Be the first to like this
This presentation details how local governments can use social media to help their council and community better prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters. Topics covered include:
* engaging with the community as partners in emergency preparation, response and recovery
* social media channels and tips for emergency communication and monitoring
* empowering employees with the knowledge of how to use social media in emergencies
* integrating social media in business continuity plans and creating a remote workforce
* resources to help you - apps, maps, tools, templates, tips and guidelines
Presented to the Queensland Local Government Social Media Forum hosted by LGMA QLD at Telstra Building, Brisbane, Australia on 29 May 2013.