘Selection Day,’for no one wanted to be chosen as his new assistant. Keldon and Mylan were the two assistantswho had lasted the longest. One evening, when the sun had gone down, and Keldon and Mylanhad completed their last task for the day, they decided to sneak off and have some fun. It was theirone hundredth day of acting as a servant to Hermadeus, and so they wanted to celebrate. Theywaited until Hermadeus was asleep and then travelled to the Land of Freedom. There, theydanced, sang and carelessly played around as if nothing else mattered. After what seemed likehours, there was a sudden loud noise that broke their fun, and Hermadeus appeared from a cloudof smoke. Keldon and Mylan were so embarrassed and ashamed of themselves for breaking therules and getting caught. Hermadeus was furious that they had disobeyed him and so heperformed the ‘Ritual of Shame.’ He shoved Keldon and Mylan to the ground, where he drew a lineof red paint on each of their cheeks. As he did this, he chanted a curse. He proclaimed that fromthen on, whenever a person was to feel embarrassed, their cheeks shall turn red in colour. And so,this is why humans now blush when they’re embarrassed.
4. HOME HERO QUEST PATTERN HOME RETURN JOURNEY AWAY OBSTACLES OBSTACLES CRUCIAL STRUGGLE
5. HOME Home: A scientist Trevor works at a Science Lab in New York. He has to take care of his nephew, Sean, for 10 days. BACK
6. HOME Journey Away: Trevor was given a box that contained a book about his brother’s last journey. He and Sean decide to travel to Iceland where they meet a mountain guide Hannah, and the three of them search for the centre of the earth. BACK
7. HOME Obstacles: Trevor, Sean and Hannah get caught in a lightning storm which causes them to get trapped in a cave. They also fall through a floor of muscovite, which is a very thin layer of rock formation. When they land, they end up in a lake. They encounter many other struggles as they try to find their way to the centre of the earth. BACK
8. HOME Crucial Struggle: While on a manmade raft in the ocean and in the middle of a storm, Sean gets pulled off into the air because he was holding onto the sail. Trevor and Hannah are terrified when they are separated from Sean and scared that they will never see him again. Trevor and Hannah continue the journey in hopes that Sean knowing the plan will allow them to meet up at their original meeting point. BACK
9. HOME Obstacles: Sean finds himself running from a T-rex, and Trevor goes to find him. Trevor manages to kill the dinosaur by making him fall through muscovite rock. They then go to the meeting spot where Hannah is waiting for them. In order to escape they need to make their boat rise. After many failed attempts of trying to light the magnesium in the wall, they finally are able to ignite it, causing it to shoot them upward and out of the volcano. BACK
10. HOME Return: Trevor, Sean and Hannah shoot out of the volcano and land in Italy. Sean has secretly brought back some diamonds with him from the centre of the earth. They finally return back to New York, where Trevor and Hannah move in together. BACK
11. HOME REAL LIFE HERO REPORTIntroductionThere are many heroes around the world, who are constantly impacting the lives ofothers in a positive way. Terry Fox is just one of the many examples of heroes. TerryFox showed multiple admirable character traits such as optimism, courage andperseverance. He is truly an inspiration to so many people and he is without doubta hero that will never be forgotten.In the beginningTerrance Stanley Fox was born on July 28th 1958 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. A few yearsafter, his family moved to Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, where he and hissiblings grew up. He had an older brother Fred, and a younger brother andsister, Darrell and Judith. His parents were Betty and Rolly. From an early age, Terrywas enthusiastic about sports. Some sports that he participated in were basket balland cross country. Terry attended Port Coquitlam Secondary School, and sharedthe ‘Athlete of the Year’ award with his friend Doug Alward in their final year. NEXT
12. HOMEHow it all startedIn 1977, Terry was diagnosed with oestrogenic sarcoma, which is a form of bonecancer. His leg was then amputated six inches above his knee. Terry became angrythat Canada spends so little on cancer research and decided to do something aboutit. He was going to run across the country in order to raise awareness and money forcancer.The Marathon of HopeBefore Terry was going to run across the country, he needed to train. At first, he kepthis goal a secret from his family. He informed them that he was training for theVancouver Marathon. It was about a year later, that Terry finally told his familyabout his plan. On April 12th 1980, Terry dipped his artificial leg into the AtlanticOcean, as a start to his marathon. On average, he ran about 42 km every day, nomatter the weather conditions. After running for 143 days and a total of 5373km, Terry began to have breathing problems and pain in his chest. He was taken to ahospital in British Columbia, where he discovered that the cancer had spread to hislungs. Terry passed away on June 28th 1981. BACK NEXT
