1. Capital City: Sacramento It became a state on September 9, 1850 The State Flower is the California Poppy The State Motto is “I Have Found It” President Richard Milhous Nixon was born here.
2. Capital City: Albany It became a state on July 26, 1788. It’s population is 18,976,457 The name comes from England’s Duke of York State Flower: Rose
3. The Capital is Phoenix Became a state in February 14, 1912 Their state bird is the Cactus Wren State Flower: Saguaro Cactus Blossom Lowest Point is the Colorado River which lies at 70 feet.
4. Capital City: Honolulu State Bird: Nene State Flower: Hibiscus or Pua Aloalo It’s highest point is Mauna Kea: 13,976 feet high Governor: Neil Abercrombie
5. Capital City: Austin State Flower: Blue Bonnet Highest Point would be Guadalupe Peak. It lies at 8, 749 ft. It became a state on December 29, 1845. The state’s motto is “Friendship.”
6. Capital City: Baton Rouge Their motto is “Union, justice, and confidence.” The state was named in honor of France’s King Louis XIV State Flower: Magnolia Highest Point is Driskell Mtn. 535 ft.
7. Capital City: Harrisburg State Flower: Mountain Laurel Lowest Point: Delaware River & it lies on Sea Level It’s nickname is Keystone State Constitution: 2nd state
8. Capital City: Springfield Became a state on December 3, 1818 State Bird: Cardinal State Flower: Purple Violet It’s Nickname is Prairie State
9. Capital City: Frankfort It became a state on June 1, 1792 The State Flower is: Goldenrod It’s highest point is Black Mountain and it’s 4,145 ft. President Abraham Lincoln was born here.
10. Capital City: Boston Admission to Statehood was on February 6, 1788 Their state flower is a Mayflower Their motto is: “By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty” It’s nicknamed the Bay State