13. HOMEAwards and RecognitionTerry Fox received multiple awards such as the ‘Canadian of the Year’, ‘The Lou MarshAward’, ‘The Sword of Hope’, ‘Order of the Dogwood’, and ‘Companion of the Order ofCanada.’ As well, there were many schools, roads and monuments named after him orin his honour, such as Mount Terry Fox, Terry Fox Courage Highway, the Terry Foxstamp, and the Thunder Bay monument.ConclusionIn conclusion, Terry Fox is truly an inspiration and a hero. He battled with cancer anddecided to do something about it. He did the Marathon of hope, not for fame, but toraise awareness and money for cancer research. Now, there areschools, roads, monuments, and awards in his honour. As well, many schools acrossCanada participate annually in the Terry Fox Run, raising money and awareness forcancer research, and continuing Terry’s dream. For one person to have such a hugeimpact on so many people is incredible. Hisdetermination, perseverance, optimism, compassion and courage make him aremarkable man, who will always be remembered and honoured as a hero. BACK
14. HOME HOROSCOPES ARIES LEO SAGITTARIUSTAURUS VIRGO CAPRICORNGEMINI LIBRA AQUARIUSCANCER SCORPIO PISCES
15. HOMEBACK Aries (March 21-April 19) Do not let the words of others bring you down today. Stay true to yourself and don’t let people get in the way of your happiness. Be yourself and if people don’t accept you for who you are, then they are not worth your time.
16. HOMEBACK Taurus (April 20- May 20) You may experience some tough times in the next little while. Stay strong, and in the end, everything will be okay. Remember that you can get through anything, no matter how hard it may seem at the time.
17. HOMEBACK Gemini (May 21- June 21) Things may be changing in your life. You are taking on more responsibilities, facing different challenges, and partaking in new opportunities. Remember that change can be good, and to go into it with a free and open mind.
18. HOMEBACK Cancer (June 22- July 22) Things may not go as planned today. No matter what happens in the end, remember that you sometimes just have to go with the flow and know that everything is going to turn out okay.
19. HOMEBACK Leo (July 23- August 22) It’s time to celebrate! You have achieved an incredible goal and should be very proud of yourself. It’s time to take a break from your hard work, and enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
20. HOMEBACK Virgo (August 23- September 22) You may be experiencing many different emotions in the next little while. Just know, that there are always people there for you to talk to and help you with whatever you may be going through. Sometimes, it feels good to just let it all out and cry.
21. HOMEBACK Libra (September 23- October 22) Friends may come and go, but family is forever. It’s time to spend some time with your family and tell them how much you love and appreciate them. No matter what, you can always count on them. Show them that you care today.
22. HOMEBACKScorpio (October 23- November 21) Sometimes, it’s best to just forget and move on. Some things are just not worth you worrying about and stressing over. Don’t worry so much about the negatives in your life, and focus more on the positives.
23. HOMEBACK Sagittarius (November 22- December 21) It’s time for you to branch out and go meet some new people. Make a friend or fall in love. You never know if that person could end up changing your life for the better.
24. HOMEBACK Capricorn (December 22- January 19) Do not take life for granted. Be thankful for every day you wake up. Do the things you’ve always wanted to do, fall in love, spend time with your family and friends, and just live every day as if it’s your last. You never know when your time will end.
25. HOMEBACK Aquarius (January 20- February 18) You have worked so hard for something that you’ve wanted for a long time. Although you may feel tired or frustrated, you must not give up. Keep in mind the reason why this is so important to you, and never stop trying. You will get there, and in the end, you will be so proud of yourself.
26. HOMEBACK Pisces (February 19- March 20)Don’t be afraid to show your true colours. Be yourself and letyour personality shine through. People will like you for who you are, not who you are trying to be. Express yourself through style, art, sports, and more. You are unique and special in your own way!
27. HOME Word Search Terry Fox Dragon Horoscope Hero Mythology Unicorn Go to Word Search
28. HOME BACK T E G K L I N W R H M E S I L R E H E K O P R D O I U R Y L C B F R S A O Y N N C B N A Y M I L P R Z L I G K F O M L O H O R O S C O P E C C H T N E Q J X U I M Y T H O L O G Y N O P Y H J D S V W U
29. HOME BIBLIOGRAPHY http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/09/13/f-terry- fox-run-30.html http://www.terryfox.org/Foundation/Facts.html